Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Can a man be 100% faithful?
YES 563 59.77%
NO 154 16.35%
Who knows?? 225 23.89%
Voters: 942. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default Can men be 100% faithful?

What are your thoughts on this, PTO? Can a man be 100% faithful? Is it possible for them to be truthful and true to one woman? Or is it REALLY in a man's nature to want more than one woman?

Now that I am moving on into a new (FABULOUS) relationship, it's nerve racking to know if I can trust him or not! One of my good friends told me that I should put my trust into him until he fu*ks up and don't spend my time looking for it. That's what I've been doing and it's going great BUT I'm still nervous................
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,833 Times in 11,078 Posts

Can they? You bet. Can men or women with particular emotional disorders achieve faithfulness - no. You have to understand the basic person before there's an answer for you.
babydoll7x7 (03-21-2009), BlueEyedEllie (09-15-2008), DustysGirl (10-21-2009), Frezell (02-16-2011), MicrowaveMassacre (09-26-2010), Mrs. Happy (12-02-2011), mrscooper (11-11-2008)
Old 09-25-2007, 08:17 AM
here we go again :(
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,340 Times in 613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by june_baby
What are your thoughts on this, PTO? Can a man be 100% faithful? Is it possible for them to be truthful and true to one woman? Or is it REALLY in a man's nature to want more than one woman?

Now that I am moving on into a new (FABULOUS) relationship, it's nerve racking to know if I can trust him or not! One of my good friends told me that I should put my trust into him until he fu*ks up and don't spend my time looking for it. That's what I've been doing and it's going great BUT I'm still nervous................
Are you the same person that startedthe thread asking "what are you to him" and you said that you were "the other woman"
I hate to break it to ya, but if he cheats with you, he will cheat on you!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to a_coleman For This Useful Post:
$Mrs.Chavez$ (04-18-2010), babydoll7x7 (03-21-2009), Baddyellabone (01-22-2013), donaldswifey1 (09-28-2010), HisWife401 (12-04-2015), Iamnewtothis (12-02-2011), ImJustMe123 (05-08-2013), KCdenver (09-18-2011), kylee23 (01-06-2009), MsMarie (01-06-2009), Peppermoose (10-03-2014), shenson (11-23-2010)
Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
A man? Yes. But if you're playing house with a boy........... then he will react and respond like a boy... childishly... "I want EVERYTHING.... NOW!!!"
Old 09-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_coleman
Are you the same person that startedthe thread asking "what are you to him" and you said that you were "the other woman"
I hate to break it to ya, but if he cheats with you, he will cheat on you!
Well....I said I "was/am" the other woman because I've been in the process fo leaving that DONKEY! I might have been blinded my love for a minute but not anymore. The question I'm asking today is in about a new relationship with someone I've known for a while and am opening myself up to see what a GOOD man is. AND....YES, he's single.... No drama this time!!

Last edited by june_baby; 09-25-2007 at 08:30 AM..
Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Account Closed

i think it's on the man and the sitituation. I know if I was the one in prison, my baby would look out and make sure i was str8, come visit and all that but to quote him " a man gonna f**k" ............. but if we're home together and happy and we do what we're suppose to keep each other happy I dont believe he would...

and ladies we always gotta keep it in the back of our mind.. what you wont do for your man, the next woman is more than willing to do, specially if it's a good man....
Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Donation Award 

I do believe that a MAN can be faithful, not a boy but a man can. It is hard to let down your wall when you been hurt. But he is cheats to be with you then more than likely he will cheat on you. Good luck. There are good men still out there..
babydoll7x7 (03-21-2009)
Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

What if you were SICK? Is he gonna leave you at home ill and go f**k? I don't see a lot of difference there. Some would say, "Well, so and so put himself/herself there, so it's different." BS. People who smoke could be said to put themselves in the health predicament of deadly lung cancer, but when they wind up getting it, are their spouses going to say "Sorry, you did that to yourself, see ya, I gotta go f**k."???

I'm sorry, but if I had somebody telling me or doing stuff like that, I'd be questioning how much they really cared about me and think I'd be better off without them.

We need to keep in the back of our minds that what we won't do for our man, the next woman will be more than willing to do, especially if he is a good man? Naw, I'm not going to be held mentally hostage and forced into doing things I don't agree with out of fear of him leaving because of an unfair threat like that hanging over my head. Sorry, not playing that game. If that is the case, then he needs to get the hell outta my life and go kick it with her........she can have him if he's gonna be like that!

The last thing I gotta say is that men in this world have done WHOLE LOT more difficult things than keeping it in their pants (think Napoleon's Army and the seige of Stalingrad just for one example!). They oughta be able to manage it, and if they can't I, for one, don't need their weak, sorry a$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8
i think it's on the man and the sitituation. I know if I was the one in prison, my baby would look out and make sure i was str8, come visit and all that but to quote him " a man gonna f**k" ............. but if we're home together and happy and we do what we're suppose to keep each other happy I dont believe he would...

and ladies we always gotta keep it in the back of our mind.. what you wont do for your man, the next woman is more than willing to do, specially if it's a good man....
Old 09-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

it depends on the man and his situation,,,
,,a man who spent his teens and twenties locked up and now he's 30 and on the loose,,No! Not to say he will be a man whore but he gonna slip up
,,a man who starts another relationship without ending the one he is in,,,I would say the odds are stacked he will but there's a chance he won't
the thing is,, I am a stats kinda of gal,,,show me the odds of prison relationships and the likely hood,, based on time and crime ,,their lastability,,and there are your percetages ,,I have seen prison relationships having as high as a 85% failure rate so there you have percentages on my vote on faithfullness,,, be it cheating sexually or just being unfaithful to staying out of prison period!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:07 AM

Yes, they can be and I'm very thankful for that. And, if I may say so, please, we all make mistakes, do things we wished we had not, so don't say "he cheated with you, he will cheat on you"...that may be the story for some, but there are many cases where that is not true. I have never liked lumping people into categories, circumstances change, our lives change, and as we change and grow, hopefully, we learn from our mistakes and become better individuals. We all deserve another chance. I know I don't like being judged, so I try not to judge others.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chi-fil For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (12-02-2011), MizJohnson (09-01-2008), TwinTraviesa (04-07-2010)
Old 09-25-2007, 12:11 PM

Look At A Mans History/ History Very Often Repeats Itself.if He Has Cheated More That Likey He Will. Also If He Is A Repeat Inmate Drug User Or Dealer Or Anyone Out There In The Fast Life He Will. Look At The Way He Treats His Kids And Ex If He Has Any. And I Really Believe That It He Says That He Has Never Been In Love B4. He Will **** Up.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistakes For This Useful Post:
Waitil723 (05-17-2013)
Old 09-25-2007, 12:28 PM

I agree with whoever said that statement about the diffrence between a man and a boy. A man is going to do what's morally correct
Jinty62 (12-02-2011)
Old 09-25-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Well....I said I "was/am" the other woman because I've been in the process fo leaving that DONKEY! I might have been blinded my love for a minute but not anymore. The question I'm asking today is in about a new relationship with someone I've known for a while and am opening myself up to see what a GOOD man is. AND....YES, he's single.... No drama this time!!
Don't avoid that statement, it still stands. You will reap what you sow. There's no way around it. So if you want to know if a man can be 100% faithful, the answer is yes. But with you? Why should he be? I'm saying this so when it does happen to you, and it will, you won't go crazy asking "Why me". Are you currently dealing with the "donkey"? If you are, you are diggin yourself deeper and deeper. You are still cheatin. Remember things come back in 10X folds, so you do the math. You put wrong out in the universe, it's about to come back.
ImJustMe123 (05-08-2013)
Old 09-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Mike's baby girl!

I say yes, and women are the same way. It all depends on you, NOT the gender.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danielle27 For This Useful Post:
Double Platinum (12-02-2010), lilitalymix (04-08-2010), sexychica (09-25-2010)
Old 09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Is it SO MUCH to ask of a person who's supposed to be in love with another person? I mean, really? Man or woman?

If one can't expect sexual and emotional fidelity, then what IS the point of being a couple? Can someone please explain that one to me? You can just be best friends, with benefits, without benefits, who gives a flying f*ck, if you practice safe sex and aren't a couple? Get down with whomever and whenever you want and not have to answer to anybody but yourself on that subject, and yet still keep that strong emotional tie and devotion to the other person in question. This all = friendship to me.

If you expect unfaithfulness or are willing to give it an easy pass because of circumstances if it does happen, why is it important to you to be a romantic couple in the first place and not just call yourselves close friends until such time as when you both could make that faithful committment?

You may be trying to be realistic and save yourself some initial heartache upon his release if he wants to go a little "hog wild" sexually, but is that a good enough reason to think you should sell yourself short like that? Don't you expect to be enough for them and what they need when they get out? Why can't his "hog wild" behavior only be fantastic sex with you and not involve anybody else?

If I'm living in a dreamworld here because actual statistics say things will play out otherwise, then I need to stay single for the rest of my life.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Default Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Gem
Don't avoid that statement, it still stands. You will reap what you sow. There's no way around it. So if you want to know if a man can be 100% faithful, the answer is yes. But with you? Why should he be? I'm saying this so when it does happen to you, and it will, you won't go crazy asking "Why me". Are you currently dealing with the "donkey"? If you are, you are diggin yourself deeper and deeper. You are still cheatin. Remember things come back in 10X folds, so you do the math. You put wrong out in the universe, it's about to come back.
EXCUSE ME!! Who are you to tell me what's going to happen my life. You don't live my life, you don't know all the circumstances. I don't judge you.. I could..you seem bitter!!

All I asked was "COULD A MAN BE FAITHFUL?" Simple as that! I didn't ask you to predict my future!!! The DONKEY....he still calls, writes, pledges his affection BUT (AS I'VE SAID BEFORE!!!!) I LET THAT GO!! FOR ME!!

Watch yourself judging others...it WILL come back to you...10X!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 PM

How exactly do we each define being faithful. Most of us are basing our relationship on emotional trust. Therefore if your man shares his inner most thoughts with another do you consider that being unfaithful or just the mere use of his body. For my man and I we promise not to be perfect but to wholeheartly put our respect for each other first. In doing this we chose to keep faithful to each other. I have six years to wait left and I know in my heart I could never be with another man because I could not face my man after doing so...........that is just who I am. However I do not judge others for the actions they take to deal with and survive. Every couple has there own set of rules. As for the other woman, perhaps it is a lack of respect for themselves that allows them to let a man disrespt them

The Following User Says Thank You to Tre's Treasure For This Useful Post:
HisWife401 (12-04-2015)
Old 09-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves
What if you were SICK? Is he gonna leave you at home ill and go f**k? I don't see a lot of difference there.

Please tell me your not comparing someone being sick, be it a cold or cancer to someone being in prison where you basically have no contact, to being at home with someone going through something day in and day out together. The 2 can't even be compared. As for my man, if I were home sick, I know he'd be right there to take care of me in every way.. UM, HELLO, THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT CHEATING, AND LAST TIME I CHECKED BEING SICK DIDNT MEAN YOU HAD NO SEX LIFE..

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE.. AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF WOMEN AND MEN THAT WILL CLAIM TO BE FAITHFUL TO THIER LOVED ONE, AND HANG UP THE PHONE OR LEAVE THE MAIL BOX AND RUN RIGHT TO THE PERSON ON DECK...... AT LEAST WHAT MY HONEY SAID WAS THE TRUTH...
Old 09-25-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
EXCUSE ME!! Who are you to tell me what's going to happen my life. You don't live my life, you don't know all the circumstances. I don't judge you.. I could..you seem bitter!!

All I asked was "COULD A MAN BE FAITHFUL?" Simple as that! I didn't ask you to predict my future!!! The DONKEY....he still calls, writes, pledges his affection BUT (AS I'VE SAID BEFORE!!!!) I LET THAT GO!! FOR ME!!

No, I'm not bitter because I know the rules of the universe. It sounds like you are young, so I guess your not ready to hear the truth. I don't have to know you personally, this applies to anyone. I don't see where I'm judging you I'm giving you a heads up.

Last edited by Gemini Gem; 09-25-2007 at 01:41 PM..
Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Closed

I believe that a man can be faithful to one woman
a good man is hard to come by these days
but no one cant you what you already know
all that matters is your own opionion
Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 PM
He's Home and We're Good.

ROTFLMAO!!!! WOW, YA'LL GETTING TOUCHY TOUCHY NOW. DON 'T GET THE THREAD CLOSED BECUASE IT IS A DAMN GOOD THREAD...
Quote:

2003- A New Relationship

2006- 3 Years apart

2007-Still standing

2008- Doing Good!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
He's Home and We're Good.

oh, snap i did not answer the question. YES, i think a MAN can be faithful, once they grow out of that Di** and Pu*** phase, thinking that a man can get all kinds of ass when and where he chooses, some men don't even go through that phase, alot of you were right BOYS do. So a man, can understand the consequences and know that a piece of butt is definately not worth losing what he has at home especially if the woman is coming correct.... in all ways, emotionally , physically, and sometimes men too want a woman that is secure in her own. You feel me. So I grew up with alot of boys, who turned into men and I'd say the men I know I know, there are a few of them who cheat , there are a few of them whom remain single because they know they are not ready for any type of relationship, then there are the MINORITY, who would not cheat on their wife if a Beyonce walked up and wanted them to take up time and smack that azz... hahaha. but, the ones like i said that I know, they are the minority. Good sound MEN.

2003- A New Relationship

2006- 3 Years apart

2007-Still standing

2008- Doing Good!

Last edited by Woody's Girl; 09-25-2007 at 02:19 PM..
Old 09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
signed off for good.

Male here! One of the proud, faithful men too

Yes, a man with integrity can be faithful.

The true question I believe is "does the person (M/F) want to be
committed or be single." Those are two totally opposite lifestyles. We
can't be both at the same time.

Actions speak louder than words and that takes a long time to determine if
a single person is ready (for themselves) to be a committed adult.

Integrity; always doing the right thing when nobody is watching.
The Following User Says Thank You to Veggieguy For This Useful Post:
VjzWifey.!. (09-01-2009)
Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
signed off for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody's Girl
who would not cheat on their wife if a Beyonce walked up and wanted them to take up time and smack that azz... hahaha. but, the ones like i said that I know, they are the minority. Good sound MEN.
Not me. Beyonce has nothing on the spirit of my honey-gal.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:15 PM

I dont know still I would like to say yes but there is always that thought in my mind thats says no