Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Help w/ Camp Hill

So my guy was finally sentenced last week to 6 1/2-15 yrs. Good thing is his sentences are concurrent and they gave him credit for time served (425 days=1yr. and 2 mths.) I know he'll be moving to Camp Hill any day now and I'm really looking forward to it cause I finally get to see him (I work in a county office so i wasn't able to go visit him)! Can anyone tell me what to expect when i go see him? I would love to know things like how often I can visit him, how long the visits last, how strict they are with touching, how crowded it gets during visitation, the best times to visit...things like that. Any kind of info would really be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Papa's weakness

never visited Camp Hill I heard it was the worst but I can't be too sure. One visit per week that I am positive about. I will ask my best friend sister she goes up there

Mack has ALL my love on lock!!
Taking you away for me/would be no damn good me/said I need you in my life/no one could compare to you
Old 10-24-2007, 12:12 PM

youcan visit once a week, and the visits are kinda long, depending on how many people come that day, go on a thursday, dont try any other day, you will get the longest visit, but get there right when the start, so get there like an hour before visits start, i think they open the doors at 115. you wait after check in for about an hour, can be longer, but complain if it is, you can kiss when you see him, and you sit next to him, you eat, bring 30 dollars, no more in a plastic bag, dont dress crazy all the normal stuff, bring your Id, you really souldnt touch during visit, you can sometimes hold hands, depends on CO, they then get transferred to their home jail, I dont know how long they stay at campHill, i think its for classifcatin,but some do stay,but most move on, to a jail far away, but the visits there arent to bad, just dont act up or they will cut your visit,they did it to me for getting upset.But notto bad at all
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 PM

thanks for all the info. after 2 weeks, he finally got his visitation list approved so i'm going up tomorrow and i'm really excited.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Loving my Lemmel

Location: He comes from Bed-Stuy..where they do or they gon DIE!!!

thanks you helped me out to because my boyfriend was recently transfered to camp hill also
Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 PM

i have 2 more questions...
1...are you allowed to have anything in your hair (clips or pony tail holders)?
2...do they inform the inmate of who's visiting them before you see each other or does the inmate find out who the visitor is when he gets to the visiting room?