Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:56 PM

Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default Anyone have loved one in RSAT program? Why do they send guys there?

Why do they send guys there? Drug charges? Alcohol charges? I hear about slot of guys going there but don't know why?
Old 08-08-2016, 02:39 PM

Anyone?????
Old 08-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Anyone?????
I think that's like the ASAT program we have here in NY. My bf has to complete it in order to come home. I think it's useless. When I talk to him he tells me half the time they don't even meet and when they do its for a very short period of time. The program is 7 months long. The other day they were watching movies
Old 08-08-2016, 04:20 PM

Asat here they can complete while incarcerated.....the RSAT program is something they gave to do after release. I think its mostly for drug offenders so my husband would be OK but he has an underline charge for drinking even though he's not actually in prison on a charge of drinking. I think some with those kind of charges gave to go but I really hope not. I heard the program sucks and they can't have visits.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:47 PM

Default Rsat 2018

RSAT is a "treatment program" is it not? Is working in the violent kitchen MANDATORY? What is Double O violation? Can their visits be denied b/c they refuse to work in the dangerous kitchen?
Old 09-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Default Rsat 2018

It appears they are not following the guidelines at all - each inmate is supposed to have a high SASSI score, which my inmate is hardly at the very bottom of the scale.

What I'm asking here is if anyone has heard that those in the program MUST work in the kitchen, which is known for violence (stabbing included)? Is "work" mandatory in a Michigan prison drug-abuse treatment program? I've heard of a Double O "procedure" violation, but can't find any information, whatsoever, regarding an OO or Double O procedure? Anyone have information?
Old 09-01-2018, 07:57 PM

Default Rsat 2018

I've heard inmates are constantly ticketed so that they have to return and repeat the program (another 6+ months in prison) while in the RSAT program. Does Michigan receive Federal Funding for this program? Are they double-dipping on Federal Funding because of this program? How is still being locked up a "treatment" program, while drugs are flowing freely through every prison in the State?
Old 09-01-2018, 08:44 PM

I asked my husband he's never heard of that violation. And never heard of them having to work in the kitchen as mandatory. I was asking about rsat because I thought my husband might have to go there.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:47 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,245 Times in 15,254 Posts

I wish I could answer each & every one of your questions, but I can't as I'm not familiar with RSAT or Michigan policies & procedures. But I *hear* the frustration in your post. Hopefully someone else will be along that has had a loved one in RSAT or has personal experience in RSAT.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-02-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLife View Post
It appears they are not following the guidelines at all - each inmate is supposed to have a high SASSI score, which my inmate is hardly at the very bottom of the scale.

What I'm asking here is if anyone has heard that those in the program MUST work in the kitchen, which is known for violence (stabbing included)? Is "work" mandatory in a Michigan prison drug-abuse treatment program? I've heard of a Double O "procedure" violation, but can't find any information, whatsoever, regarding an OO or Double O procedure? Anyone have information?
I don't know about MUST work in kitchen, but 00 is fired from job or quit job before they have 6 months into it. Can't reapply for a job for 60 days. Don't know if this applies in that program
Old 10-23-2018, 02:25 PM

my husband just completed a 4 month required substance abuse class. he tells me that someone from the parole office has come in 3 times to interview him one on one. He applied for a commutation this past February and got a denial letter because this class was not taken but it was never offered to him. The same day he got his denial letter is the same day he was handed paperwork to take this required class, It really felt like a slap in the face . Anyways my question is has anyones loved one taken the required substance abuse class and had someone from the parole office come in to interview them one on one? My mind wanders thinking this might be a good sign, anyone know anything about this.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochiandkim View Post
my husband just completed a 4 month required substance abuse class. he tells me that someone from the parole office has come in 3 times to interview him one on one. He applied for a commutation this past February and got a denial letter because this class was not taken but it was never offered to him. The same day he got his denial letter is the same day he was handed paperwork to take this required class, It really felt like a slap in the face . Anyways my question is has anyones loved one taken the required substance abuse class and had someone from the parole office come in to interview them one on one? My mind wanders thinking this might be a good sign, anyone know anything about this.
Has he had his parole meeting yet?? What are the interviews about??
Old 11-14-2018, 08:35 PM

Default Rsat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Has he had his parole meeting yet?? What are the interviews about??
His erd date is July 3rd, 2021 and he tells me that they ask about me and what kind of person I am and asks him a lot of questions about himself. I just don't understand why someone from the parole board would be going there and interviewing him, when he still has 2 1/2 years left. I was also hoping someone else is familiar with this. I think I got my hopes of something good happening but I think I will be just let down as usual.