Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucyruspilot View Post
just heard from my current po in ohio, and my compact has been approved by texas. I get to leave this saturday. The process went very quickly, only 15 days from when ohio submitted the papers.
Thanks for all the input.

John
congrats!!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,380 Posts

Transfere from CO to PA...

If I'm reading everything correctly under 3.101 mandatory transfer of supervision my boyfriend should be a mandatory transfer to PA since he's moving to live with his sister, a PA resident (boyfriend was a CO resident when convicted and sentenced)??

Next... we are running into issues with his PO (he was released from DOC on 9/30) in CO getting his plan submitted to IC. He met with his PO on 1/12 and submitted the info and again on 2/23 at which time he again supplied the info. He was told on 2/25 by the PO that he would get it submitted the following week. On 3/16 I contacted the IC office in CO only to be informed that a plan had not yet been submitted. Is there anything we can do to get the PO to follow through and get the plan submitted??? Is there anyway to check to see if a plan has been submitted without nagging the poor lady at IC??

Also, he lady at IC mentioned him needing to sign a plan/application.. when he mentioned to his PO on 2/23 about signing the paperwork, the PO told him it was done electronically these days and nothing needed signed.. is this accurate?? He checks in again next week and I want to make sure he is prepared!!

Thanks...
Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24jf View Post
Transfere from CO to PA...

If I'm reading everything correctly under 3.101 mandatory transfer of supervision my boyfriend should be a mandatory transfer to PA since he's moving to live with his sister, a PA resident (boyfriend was a CO resident when convicted and sentenced)??

Next... we are running into issues with his PO (he was released from DOC on 9/30) in CO getting his plan submitted to IC. He met with his PO on 1/12 and submitted the info and again on 2/23 at which time he again supplied the info. He was told on 2/25 by the PO that he would get it submitted the following week. On 3/16 I contacted the IC office in CO only to be informed that a plan had not yet been submitted. Is there anything we can do to get the PO to follow through and get the plan submitted??? Is there anyway to check to see if a plan has been submitted without nagging the poor lady at IC??

Also, he lady at IC mentioned him needing to sign a plan/application.. when he mentioned to his PO on 2/23 about signing the paperwork, the PO told him it was done electronically these days and nothing needed signed.. is this accurate?? He checks in again next week and I want to make sure he is prepared!!

Thanks...

I can only explain how my process was. I contacted my PO and asked if I could move to Texas to be with my mother. We scheduled a meeting for the following week. I went and saw her, where I supplied a letter from my mother. I provided her my moms address and telephone number. I had to then have an administrative hearing with my PO's supervisor, which I was lucky could be the next day.. He agreed with the transwer, and had my PO complete a judgement entry for the judge to sign. She called me the following day to say the judge approved for me to be transferred. The entire process started on March 1st, and this morning she called me to let me know that Texas approved the transfer.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to bucyruspilot For This Useful Post:
24jf (03-22-2011)
Old 03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Parole Officer

24jf, if the PO doesn't do a lot of interstate transfers, the web based program can be a real pain. I do less then 1 per year and I have to go find someone who's famaliar with it to make sure I'm uploading the cases correctly. This sounds like his PO.

The application form has to be downloaded, your b/f has to sign it, and then it is scanned/uploaded into the program. Along with goes quite a bit of documentation. Both gaining and loosing states can kick it back for the lack of information.

Did I mention the new program is a pain?

A couple of suggestions, he may want to gently ask his PO if he's famaliar with the new program or ask if there's another reason for not submitting the request.
The Following User Says Thank You to WA CCO For This Useful Post:
24jf (03-30-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Default Parole California to Oregon?

Hello folks, How can I transfer my parole from California to Oregon? I am married and we are financially self sufficient. Is there a way I can transfer to another state without having to live with relatives? How can I get this thing rolling? Any help would be appreciated big time.
Wayne.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 PM

Hello,

My man is in Prison in Ohio. He was living here in TN with me and decided to go back and face his charges. He thought he would get 18 months, ended up getting 4 years. His out date is in December. He wants to come back here. He had a job and we were building a life together. IF anyone can tell me/us what we need to do I would really appreciate it. Please PM me. Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Probation & Parole Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Mosley View Post
Hello folks, How can I transfer my parole from California to Oregon? I am married and we are financially self sufficient. Is there a way I can transfer to another state without having to live with relatives? How can I get this thing rolling? Any help would be appreciated big time.
Wayne.
Well, it depends on why you're moving. You can move, but you're going to need a sponsor in the receiving state and it won't be mandatory, unless you or your spouse's job is relocating one of you. You also should be in "substantial compliance" in the sending state.
These things are for lesser men.
Protect the weak against the evil strong.
And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."
Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri'sBeauty View Post
Hello,

My man is in Prison in Ohio. He was living here in TN with me and decided to go back and face his charges. He thought he would get 18 months, ended up getting 4 years. His out date is in December. He wants to come back here. He had a job and we were building a life together. IF anyone can tell me/us what we need to do I would really appreciate it. Please PM me. Thanks
If he absconded from Ohio to Tennessee, then he's going to have a tough time swinging being able to return. Are you two married? Does he have family? There's a lot more info that's needed.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Louis View Post
If he absconded from Ohio to Tennessee, then he's going to have a tough time swinging being able to return. Are you two married? Does he have family? There's a lot more info that's needed.
He did not come to TN running from charges. The charges were issued after we had moved down here and they were looking for him to plead to them. He went back and turned himself in and plead not guilty. When found guilty he was given the 4 years.

We are not married but have been together for almost 10 years. We planned on getting married but wanted to wait until he was out and do it the right way. He said he wants me to marry him out of love not obligation on my part or dependency on his. I would marry him today if it would get him home.

His family members that are support are in Kentucky, he has no one in Ohio except one sister who is of no help to him because she is a recovering addict as well and they pull each other down.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM

It's possible that he can return to TN to be with you, but he'll have to use you as a "sponsor" rather than a family member. He'll need to get with the caseworker in the prison about an Interstate Compact transfer to TN, with a backup to family in KY in case that one falls through. Better to have some kind of support than none in OH.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
It's possible that he can return to TN to be with you, but he'll have to use you as a "sponsor" rather than a family member. He'll need to get with the caseworker in the prison about an Interstate Compact transfer to TN, with a backup to family in KY in case that one falls through. Better to have some kind of support than none in OH.
Thanks. I will let him know, I told him about this thread and that I was looking into it.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Default got questions about paroleing out of state

My friend boyfriend just got out of jail and they went and got married he got out on december the 28 of 2010 if they is married can he go home with his wife and kids his wife is real sick and needs him she stay in wisconsin and he is on parole at his mom house in chicago also she is pregnant they got married on january the4th of 2011 also he is on house arrest not sure of what to tell her also my friend is handicap can sum 1 please help me so i can help my friend bcuz she needs her husband home with her also he has to be on parole until december of 28th of 2012 any suggestions please.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:38 PM

Default Interstate Compact Denied

I'm reaching out here on behalf of my fiancee and hoping that we can get some positive advice for our situation.

We had plans on moving to Albuquerque so her PO here in Florida submitted the instate compact paperwork to NM. The PO office in Albuquerque sent officer's to her sponser's house, friends she has known for over 30 years and are willing to let us live there as they have plenty of space in their house. We were told that it would be a "discretionary transfer" which was OK with us.

As the PO officers in Albuquerque were leaving, they told our friends that it should be no problem - good sign.

Since things looked good, she asked her PO here in FL if it would be OK to go out there and visit them and she said OK. So we received the travel permit and went out and visited them - we returned home yesterday.

Today, we found out that the transfer was denied because she came out to Albuquerque before she received the OK on the transfer. Here's the thing, we had no idea that she was in violation of anything. All we did was ask for a travel permit which was approved. If she wasn't suppose to travel to NM, we certainly wouldn't have. We feel someone should have told us that we couldn't visit the receiving state before the transfer was approved. There was nothing further from our minds than doing something that would jeopardize the transfer.

We would like her PO here in FL to call and talk to the office in Albuquerque since she should have told us that we couldn't visit NM but she is unwilling to do so.

Our frustration is that someone should have told us.

My fiancee has been in total compliance here in Florida, has never been late or missed her monthly PO visit and has paid her PO fees each and every month - never late.

Is there anything we can do at this point? She feels like she's being penalized for something she didn't do.

Looking forward to positive replies . . . thanks, raf215

Last edited by raf215; 04-19-2011 at 05:42 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Parole Officer

raf215, there's nothing that can be done except resubmit the transfer request. If it was approved the first time, chances are it will be approved the second time.

Her current PO cannot contact the recieving state (or at least isn't supposed to). Even then it wouldn't really help.

Since it was a discretionary transfer, they gaining PO was probably looking for a reason to deny it.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Can I be pointed in the right direction my husband is sued to be released on may 2nd after serving two months for a violation he filed the papers do a transfer from ca to tx before we got married we have a dv case our here in tx his po stated to me that texas is gonna deny him for that the case its two years o old we are married and have established a life here in tx am I gonna have to move back to ca
Old 04-20-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA CCO View Post
raf215, there's nothing that can be done except resubmit the transfer request. If it was approved the first time, chances are it will be approved the second time.

Her current PO cannot contact the recieving state (or at least isn't supposed to). Even then it wouldn't really help.

Since it was a discretionary transfer, they gaining PO was probably looking for a reason to deny it.
WA CCO, thank you for your reply. We will resubmit the transfer request and try again.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:35 AM

How did NM find out about the trip out prior to the transfer approval? Was there LE contact?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
How did NM find out about the trip out prior to the transfer approval? Was there LE contact?
From our friend that we were visiting because he called the PO. He had lost the business card that the visiting PO left with him so he searched the internet, found the number and left a message for him. What he said in the message to the PO is unknown to us.

BTW, what does LE contact mean? Thanks for your reply/question.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,481 Times in 16,820 Posts

Quote:
BTW, what does LE contact mean?
Law Enforcement contact....any tickets in NM while you were there? Anyone call the police on you/your friend? etc

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
raf215 (04-27-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post

Law Enforcement contact....any tickets in NM while you were there? Anyone call the police on you/your friend? etc
No Law Enforcement contact from us, no tickets and no calls to the police, nothing. BTW, thanks for the "definition" of LE
The Following User Says Thank You to raf215 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-25-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA CCO View Post
We just wanted to double check on this. So we can resubmit the transfer request to the same city? ie Albuquerque? What would be different this time than from the 1st time (other than the fact that we went out there the 1st time)? Thanks for any and all replies.

Last edited by raf215; 04-27-2011 at 03:46 PM..
Old 04-30-2011, 03:36 PM

You can resubmit the transfer, but it's still discretionary. Coming to ABQ without authorization the first time (which is what it's viewed as while an ISC approval is being weighed) wasn't the best thing to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Igor Louis For This Useful Post:
raf215 (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Coming to ABQ without authorization the first time (which is what it's viewed as while an ISC approval is being weighed) wasn't the best thing to do.
We now completely understand that we shouldn't have traveled to ABQ but no one told us that there would be a problem doing so. In reading ISAOS/common questions, there is a question about this with answer:

Answer:
Temporary travel permits may be granted in some instances. However, if you abide by the following recommendations you can avoid violating your supervision and jeopardizing your pending transfer request.

1. Follow the local policy and procedures for obtaining a travel permit from your supervising officer.
2. Your supervising officer needs to obtain permission from the receiving state prior to issuing the travel permit.

Step 1 was done; step 2 wasn't - if ABQ would have said no, we wouldn't have gone and would have waited for approval.

Lesson learned for us.
BTW, thanks for your reply.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 AM

I have a question that is a little “out of the box” so I’ll start with the situation….then the question….so here goes…My fiancé is in California (Avenal) due to possibly be paroled in August of next year. He was a resident of California (where we grew up together) and committed the crime there but I live in Florida own my own home, have a 10 year old in school & have him set up in a job (in his profession as a physical therapist) here already. I am currently working on all of the support letters. Now the thing is he also has support in Nevada where his mother lives and his sister has said she can set up a job there. Then to boot we have support from his brother in law in California for a place to stay and job there. We do not want a parole denial based on lack of support and contingent on the place he wants to come (to me) denied due to whether a discretionary transfer is allowed so we have looked at plan b and c. Plan b would be his mothers in Nevada but just the thought of a long distance relationship after he is out (makes me cringe) and the last choice is plan c California (but this is where they will automatically release him). Does anyone know how we should approach where he is released once parole is granted? Is there a way to apply for 1st choice (best support Florida) 2nd choice (good support Nevada) 3rd Choice (support but not where he wants to be and not nearly as good as the other 2 California)? In addition he does really need to visit his mother in Nevada. Would it be best to go there then apply for a transfer to Florida? Or would it be best to attempt Florida and then see about a travel pass to visit mom? As I read some of the other posts here I truly feel blessed that my fiancé does have a very strong network of friends and family. At least IF IT TAKES TIME FOR HIM TO BE ABLE TO GET TO ME HE WILL NOT BE HOMELESS. I do feel for those that are and wish them the best….I realize this is not the norm so any advice from those more knowledgeable how all this works would be so appreciated!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:21 AM

First, if he is due to parole in August 2012, he'll have to wait until Feb. 2012 to even start the Interstate Compact paperwork. If he has available accommodations upon release in CA, he'll have to make a good case as to why FL would be better. He has to pick one and only choice to submit the Interstate Compact paperwork to. He cannot submit to FL as first choice and so on. So, if he wants FL, he'll have to submit the paperwork to FL, and not NV as well. If FL is denied, then he can resubmit the paperwork to NV. If he were to be accepted by NV, and then ask for a subsequent transfer to FL, the paperwork can get messy, so I always tell my people that if they intend to move to a third state, then just apply to that state directly. If he hops around between CA, then NV then FL, FL may deny the transfer as it looks like he's either transient for no good reason, or has been asked to leave the previous residence for some reason. Basically, it won't look good or be easy if he only visits NV for a short period then tries for a transfer to FL. I would try for the transfer directly to FL, then he can ask the FL PO for a travel permit to visit mom in NV.