Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:25 PM

Default Please help. Going to serve 180 LA County

First time inside. Misdemeanor/nonviolent, Average white guy mid 40s. Having panic/anxiety attacks. Not sure what to expect, how to prepare, what to expect. Reading about it online makes me calm down for a bit but other stories send me into complete chaos. Please, anyone with any information, insight or advise would be much much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2019, 07:31 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,860 Times in 15,590 Posts

I'm in KY and not familiar with LA County other than what I've read here on PTO. There are a handful of facilities in the LASD system. Do you know which one you'll do your time at? I do know their inmate population is huge, at least compared to our jails here in KY.

Here is a link that lists the facilities...but, darn it, the inks for more info don't work. Explore the link below though, I'm sure there's more info somewhere on there

http://shq.lasdnews.net/pages/PageDetail.aspx?id=1716

Here is a link that has info on visiting, phone calls, sending a package, putting money on someone's books, etc:

http://app5.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

Also, you may want to read through this Cali sub-forum (California: County & City Jail Discussions) if you haven't already.

Hopefully someone with more facility specific info will be along

As far as doing the 6 months, go in with your head up & your mouth shut. Pay attention to your surroundings. Don't give any chit, but don't take any chit either. And do all that without seeming like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Have a safe & speedy journey!! Do you get 1/2 time or do you have to do the entire 180?

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-16-2019), sidewalker (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 10:20 AM

Default Thank you.

Thank you so much for the reply and sound advise. My lawyer says im eligable for the 50% credit but i must serve 90 minimum so i guess thats better. but i have my doubts on my lawyers promises. No idea where I will be housed but I am not a gang member and it wasn't a violent charge.
This forum has been fantastic and again I thank you for your words.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wakup2019 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-16-2019), Sarianna (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 05:50 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,860 Times in 15,590 Posts

I did about 3 months of a 1 year sentence in a county facility that houses state inmates here in KY. Inmate pop: 300 +/- so much smaller than where you're going. I spent most of the time in my bunk, reading or sleeping...it was too damned cold most of the time to do much else. Socks & long johns became important.

You'll do just fine

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Wakup2019 (01-17-2019)