Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Default Interstate Compact to Alaska

Hi everyone I am new here and trying very hard to get some information on interstate compact. I am originally from Alaska, I moved to Idaho committed a felony and sentenced to probation. My mother, father, wife and my three kids all live in Alaska. My probation officer submitted the paper work on February 16th, Alaska compact office tells me they received the packet on the 17th, forwarded it to the probation office in charge of where I will be living on the 23rd of February. Realistically how long of a wait time am I looking at? Thank you for any thing you can tell me!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Probation & Parole Office

Since you weren't a resident of Alaska at the time of the crime, it won't fall under emergency reporting instructions. Alaska will have 45 days to advise of their acceptance or denial.
These things are for lesser men.
Protect the weak against the evil strong.
And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."
Old 03-30-2012, 07:34 PM

Thank you so much for the reply! If its 45 CALENDAR days, that would be the 1st. I havenet heard anything and no one has been by my wifes house to check. Are they really held to 45 days?? Again thank you!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:07 PM

Got approved today!! Headed to ALASKA! Thanks everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wirelesspirate For This Useful Post:
LamontLover (05-23-2012), patchouli (04-12-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 PM

Default Preparing for the Transfer Application

My son will be applying for the transfer from California to Hawaii to live with us upon his release in November 2012.
My question is :

What, if anything, can or do we need to do to prepare for his transfer. I have a letter prepaired to send to his counselor to confirm our (his families) support and hope that she will send in the application.

Since he will need to fly does the California Prison take them to DMV or do I need to work out his form of ID to Fly.

Will I need to pick him up or will the Prison transport him to the airport.

Any advice is appreciated !
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Default California to Hawaii

The prison took care of everything that my son needed to be transferred from NH to NC. Go to the site below for more information and how it is worked. As far as flying, I don't know. I had to pick up my son and had a certain number of days to get him to NC. Hope this helps a little bit.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/36780704...Transfer-Guide
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 PM

What are the conditions to get an inmate transferred? I may need to look into that myself.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 AM

Ok here's my problem, hubby applied for to the interstate compact program he's in Jersey and we live in PA. PA denied him because he has a 4th degree sex charge which is over 20 yrs old and we have a set of twins that are eight. The PO who did the home plan said he has to enter into a sex behavioral program, which is impossible because he's locked up and was told the program can be anywhere from 1-3 years, he only has 6 months of parole. This is devastating because he has gone past his release date, which was the 17th, we just got the decision from PA. Any help.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 AM

I left out that the PO said he couldn't be around his own kids, which he has taken care of since birth.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,454 Times in 16,805 Posts

Geez louise, when they ever get a grip and modify some/many MOST of these absurd SO laws and restrictions I am sooo very sorry this is happening. If he only has 6 months on parole, since he's still incarcerated, can he just serve-out and come out "not on paper"? If so, he'll have to register when he gets to PA, but there won't be any of those pesky parole restrictions (unless there is a manatory supervison period, which I can't answer for your state or New Jersey).

I can empathize with you on this, My Mr's charges are 20 years old, he served out a 5 year sentence day-for-day and when he picked up drug charges all the DA kept spouting in court was "but your Honor, he's a sex offender"

Hopefully someone will come along with a better idea, but if PA rejected his parole plan, I'd just wait 'em out.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 05-22-2012 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: sp/comment
Old 06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Come on already!

I have a question. I was told by Texas IPo about a month or so ago, that when my husband had his interview he should put down our address here in NM and at that time they would fill out the interstate compact form, and it would go with his file to the parole board. Then if he was voted yes then they would submit the paperwork to their regional office and then they would submit it to NM. I was told this on two occasions.

Then my husband told me that during his interview he tried to put our address in NM down and asked about the interstate compact paperwork. he was told by the IPO that he couldn't do that at all, couldn't change his address nor fill out paperwork. He told her what was told to me and she was like no that's not how it goes. You have to do it if you get an FI-yes vote, but not before. She also told him that he shouldn't change his address to NM. He said what sense does it make to have all these support letters and job letter from NM but not have a NM release address. She gave him some BS story that it'd take 45-60 days for Texas to do what they had to for interstate compact and then NM would take another 45-60 days, so he'd be waiting in prison for an extra 60-120 days. He told her that if that's the way it was then to just make sure they removed his old address off his parole plan to his parents in Texas and leave it blank and when he made parole he'd refuse it. How sucky is this? It's so unfair. I've been doing so much research and it really seems like this IPO officer is just being lazy and going off what she thinks instead of what is real. I need some serious help. Please anyone.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:22 PM

Please help with little information, my husband is in Ga but all of the family - wife, child, sister, nieces and nephews live in South Carolina. I recently moved here for the reason of my husband to have more moral support upon release, we are his only family and will assist him and help him succeed in the future, we have a large network of friends for a chance of employment and I have even spoke with him about returning to school with me and he says he loves this idea. He is not from Ga and came there from Florida so he has no residency there, he couldnt even get bond due to not being from there, do you see this to be any problems
Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 PM

Default Split-Sentence Transfer

Hello everyone,

If anyone can provide me with information and/or advice about my situation, I would be very greatful and appreciative. I have searched the internet and asked my parole officer for information and have not been able to get a definite answer. My situation is as follows:

I applied for Interstate Compact from Georgia to move into Florida on June 15, 2012.

I have a split sentence which is 15 years serve 3 years- (paroled out after 1 year.)

My parole ends on September 19, 2012 and then my probation begins.

By the time the process for the Compact is completed, I will have less than 90 days left on parole, but I will still have 12 years left on probation when parole is over in September. So my concern is with the split sentencing. The rule states, "Offender must have more than 90 days or an indefinite period of supervision remaining..." Does anyone know if the states will combine the total time for parole and probation, or will my parole be looked at as separate?

Thanks for any help and/or advice
Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Come on already!

Sorry apoke don't really know anything about the split and how it works, the interstate compact is already so confusing as it is, hopefully someone will come along with some experience.

I posted a while back about the IPO giving my hubby the run around on the paperwork, I ended up calling the regional director and they took him the form to fill out the next day! We got that done and he was just giving a yes on parole, so we shall see how long it takes and how the process works. I'm wondering though how long Texas will sit on it, or if they have a certain time limit to send it out. It's so unnerving when your life is in someone else's hands. Good luck to us all!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyarianna View Post
Please help with little information, my husband is in Ga but all of the family - wife, child, sister, nieces and nephews live in South Carolina. I recently moved here for the reason of my husband to have more moral support upon release, we are his only family and will assist him and help him succeed in the future, we have a large network of friends for a chance of employment and I have even spoke with him about returning to school with me and he says he loves this idea. He is not from Ga and came there from Florida so he has no residency there, he couldnt even get bond due to not being from there, do you see this to be any problems
If he is locked up in GA and wants to parole/be released out into SC, he should do the interstate compact listing a family member's address- preferably one without any kind of record and willing to accept him which sounds like should be no problem if there is a strong network of support for him. I, myself, am not totally certain of the interstate compact agreement between the individual states as a whole. I was released from prison in GA about 2 years ago and tried to do the IC to TN soon after, but was denied because once released, the offender must be out for 6 months and abide by all rules. So, if he wants to go SC, I would suggest for him to start the process while he is still incarcerated. Good luck!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaJo View Post
Sorry apoke don't really know anything about the split and how it works, the interstate compact is already so confusing as it is, hopefully someone will come along with some experience.

I posted a while back about the IPO giving my hubby the run around on the paperwork, I ended up calling the regional director and they took him the form to fill out the next day! We got that done and he was just giving a yes on parole, so we shall see how long it takes and how the process works. I'm wondering though how long Texas will sit on it, or if they have a certain time limit to send it out. It's so unnerving when your life is in someone else's hands. Good luck to us all!
It is very unnerving, thanks for some feedback. I hope all of our questions and uncertainty are replaced with positive and assuring answers.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 AM

Hi my husband is on NON-REPORT probation he has already paid off all his fines and restution. and we are wanting to move to from GA to Portland OR. his brother lives there and has for like 3 years, we are going to move in with him. my husband has not been in trouble since the last time & the last time he got in trouble was like 4 years ago......how long does it take cause his probation office said 7-10 days and then superviser said 45days? He is a felon, but it was when he was like 19. how much of a chance does he have? And what could we do to speed up the process?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,274 Times in 13,372 Posts

I doubt there is anything you can do to speed up the process. Hopefully GA will submit the request, and Oregon will approve it, but I bet they will both decide his case on their own time schedule, not what you want. I hope it happens quickly, and the transfer is approved.
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
maranda11 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 AM

yea well ga has already fax it out they said so know were just waiting on OR god I hope they approve it they said that he has like a 70% chance of it getting approved. I read somewhere that he qualified for a mandatory transfer and he has like a 100% chance of getting it approved do u know if that is true?
he going to call Portland Monday and see if they have it.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 PM

I'll answer my own question...

Parole and probation ARE looked at separately as far as ICOS in concerned. If you have less than 90 days left on parole but an indefinite period on probation remaining, ICOS will not approve of the transfer until parole is over. I just found out today; my packet was returned... I will have to wait until September to re-apply for the Interstate Compact... I so hope that everything will work out smoothly then. I am upset about this news, but it is not the end. Everyone keep their heads up.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Come on already!

Well apoke I am sorry that you are having to wait, but glad that atleast you know what the deal is. Hopefully everything will work out! Good luck!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:52 PM

Question. If anyone has any idea about it, I thank you in advance. My man is serving 20 flat time and when he was arrested, his address was TN and when he does get out, I want him back home with me in KY... he wont have anything when he gets out... no parole, no probation, nothing.... does he still have to apply to come to KY? We are married and I live up in Ky and all his fam is up there too...
Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Probation officer

If it is confirmed that his legal obligation was fullfilled with the time served, he'll be free to go to KY if he chooses.
The Following User Says Thank You to 26thncaliswag For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-13-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 06:47 AM

Default So frustrated

I just want to leave! Last time I checked it was in Salem, Or and that was like 2-3 weeks ago. They only got 1 week to reply back so well see if that happens!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:31 AM

So my son is within the 120 days of release and has filled out the application for transfer but now has changed counselors and not sure if the new one will follow through with the application ? I have called and emailed but no reply. Who can I contact to try to get his counselor going in his transfer ? Maybe someone at the states inter transfer office ? He's in California and trying to transfer to Hawaii. He is a prime candidate with support in Hawaii and no support in California. Any advice would be much appreciated !