Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Account Closed

Unhappy Polk County Florida Checking in

Hey guys it is another hurricane night for us in Polk County. Don't know when I will be able to get back on once the electric goes out (they are expecting it to) (but hope not) because PTO kept me sane through Frances. We have everything battened down. I just don't like the fact that it is coming in at night. I love all of you Jeanne.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2004, 07:25 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Jeanne you are in my prayers - be safe!
Old 09-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Account Closed

Thanks Kat --- If you talk to Ashytnn tell her hi and thank you both for yesterday. Hopefully it won't be as bad as charley, but who knows. Love Jeanne
Old 09-26-2004, 12:00 AM

Hope you are safe!!
Old 09-26-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Power just back in Manatee

The power went off at 6:30 AM and they just got it back on at about 5:30PM. It was a long hot day and I've never seen a storm like this one has been and it's still gushing winds but dying down slowly. I know it's probably not like you all got in the middle of the state though. The repeated beating from storms you all have taken is unreal. For us - in Sarasota - we're like this little protected inlet sort of near the intercoastal and don't usually get the direct brunt but we got some of it today. WOW.

Take care all.
Cindi

LIFE IS LIKE ART - YOU MUST KNOW
WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE
Old 09-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Always Special to PTO!

Glad to hear that Manatee is ok. Some of the power is out here in Hillsborough too.
Also, Sweetpea has not had power since last night and they said it may take up to 3 weeks to get it on.

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after
Old 09-27-2004, 08:17 AM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

Default Check in from hurricane jeane

Just thought I would check in and see who all survived the past couple of nights. It wasn't as bad up this way as they first thought it would be. We lost power around 8 pm and got it back around 2 am. It was freaky to see all the transformers blow or go out or whatever they were doing. The whole sky would light up with this green glow. I pray this is the end of all this and we can get back to some kind of normalcy.

My heart and prayers go out to all who live in the area where it came ashore at. I pray that everyone is fine and can check in soon. I know it will be awhile before everyone gets power back.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.
Love to all, Spikeswife

Last edited by JWSPMS; 09-27-2004 at 08:22 AM..
Old 09-27-2004, 08:47 AM

Hello Spikeswife!

I'm glad to here that everything is ok for you.

We faired pretty well here in Charlotte County. Thank goodness. We couldn't take another hit like Charley.

The hardest part was when I got to Avon Park on Saturday morning. They called his name to come to the VP, then cancelled visitation to evacuate. That was at 9:50 am. They didn't evacuate until 1:30 pm! I think they could have let us visit till noon. I didn't even get to see him.

They took a pretty hard hit. It took the roof off of the Work Camp. I hope they get it repaired. My b/f is worried that they may be moved all over the state. Sure hope not.

I'm sick of Hurricanes!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:17 PM

I am back also, and thank goodness! There are 75% people in St Lucie county that don't have power, we got so lucky, ours came on at 1AM. This was the scariest hurricane out of them all, at least for me it was. When the bottom half of Jeanne passed thru it was 2:30ish, it woke me up because the winds were howling so loud. I was up until 6AM listening to it, then it finally died down. I got very lucky (yet again), we did not endure any damage, I wish I could say the same for my neighbors and for everyone else. There is one house right by me and their roof came off entirely, and just about everyone who has a screened in porch has their porch in their pool (except for us and our neighbor to the left). There are so many roads under water also, I dont know when it is going to clear up. I hope everyone is safe and sound - please stop in to let us know you are all right and are back up with power. Thinking of you all, and praying that this is the last of them!

Let's finish them this time boys!!
WooHoo!!
Old 09-27-2004, 06:14 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

I'm glad to hear so many are all right and maybe as soon as power comes back up more will check in.

Kellie if you see this I pray you are all right. I'll try your cell tonight.

Butch's wife---I'm glad to hear you didn't take another bad hit over there. And I'm sorry about your visit. They could've at least let them come out for a couple of hours. Hope you get to see him soon and that he doesn't get moved any where to far away from you if he does move. Hang in there.

Sweetpea----Well Jersey girl you survived yet another storm. And glad to hear it. My prayers go out to your neighbors. Let's pray we won't have to go through another one.

I'm tired of hurricanes that's for sure I still have stuff to clean up and fix from Charley!!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone. Take care.
Love,
Spikeswife

Old 09-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Account Closed

Jeanne here. Yall ignore the post I did tonight on babson park reporting in. I was so excited to have power and get back on I forgot I had started this (see what three hurricanes will do to you). This is the third and hopefull last that the eye of the storm went over babson park, lk wales, altrus. I called Middleton Unit in Texas to let my husband know that we are okay and actually got to talk to Chaplin Mitchell. This is the second hurricane we have had since he went into Middleton and both times they let me talk to the Chaplin and he will deliver this message just he did the first one. GOD is sure looking after us. Not much damage, just about every shingle off my roof, but thank GOD I have a roof. Water came in the house in my son's room, my mom's, back door and front door. Just so grateful that so many are already posting and are safe. Has anyone Heard from Meadow22. I love all of you Jeanne
Old 09-27-2004, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jftazzy102
Has anyone Heard from Meadow22. I love all of you Jeanne
I talked to her on IM tonight and she is doing well. I will try to get her to come in to say hi!

Let's finish them this time boys!!
WooHoo!!
Old 09-27-2004, 06:55 PM

hey everyone! thanks so much jftazzy for always worrying about me. everything is good at my house, we lost a little tree, but thats it. for the most part we had electric, it did keep going on and off though. but thank goodness we didnt lose it completely. at work though we lost the roof to the building. its not THAT big of a deal cause it is the building where everyone dumps at, but we found the sheets of metal that the roof was made out of, on the other side of our fence all messed up. it looks like a tornado got to it. the way that the beams and metal are bent all up and twisted. it's just nutty. besides that i am safe and okay on this end
Old 09-27-2004, 09:21 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

I just spoke to Princes'girl73 and she's fine. She has power just no cable so she's not able to get online right now. She's tired but other wise fine.
Spikeswife

Old 09-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Always Special to PTO!

I have no cable either and it stinks! I only get one channel with out it but thankfully I was able to watch Montel today
Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after
Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Prince holds my Heart!

WOO HOO!!! :fb: Finally, the cable is back on. Survived another one, but the winds on this Hurricane were a little too rough for me.. Sweetpea, I really think you need to drop your Hurricane Counter to ZERO!!!!! That would sure make me happy.. Hope that everyone is doing ok, and Pam thanks for checking in on me, even though I was so tired.. ..

Kellie
Old 09-28-2004, 04:23 PM

Hope everyone is doing fine,my mans mom lives in satellite beach and is now staying with me,sadly she lost part of her roof,no electric,no phone,we did get in contact with fema and hopefully she will be able to recieve some help.when i saw first hand the devestation i just could not stand it i am thankful she is ok.As for me and my family and home we are doing fine.kelly
Old 09-29-2004, 10:08 PM

I am glad to see lots of folks alive and well. I just got power restored today and I am so grateful. I lost more trees, fence, a few shingles and my prized Magnolia tree. Another freezer full of food and 2 nights at a motel ( I gotta have a shower, AC, and cable now and then). Today when I got home from the motel my dogs were loose in the front yard, (to my neighbor's horror as they used to think they were attack dogs ).
They are house dogs and I got the dog door going on....now get this...they went into the yard climbed a toppled tree and scaled the fence. They have not moved a muscle since I got home cuz they are whipped from running the streets. They are giving away water, ice, hot food, and military food a mile away from me. I am blessed and I know it but I gotta tell ya I am tired...I mean tired. People that have gone thru this a time or two or three can relate...there are so many aspects. My sister was just about to re-open her business (after Charley and Frances and now Jeanne) She will be delayed indefinitely. My son in Ivan country is out of a job indefinitely. My family is all over the state so if one of us wasn't getting one somebody in the family was....ooooooh my phone bill is gonna be ugly...I have lots to be grateful for and I am even though I just got thru whining my a** off...I am glad to see you came thru it Sweetpea I was worried about you girl, you must live right! Judy