Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Account Closed

Default A little scared to visit camp hill prison!

I read a few posts on Camp Hill Prison and im still a little scared to go and visit! My bf just got put there for a little while and im afaid to go visit him because I guess i dont know what to expect or i dont know what to say or do when i get there. Can anyone tell me a good experience about Camp Hill Prison??
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 PM

well i cant tell you how the visiting was.. but my brother was there for about a month and it was a "rougher" place but all in all it was better for him... there was a lot more for him to do... they played games with his visitors list.. they kept saying they lost it... but i wish you luck.... i get nervous everytime i go to visit my man even though i've been many many times... GOOD LUCK

Loving My Inmate Member #107
Faithfully Waiting Member #91
Strictly You and Me Member
Missing my Soulmate Member #50
Hoping for Parole member #14

Old 03-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Account Closed

Default visiting my man

I appreciate it! Im still scared tho but i think he needs a "rougher" place so that he wont get in trouble but its scary! but im like 10 minutes away from him and im not visiting and he wants me too! I dunno tho! But thanks!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:19 PM

I have been to Camp Hill before and it was not a pleasant experience. It took forever to get inside to see my brother, the staff at the prison was very rude and disrespectful, the place was so gloomy and he was miserable there. I think it was more of a bad thing for me because I work in corrections and I know thats not how people are supposed to be treated but for my brothers safety I kept my mouth shut. Just follow the rules and bite your tongue and you will be ok, I was so happy that my brother only stayed there a few months.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:29 AM

I go visit just about every Friday. I haven't had any problems there at all. The process is better than our county was. I haven't been there this month yet (going Friday) so I can't say what it's like with the new drug sniffing dogs.

It is gloomy, but you can't expect the Ritz. We haven't had any problems with any of the C.O.'s but we've seen other people who were being "overly" affectionate get called on. Even then the C.O.'s just gave the inmate a talking to, then the visit continued. Follow the rules and everything will be fine. If you need any further info...just PM me.

Tams
Old 04-02-2006, 09:36 AM
*Waiten-For-My-Baby*

Hunny we can be scarded together because my boyfriend is about to get sent up there in a couple months and after reading some of these posts I'm scared to death! Hopefully things turn out good for both of us!
Lovin My Baby Always!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Sunshine

Default Camp Hill's Visits are not all that bad

Hi, In response to your concerns about visiting Camp Hill. I go there every month and let me tell you, I also get nervous before going but the visits are not all that bad. If you're pleasant with the CO's they are not rude to you at all. I haven't had any problems there yet.

Don't be too nervous, it will be fine. Make sure you take your id with you, a plastic zip loc bag to put your money in, you're not allowed to take anything bigger than a five dollar bill. Take change with you because the machine runs out of change too often. Enjoy your visit.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:50 AM

Ladies, you have nothing to be scared about. As long as you follow all the rules you will have no problems. I have visited graterford so many times and saw women go completely crazy because they haven't passed the drug ion scanner and are denied a visit. I always kind of chuckle to myself because they know they are going to be scanned so why bother. Wear respectable clothing, have the proper identification, correct money and be respectful and you will have a great visit.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:31 PM

just do the right thing, go with the flow keep quite and al should be ok after that. dont give them a reason to mess with you, that mean needs you there stay focused on him not the workers...
Old 05-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Default a few questions

Hi guys I wasw hoping someone could me with a little bit of information on camphill. My fiance was currently just place there a week ago and is awaiting there to be transfered to his home jail. I have a couple of concerns about the visiting ? How long does the list usually take to get approved and phone calls ? How often are they allow phone calls and am i able to send calling cards or no ?
Thanks to anyone who can help me
Old 05-14-2006, 08:38 PM

my son has been at camp hill since feb 9,2006 he is waiting to br transfered to houzdale, he can get phone cards there if you send money, he will be on hold for a couple of weeks, you can write him also tell him to try to get job as a runner he can make phone calls and get paper and envelopes, no pay beats being locked up everyday in cell. you can pm me if you want
Old 07-26-2006, 08:40 AM

noone mentioned taking kids to visits. my hubby has been at camphill since july 5, 2006. when the visiting list is approved i had full intentions of taking my kids there to see their daddy they miss soooo much. they are 3 and 4 years old and the drive to camphill will take us 3 1/2 hours so should i take them...will they be expected to sit??????how often can you visit? and for how long on a friday?