Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 AM

The offender, your son, must be the one to follow through on this. Family calling will do nothing. The compact is between the offender and the sentencing state, not the offender's family and the sentencing state.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA PO
The offender, your son, must be the one to follow through on this. Family calling will do nothing. The compact is between the offender and the sentencing state, not the offender's family and the sentencing state.
Thank you for your response. I am just trying to contact in hopes of keeping my sons application or case of transfer from falling through the cracks in the system. Counselors and all prison staff in California are stretched so thin these days it seems to me it is a possibility that it could happen.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Default Please help very confused

My husband is in Georgia Prison, I am so worried, I and his infant daughter live in South Carolina, I know he has given the address to classifications and they just asked him if this is still his address when he got to his camp, I am worried because he did not receive a application nor have they mentioned fees yet, Is this normal, should I be concerned?? He is up for parole Feb 2013 and me as his legal wife, daughter, sister, and other family members hope for his release to our State to alright. Please any info would be helpful....
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 PM

Default Transfer to a different state in county jail or state prison

ok so my boyfriend, soon to be husband is in the state of tennessee locked up in Carter County Jail he will probably be transfrred to prison cause thats where he wants to be....is it possible to get him transferred to a south carolina prison (im located in myrtle beach, sc) from the county jail or should we wait til he goes to a tennessee state prison??? im just lost and want him near me and his son any help will be appreciated thanks

Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Come on already!

I just want to say going through this situation is a mess. TX IC informed me that as soon as they get my husband's file they would submit it to NM within 48 hours. The problem with that is they have to get the file from Review and Release and these people are sitting on the file. I understand that they have to go through a certain protocol to get things done, but the lady from R&R said within 2 weeks NM would have his file, it's been 2 wees and TX doesn't even have it. He was given parole almost 40 days ago, so this process is so for the birds, he is sitting in prison knowing full well he should be out and I'm sitting out here knowing the same, something has to be done about these types of situations. I pray to God that NM works quickly, quicker then the review and release department, they have no idea what time sensitive means whatsoever. I'm disturbed and pissed off right now. I hate dealing with parole.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaJo View Post
I just want to say going through this situation is a mess. TX IC informed me that as soon as they get my husband's file they would submit it to NM within 48 hours. The problem with that is they have to get the file from Review and Release and these people are sitting on the file. I understand that they have to go through a certain protocol to get things done, but the lady from R&R said within 2 weeks NM would have his file, it's been 2 wees and TX doesn't even have it. He was given parole almost 40 days ago, so this process is so for the birds, he is sitting in prison knowing full well he should be out and I'm sitting out here knowing the same, something has to be done about these types of situations. I pray to God that NM works quickly, quicker then the review and release department, they have no idea what time sensitive means whatsoever. I'm disturbed and pissed off right now. I hate dealing with parole.
I know it is easy to become angry with the whole ICAOS process. I have felt the same way. The sending state may take a little longer than what we expect, but once the the receiving state receives the compact, they have 45 days to send an answer back to the sending state. The counselor or PO has to properly fill out the compact and then submit it in the first place. This always doesn't happen the way it should. Just keep with it; I am sure he'll get out soon. Also, tell your husband to check with his counselor too. Hang in there!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 PM

I have an update for my situation.

My IC submission was denied back around the first of July because of ICAOS Rule 3.101 (a) which states offender must have more than 90 days or an indefinite period of supervision remaining. My parole officers told me that I could re-submit my request once off of parole and placed on probation. I was puzzled to why my supervision for both parole and probation were not looked at as a whole. This past week, I have made some phone calls, sent e-mails, and researched the ICAOS website. I contacted the office of my soon to be probation, and explained my situation to a probation officer. We agreed that I could probably go ahead and submit my IC transfer request through the probation office instead of waiting until September 19 which would be the day of my intake from parole to probation. This way, the process can be underway, and hopefully, I will be moving sometime in October.

I have worried myself sick and relentlessly researched the ICAOS to make sure I meet the criteria. The living situation I am in has diminished so badly. I will be so happy and relieved whenever I can finally move to be with my family.

Last edited by apokerygma; 08-23-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 08-24-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMU

Thank you for your response. I am just trying to contact in hopes of keeping my sons application or case of transfer from falling through the cracks in the system. Counselors and all prison staff in California are stretched so thin these days it seems to me it is a possibility that it could happen.
My emails and phone calls have paid off looks like my sons transfer is being processed. I contacted the receiving state of Hawaii and they were happy to give me advice and even said they would contact me as soon as they received the application and where glad to help with the process. California is going through some major changes with the realignment just hoping that someone there has the time to process his application. Hawaii said it would only take a few days to processes once received. .
Old 08-26-2012, 08:45 AM

That is excellent to hear, SMU. Congratulations to you and your son.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apokerygma
That is excellent to hear, SMU. Congratulations to you and your son.
The ICOST says it takes 45 to 60 days too process The transfer once it's received the application from the prison staff. (icost got it last week) It has to go to the board for approval. If approved then they notify the offender. Then the receiving state will notify me (family) when they need to approve the living conditions (home, other people in the home, a willingness for all involved to support the move ect.)

In the mean time I'm busy getting his ss card birth cert and other I'd together so he can travel. Airlines and TSA require picture Id that he doesn't have so I'm going to have him certified prior so there won't be any issues at the last minute. Hopefully this will keep me busy so I don't have a nervous breakdown worrying while I wait for the approval !!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Come on already!

Question - my hubby is incarcerated in TX, got parole early July, but waiting on the interstate compact to go through before he can be released. The parole officer her in NM that got his file is coming tomorrow or Wednesday to do the home inspection, okay so when he gets approved, does the PO from here send back reporting instructions to TX? If so how long do they have to give TX to get him released, anyone know??
Old 08-28-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaJo
Question - my hubby is incarcerated in TX, got parole early July, but waiting on the interstate compact to go through before he can be released. The parole officer her in NM that got his file is coming tomorrow or Wednesday to do the home inspection, okay so when he gets approved, does the PO from here send back reporting instructions to TX? If so how long do they have to give TX to get him released, anyone know??
It is my understanding that the sending state will send the parole instructions to the receiving state. How long it will take for them to prepare and send them I'm not sure. The whole processors suppose to take 120 days are less. The receiving state has 45 days to respond starting from the day they receive the request
Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMU

It is my understanding that the sending state will send the parole instructions to the receiving state. How long it will take for them to prepare and send them I'm not sure. The whole processors suppose to take 120 days are less. The receiving state has 45 days to respond starting from the day they receive the request
Oops I just retread the rules and it is the receiving state that issues the reporting instructions. The acceptance from the receiving state includes the reporting instructions so they have 45 days maximum. Rule 3.104-1 a and b
Old 08-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,308 Times in 13,393 Posts

When I was released from federal prison, they gave me a photo ID that allowed me to travel on public transportation, including airlines. I never received the social security card they were supposed to order for me though, and he will probably need additional documents to qualify for a driver's license or state ID card. It will help if you already have them when he is released.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Come on already!

Well the NM PO still hasn't came, and I've been coming home everyday after work and staying here every single day for the whole afternoon and evening since she said she'd be here this week after 5pm. Grr.......I'm so sick of this whole situation. Then I called the TX IC office and they informed me that NM will not send them back reporting instructions with a date and time since he is still incarcerated and it is up to the sending state to determine his actual out date. So once TX gets approval, then they will send his file to Review & Release to process his certificate and then to Huntsville to get a release date, so yet again more waiting to be expected. It's like at every turn the new info I find has us waiting longer and longer. I know I should just be happy he is getting out, but I'm so angry that the process could be so much simpler and it could take so much less time. My husband is very frustrated wanting to be home and the kids and I are as well. I almost wish he would have just got a serve all, he would be out in December anyways, and atleast then we'd have a specific date. It's so hard waiting on other people's work ethic and procedures. Sorry I'll stop griping now.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Account Closed

Just wondering if anybody had any suggestions or advice for me. My fiancee was transferred to California (2 years ago in Nov) from MN for disciplinary reasons. Does anybody know how the custody points are figured? His points went way up when he was classified in California because they looked at him as a new offender and the past 23 years he's been locked up were all taken into consideration. In Minnesota his points were nowhere near as high. Is it customary for the receiving state to configure their own points rather than just going off the original state?
Also, if anybody has any idea whom I contact about the points and/or how to go about trying to get him returned home? Which state would it be more beneficial to work on?
Thank you for any info anybody may have. It's been a long 2 years for me and I know it's been even longer on him. Oh...and MN doesn't acknowledge Hardship transfers....I've already looked into that alley.

Barbara
Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 AM

I am originally from Hawaii but transferrred to Oregon the day I got released last December. I now have a transfer into Nevada which they recieved august 15th. My family in Nevada still has not been contacted for a house visit, ect. But when I spoke to Nevada office they said I have been assigned to a field agent. Everything I am reading says the recieving state is pretty quick once it has the paperwork. I understand they gave 45 days but still, should I be concerned no one has contacted my family yet? Mahalos
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauaiNsg View Post
I am originally from Hawaii but transferrred to Oregon the day I got released last December. I now have a transfer into Nevada which they recieved august 15th. My family in Nevada still has not been contacted for a house visit, ect. But when I spoke to Nevada office they said I have been assigned to a field agent. Everything I am reading says the recieving state is pretty quick once it has the paperwork. I understand they gave 45 days but still, should I be concerned no one has contacted my family yet? Mahalos
I am not totally sure of the processes involved once the local offices receive the application, but if you were told that you have already been assigned a field agent, I believe you are okay. The authorities may not have contacted your family yet, but they may not and just send back reporting instructions anyway. Stay on top of it, tell your family to be looking for a phone call or for them to call the local state probation or parole office to verify your paperwork is in their hands.

If you can do me a favor, let me know what your sending state does next and also inform me of how long the processes took from the receiving state. I am kind of in the same boat as you as I am transferring from GA to FL. This past Friday my paperwork was apparently sent to FL, so I am hoping to hear something within the next two weeks about my transfer.

Best of luck to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to apokerygma For This Useful Post:
KauaiNsg (09-10-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Apokerygma: mahalos an I will let you know how this whole thing plays out. So far it's been a nightmare but hopefully almost over. Still nothing yet. Aloha!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:59 PM

Hi Searcher, I want to thank you for all your valuable assistance. This is my first time with this type of forum and I have an issue concerning Interstate Compact policy and procedure. I am a little frustrated to say the least and i don't know what else to do. I am a parolee in a contest with my PO Office concerning parole transfer to Mass. I have recently requested an emergency transfer because of my living arrangements due to the economy. I am being evicted and have nowhere to go accept another State. However, the residence is the family of my fiance of 6 years. Because it is not "MY FAMILY" I am being told it makes me non-transferable. I realize the guidelines of who "Family" is but if by law we are considered "Common-law" husband and wife wouldn't that classify her side of the family as Family? I have been on parole for 8 years with an exemplary record. I have complied with my parole requirements without incident. Other than the minute issue of family, there is no other viable reason for their denial. Do I have any other recourse? Is there any way I can plead to a Higher Power to plead my case? Please help!!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,308 Times in 13,393 Posts

Just some thoughts (guesses to be more exact). Check the interstate parole compact rules and regulations for both states. If living with your fiance's family is not specifically prohibited, point that out to your PO, or appeal the POs denial to the supervisor. Since IC transfers require the approval of both states, if your PO still won't support your request, I'm afraid you won't be able to go.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Come on already!

No I caught her in a lie, she told me yesterday that she pushed the file through and TX should have it by now, she said I didn't even do the home visit, no need I already sent it. I said great and called TXICO, they don't have it. I called her supervisor, just playing dumb and she infomred me that she hadn't even reveiwed the case yet cause the PO hadn't done the home inspection yet. Wow, I might as well be the parolee right. Not a good omen and I'm now worried how she'll act towards my hubby when he does get here. How can she bold faced lie to me, grrrrr, I hate the whole IC and parole process, I have to bite my tongue to spite my face, cause I don't want to get rejected, but in the mean time I just get bs after bs and disrespect, God it's wonderful to be married to a convict.
The Following User Says Thank You to LanaJo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-13-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
Spent 4 hours on the agreement today, last weeks date was wrong. I cant possible explain the changes. All states besides MASS are part of the now Federal Laws that govern the Insterstate Compact. I'll help anyone understand the inside scoop if they ask specific questions. This is a proffesional hobby of mine so, I think I'll have the best up to date info on ANY states guidlines. It is now standard and legal in all states but MASS.
I am so glad to have found your posting, my son was just rejected for his request to return to Washington state where he resided before he was extradited on a dui probation violation, his fiance had letter of complete support in his package, however the investigating case worker rejected the compact request based on they were not yet married, a representative at the sending state suggested he put in a request for emergency travel waiver so that he could return to Washington so they can get married, will the help him get approved for the interstate compact?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
doughsgurl, yes they can they just follow the proceedures of the compact. I had 2 cleints get married last month so they could move with thier girlfriends (not the best reason to get married).
Searcher, I've read your postings On the Interstate Compact and you seem to be well versed on the subject, please help I am at a loss and don't know what we should next.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Come on already!

Wanted to post on here my timeline for parole and interstate compact from Texas to New Mexico!

Anyways
PED 08/2010
PRD 12/07/2012

IPO interview 05/30/2012
Board received file 06/28/2012
FI1 vote 07/03/2012
Blood drawn 07/11/2012
Review & Release rcvd file 07/12/2012
File @ TXICO 08/14/2012
File @ NMICO 08/16/2012
Parole interview 09/19/2012
Tx received acceptance 09/24/2012
Certificate issued 09/26/2012
Release date issued 10/03/2012
RELEASE DATE 10/16/2012!!!!! WooHooo!!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LanaJo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-12-2012), longdays&nights (10-12-2012), Quackenbooboo (08-15-2017)