Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Donation Award 

Again- not too sure about the Low but at the camp- it's open dorms almost like a big airplane hanger- wide open with A LOT of bunks.. Other than the bathrooms- I was told its pretty open with hardly any privacy..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Anyone have any info on USP Lompoc (medium)......not the camp or low? Thanks in advance if anyone does
Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 PM

Angry LOMPOC FCC omg!

I VISITED my son at Lompoc FCC-Low for the first time last Saturday. The line to get in was horrible. I was there at 8:00 a.m., the earliest they'll allow you to pull in the parking lot and was 57th in line.
The officer checking people in was HORRIBLE!! One Armenian family went up with the grown daughter filling out forms for Mom, Dad, brother, nephew and herself. She walked up, the officer looked at her paperwork and said,
"learn to fill out the papers right and come back. Go to the back of the line". Well that was 75 people long by now. She asked to cut in front about 10 minutes later and again showed her paperwork to the officer. He then said, "fill it out and get back to the end of the line like I told you". Guess what the problem was? She didn't put "n/a" on the medications and "other organization" lines!! He wants NO LINE BLANK but he wouldn't tell her that.
It took us 4 hours to see our son. When I set my and my husband's paperwork down, I put one paper down with a license on top of it. He looked at me and said: "Put the papers down correctly or leave". I said, "excuse me?" He said, "do I look stupid?" I just stared at him-I've been doing this 17 years!!! He then said "stack the papers together with both licenses on top. Make it easy for me to grab or leave". I said, "Sorry, I've never heard that rule before". He then said, "You just missed count lady". By this time I've been in line for nearly 3 hours. He then got up out of his chair and took my paperwork to the gal checking the bins and doing the drug testing. He whispered something to her. So all my group gets to go in-last group before count-and I'm held back for drug testing!! Guess what?? I didn't get to see my son until after count!
I could go on and on with the stories about this guy but it'd take all day. I can tell you I saw four people, from all different groups, crying.
What is the best way to handle this? Write to the Warden, Congressman? Captain??
This day was absolutely appalling. My son has never been closer than 1000 miles from me. Now he's 200 away and I'm afraid to go back.
What should I do?
Thanks!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ByzMom For This Useful Post:
Jimster (07-25-2013), SusanWayward (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Unrepentant Mule-Wearer
Donation Award 

My heart goes out to you. I'd probably write to the warden and cc my congresspeople but also there could be backlash so consider that, too, and speak to your incarcerated loved one before doing anything.

Hopefully others with LOs at the same facility can give you some input, too.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,434 Times in 13,471 Posts

What an AH, and yes there are others just like him who work for the bop. He was probably put in that job because of all the problems he encountered for acting that way with the inmates.

Complaining or not is always a tough call. If enough people wrote the guy up, the administrators might even begin to believe that he should be assigned to a job as far away from families as possible. If only one or two object, it could definitely blow back on the inmate.

If I decided to complain, I would do it in writing to the warden and also to the DOJ Inspector General. Abusing visitors is against bop policy for sure.
http://www.justice.gov/oig/
Old 05-22-2013, 05:24 PM

fbopnomore: thanks for the suggestion to write to the DOJ IG. Good idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to ByzMom For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-23-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Default Email

The computers have been down at the Lompoc Camp for two weeks and are expected to be down for another couple weeks. The story is that there is something wrong woth a fiber-optic cable.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonegan View Post
The computers have been down at the Lompoc Camp for two weeks and are expected to be down for another couple weeks. The story is that there is something wrong woth a fiber-optic cable.
Yes! It's been horrible- my last email was on 7/31.
I was told the same thing: fiber-optic issue.
Although - its just an issue at RDAP.. My husband said that the CO's are "thinking" about allowing the guys to ride over to the camp and use the PC's every now and then- they need to revalidate their MP3 players every 14 days so this past weekend my husband was allowed to use the PC at the main camp. Hopefully the issue gets fixed soon. I was also told that they are finally approved to hire an outside contractor to fix this issue. So hopefully that means there's a soon to be ETA

Xoxox
Old 08-14-2013, 09:50 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will pass it on. I am glad to hear that they figured out they need to get someone in who is competent enough to fix it. It has been terrible not being able to talk. The limited minutes are not enough.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTjones View Post
Thanks for the info. I will pass it on. I am glad to hear that they figured out they need to get someone in who is competent enough to fix it. It has been terrible not being able to talk. The limited minutes are not enough.
Oh tell me about it... There's never enough phone time.. On top of being in RDAP- communication is slim to none as it is... I have a visit coming up this Sunday.. So that's something to look forward too...
Just really wish the computers were back up also.. I wish you guys luck on communication with your love ones...

Xoxo

Last edited by SleeplessInSac; 08-15-2013 at 01:59 AM..
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM

Default Visiting

Oh great. I will finally be visiting in October. Could you please describe what the procedure is like when visiting? There doesn't seem to be much on the forum. There has been talk about under wires in bras and other metal on clothing and having to go to walmart to buy different clothes. The only metal I might have would be a zipper on my jeans. But is it different when visiting RDAP? I will get there early for sure but, what is it like driving up like. It there a line of cars like I've read? I guess I have a lot of questions.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByzMom View Post
I VISITED my son at Lompoc FCC-Low for the first time last Saturday. The line to get in was horrible. I was there at 8:00 a.m., the earliest they'll allow you to pull in the parking lot and was 57th in line.
The officer checking people in was HORRIBLE!! One Armenian family went up with the grown daughter filling out forms for Mom, Dad, brother, nephew and herself. She walked up, the officer looked at her paperwork and said,
"learn to fill out the papers right and come back. Go to the back of the line". Well that was 75 people long by now. She asked to cut in front about 10 minutes later and again showed her paperwork to the officer. He then said, "fill it out and get back to the end of the line like I told you". Guess what the problem was? She didn't put "n/a" on the medications and "other organization" lines!! He wants NO LINE BLANK but he wouldn't tell her that.
It took us 4 hours to see our son. When I set my and my husband's paperwork down, I put one paper down with a license on top of it. He looked at me and said: "Put the papers down correctly or leave". I said, "excuse me?" He said, "do I look stupid?" I just stared at him-I've been doing this 17 years!!! He then said "stack the papers together with both licenses on top. Make it easy for me to grab or leave". I said, "Sorry, I've never heard that rule before". He then said, "You just missed count lady". By this time I've been in line for nearly 3 hours. He then got up out of his chair and took my paperwork to the gal checking the bins and doing the drug testing. He whispered something to her. So all my group gets to go in-last group before count-and I'm held back for drug testing!! Guess what?? I didn't get to see my son until after count!
I could go on and on with the stories about this guy but it'd take all day. I can tell you I saw four people, from all different groups, crying.
What is the best way to handle this? Write to the Warden, Congressman? Captain??
This day was absolutely appalling. My son has never been closer than 1000 miles from me. Now he's 200 away and I'm afraid to go back.
What should I do?
Thanks!!
I go on Sundays or Mondays, it's not too bad then
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 PM

I really hope someone well see this sometime soon!!
I have heard from my friend everyday for God knows how long. Never misses a call when he says he will. All of a sudden, he doesn't call on the expected date and I haven't heard from him thru email either. Iknow he still has money because his mom and I both pitched in to send him money. I really doubt he has tried contacting her because she is out of the country, so I cant ask her if she has heard from him. I am really worried. this isnt like him. I wrote him thru good ol snail mail but I dont know if I can wait for an answer.
is there something going on in the prison (lockdown)? if not, is it safe to say that either he doesnt want to respond or that he is individually unable to use email/phones?
thanks for the help!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvlyBayGirl View Post
I really hope someone well see this sometime soon!!
I have heard from my friend everyday for God knows how long. Never misses a call when he says he will. All of a sudden, he doesn't call on the expected date and I haven't heard from him thru email either. Iknow he still has money because his mom and I both pitched in to send him money. I really doubt he has tried contacting her because she is out of the country, so I cant ask her if she has heard from him. I am really worried. this isnt like him. I wrote him thru good ol snail mail but I dont know if I can wait for an answer.
is there something going on in the prison (lockdown)? if not, is it safe to say that either he doesnt want to respond or that he is individually unable to use email/phones?
thanks for the help!
Hello- I haven't heard anything about a lockdown- my hubby is in camp- unfortunately I don't have any info about medium or low. I'm going to visit tomorrow and I will ask my husband. I do know that the computers are still down at RDAP and the guys are allowed to email on the day of their commissary days because they get to go to the main camp to shop- the CO's are allowing them to re-fresh their MP3's and send emails then- but that's it....
(The computers are good at the main camp...)

Sorry to hear about your love one.. I hope all is well with them... Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SleeplessInSac For This Useful Post:
LuvlyBayGirl (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessInSac View Post
Hello- I haven't heard anything about a lockdown- my hubby is in camp- unfortunately I don't have any info about medium or low. I'm going to visit tomorrow and I will ask my husband. I do know that the computers are still down at RDAP and the guys are allowed to email on the day of their commissary days because they get to go to the main camp to shop- the CO's are allowing them to re-fresh their MP3's and send emails then- but that's it....
(The computers are good at the main camp...)

Sorry to hear about your love one.. I hope all is well with them... Good luck!!
Thanks in advance for any information you can get. I am not sure what level he is in. (I never really cared to ask.) I am assuming he is in the main camp because I was getting emails and phone calls all day, everyday. I know there is a limit on phone calls and that could be a reason as to why he stopped calling. That doesn't explain as to why he stopped emailing (there isn't a limit on that, right?) Anyways, I sent the letter off and hopefully I hear from him soon because I really am worried. =( these next few weeks are going to kill me.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Default Lompoc

Hello. I can't see that you have any replies... I'm new to the website so I hope this reaches you. I'm actually from Lompoc. If you haven't been here, the weather is good to come anytime. You won't freeze or melt. Is he in the RDAP, the camp or the main compound? You shouldn't have any trouble sending mail or books. Let me know specifically what you want to know and I'll write you back.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:29 PM

Default Seriously, no underwire in your bra...

Quote:
Oh great. I will finally be visiting in October. Could you please describe what the procedure is like when visiting? There doesn't seem to be much on the forum. There has been talk about under wires in bras and other metal on clothing and having to go to walmart to buy different clothes. The only metal I might have would be a zipper on my jeans. But is it different when visiting RDAP? I will get there early for sure but, what is it like driving up like. It there a line of cars like I've read? I guess I have a lot of questions.

Hello... I've been through visiting at Lompoc USP. That was me someone saw driving to the Walmart for a wire free bra. The CO's were nice but no can do. I was visiting that the medium compound I have no idea what the the visiting is like for the RDAP. Good luck. Lompoc has nice weather the bulk of the year. It can be chilly out there so bring a sweater. Take Care
Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Donation Award 

Default Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by TragicsLady View Post
My man was moved to a federal Prison ( USP lompoc ) bout 8 months ago, things got real rocky of him being moved over 850 miles away but now things are getting better and I dont know anything about where he's at..So if anyone has info on this instutute, Thank you so much.... I would love to be able to send him some books and stuff for Christmas and his birthday...so Any ideas ?????
You can only directly send him letters and a few photos - you cannot send him stamps, books, or anything else. You can send him books ordered from a third party like Amazon.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM

Lompoc has amazing weather and is a great tourist landmark. Most of the CO"s are friendly. Its great if you get there at 8.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raerae29 For This Useful Post:
Jimster (05-25-2014), smarie409 (04-27-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 06:15 PM

Default 4/14/14 Son At Lompoc FCI

Hi! I just wanted to let you all know my son is at Lompoc FCI. If I can be of any help answering questions, etc. I'm happy to help. I've been in this damn BOP system for nearly 20 years so I might know a little bit
I'm located in Hollister, Ca. about 4 hours from him. We have 30 months to go-with no halfway house-which we are hoping for!!!
Email me privately if you want to: debimahler@reagan.com
Have a great day!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ByzMom For This Useful Post:
smarie409 (04-27-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 06:17 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raerae29 View Post
Lompoc has amazing weather and is a great tourist landmark. Most of the CO"s are friendly. Its great if you get there at 8.
Raerae: where are you located? How many times have you visited? I went though hell my visit on 11/11/13. Visited one time since…going again on 4/26. How about you?
Please email me if you'd like: debimahler@reagan.com
Old 04-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickhenry View Post
You can only directly send him letters and a few photos - you cannot send him stamps, books, or anything else. You can send him books ordered from a third party like Amazon.
YOU can send paperback books yourself but not hardcovers!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:43 AM

Default Emailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByzMom View Post
Raerae: where are you located? How many times have you visited? I went though hell my visit on 11/11/13. Visited one time since…going again on 4/26. How about you?
Please email me if you'd like: debimahler@reagan.com

I emailed you at debimahler
Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Donation Award 

RDAP- Just a heads up with visiting love ones in RDAP- because the guys are over on the other side they have to hop in a van that brings them to the visitor room at the regular camp location. So my advice is to make sure you're in line prior to 10am count. Other wise- your just sitting and waiting for count time to conclude. I've seen families wait over an hour plus-.... my husband just finished RDAP less than a month ago. Please let me know if I can help with more questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaina View Post
Hello... I've been through visiting at Lompoc USP. That was me someone saw driving to the Walmart for a wire free bra. The CO's were nice but no can do. I was visiting that the medium compound I have no idea what the the visiting is like for the RDAP. Good luck. Lompoc has nice weather the bulk of the year. It can be chilly out there so bring a sweater. Take Care
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Donation Award 

Visiting "Campers" Minimum and RDAP- visiting is nothing like the medium or low. Its very easy and really hassle free IMO. Your not searched - no xrays- you can wear wired bras. Honestly- if you follow the regular BOP dress code the CO's really don't bother you. So- usually what I tell friends and family when we visit my husband is - No solid white shirts, no khaki pants, no shorts: Rules for Male visitors. As far as rules for women visitors: I've noticed recently some CO's will not allow ladies to wear legging. They have turned visitors away to change. Also no tank tops or anything that shows the top of shoulders- no open toed shoes. Other than that its really it. Honestly every quarter -3months- the CO's rotate assignments and there's a new CO. Be advised they each have their own rules and pet peeves.
As far as the visiting rooms- its a big open room with rows of chairs and little coffee tables. There also is an outdoor patio. Normally its open seating. But I have seen CO- ask not to go outside until count is over. The vending machines are at times a pain in the butt - I recommend bringing enough monies just in case the machines decide to pull a fast one on ya- BUT please rest assure if you call the number on the machine the owner is very nice and he does above and beyond in service on getting your money back.
As far as the process- there is a form you need to fill out - you can either get it online prior. Or you can get one from the CO. Most times there are families in line with extra. If you go to the FBOP website you can find the form there under Forms: Notice to Visitors. So process: once you park there normally is a waiting line that's formed - once the CO is ready to open he or she will call the line down to the room. From there - the entire family/group goes in per inmate. There will be a sign in book also. I recommend once your checked in to head towards the vending machines since food tends to run out fast and also preparing in case the other machine goes out of order... other than that- that's pretty much it. I have never been to the Low or Medium. But from what I hear camp/RDAP/Minium is a cake walk. Usually if you simply follow the rules things are good. The guard normally keeps to themselves and every now and then they walk around to look out back on the patio. It can get cold in the am waiting for the CO to open the doors.
Well- hopefully my novel was helpful. Any more questions please feel free to ask.

OH and from my last reply- RDAP- Just a heads up with visiting love ones in RDAP- because the guys are over on the other side they have to hop in a van that brings them to the visitor room at the regular camp location. So my advice is to make sure you're in line prior to 10am count. Other wise- your just sitting and waiting for count time to conclude. I've seen families wait over an hour plus-....

Quote:

Last edited by SleeplessInSac; 04-17-2014 at 12:44 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleeplessInSac For This Useful Post:
cglive22 (05-27-2018), kjbg1963 (04-27-2014)