Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:35 AM

Default Anyone having any trouble with phone calls from Camp Hill?

I was just wondering if anyone else was having any trouble with phone calls coming from Camp Hill? The last two times I have spoken with my BF on the phone, the phone shuts off on us. Also, he was supposed to call this weekend and I never heard from him and that is not like him. I called the correctional billing service and they said that my phone is clear, so I am not sure what to think. Please let me know if anyone else is having this problem or if you have any suggestions on what I should do. Thanks!
lch
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2006, 09:29 AM

Default Keep your head up

Well i am not having any problems, actually he called today from Camp Hill. But the first couple times he called we had problems with the phone, it hanging up on us but now it is fine. I don't know why or what it was. but it hasn't done it in about 2 months now. So hopefully it will happen the same for you. Good luck. just keep you head up and write him alot.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:54 AM

Unfortunately prison phones are not top of the line quality. More than likely the problem is on their end and really there is not too much you can do about it except to write a ton of letters and appreciate the short time you do get on the phone.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:05 AM

Thanks!! Actually, I think I figured out the problem. I called Correctional Billing Services last evening and had them check again to see if my line was clear and they said that it was, but they checked to see if he had been trying to call me and he has been. He has been using a calling card that he purchased at the prison and apparently something is wrong with the card. I called Verizon this morning just to make sure again that my phone was ok and they said that my phone is fine that his card must be defective. Now my question is, will the prison accept a letter from UPS if I overnight a letter letting him know to call me collect because his card is bad?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:39 AM

i use correctional billing i went to pay bill last month, it took me 2 hours to pay it, i talked to live people who told me i had to pay it threw automated system. they could not take the payment. i finaley reached a live person from canada, who went out of her way to help me. they changed billing company and the old company said i owed them 13. and some cents, so i had 2 accounts instead of 1, they had it all messed up. the girl got the superviser, who gave me credit, and was going to look into why it took so long to try to pay it.also waved service fee. hope this helps
Old 07-29-2006, 04:51 PM
*Waiten-For-My-Baby*

You have to watch what you say on the phones to because a guard is listening at all times and if he dont like what you say on the phone it will hang up on you to I realizied that!
Lovin My Baby Always!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 AM

Ich7 your best bet to get him a letter fast is to go to jpay.com and set up a mail account and write him my husband gets the letters through jpay in 12-48hrs.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:00 PM

helms2003 is there anyway to pay Jpay with a money order or check
Old 08-25-2006, 06:53 AM

ajrich, If you go to the jpay website, there is a place where you can get the contact information. If you call them they are able to take your banking info. from a check and use it for payment.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 PM

wow i just had like a 3 second call all i got was Aj its jason...CLICK stupid ass camp hill why did this happen i feel like screamin at all the COs there
Old 09-01-2006, 06:27 AM

Lots of times the phone shutting off has nothing to do with the CO's. The phones the guys have to use are not top of the line. I know where my loved one is at, he says they have been punched, kicked, receivers slammed down...all sorts of things. Not only that, with as many people that are incarcerated imagine the lines trying to get out. I know it's not a lot of comfort but as least you got to hear his voice (even for a few seconds) and know he's okay. I'm sure he'll call back.