Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:52 AM

Default 85% / Lets get them home in Oklahoma

Get this out to families!!!! This is big they will love you for helping them know this . Here is a copy paste Dear Rep. Bob Clevland, A Bobbie battle like class action suit is climbing over the Oklahoma prison walls. I am writing you from Texas and am active in helping get fairness. I aim to give you a tool to win your fight for change in the 85% clause. You did not have this tool because it did not exist at the time you took it to the floor. You will now have the tool to address the 85% agenda getting the results wish to achieve. All I ask in return is that you use Daniel Cuttill and his case as an example. He has a team of outsiders here in Texas and Oklahoma that are gathering much and considering doing a Bobbie Battle move. We just aim to end the hidden new cruel unusual punishment. We thought to reach out to you for help. You see when Govoner Mary instructed (UNDER LAW) the Oklahoma department of corrections to adopt her new measure to allow 85%ers to "EARN" good time credits that became your foothold. Under the new change and law, this is now cruel punishment to them. I will explain.here. You see before they adopted the measure 85%ers were not allowed to "EARN" good time credits. Now they begin to "EARN" credits while serving the 85% but their EARNINGS are NOT paid until the 85% mark. At that 85% mark, they will have OVER EARNED their release. If the state is going to recognize each EARNED credit as a day served so shall we. This means at the 85% mark many inmates will have served 100s and 1000s of days over the court order. sentence. This is unjust cruel and unusual punishment. We aim for fairness for Daniel Cuttill and all 85%ers. Please do NOT force the INAME to do more time than sentenced. Under the measure, adopted 85%ers are doing just that. I will give you an example. Let's use Daniel Cuttill. as an example. He has a 5 year 85% sentence. If he is a level 2 the whole time of his 4.4 years this is 85% of 5 years. He will EARN 22 days for each month. At his 85% mark, he will have EARNED 1,144 credits that is equal to days served. He will only need a portion of that for a full release. This meaning he has been held up to 40 percent longer than ordered. Even though it is the law to not issue credits till 85% is complete no matter how you look at it this is an unjust law now over earning release. I open you will use this. Daniel has already sent the word out to the many inmates in the prisons. Families and voters agree with us. Many of us here in Texas are spending hours each week contacting families of 85%ers. We hope to locate each and every one urging them to bill the state for each day over EARNED and spent behind bars. Many of the inmates are also reporting unsafe conditions due to lack of security. Many say they are tired of being injured due to fights. This I am sure racks up the infirmary bill annually. Those funds are better spent on more guards to prevent more riots. There would be less fighting if they were to tell the 85%ers they will get their EARNED credits in a timely fashion so they don't over earn their release. Many inmates will then take part in the classes for reform and change. They also report getting sick often due to poor nutrition and unsanitary conditions and poor access to chapel and law library. We are looking at civil and many agencies for help but thought you would be the best first place to start. I am moving to Oklahoma for the fight for Daniel to give him a home there. I will be your newest voter and will move for you at the election because I believe you will use this to bring change before Daniel Cuttill and others do time unjustly opening the door for poor civil suites that will cost them more money than they will save if they don't do what is fair. Your Welcome I hope this helps you. Thank you for all that you do now you have a tool to finish what you started go get em bud !!!! If you know anyone doing 85 % get started in action
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2018, 10:28 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,413 Times in 7,501 Posts

Never Ever use a copy paste form letter. It is worthless. It will prevent the board from actually reading the well written, heavily contemplated letters because they overwhelm the field with the same letter time after time. It is better to do a blanket petition signed by people who support the guy, but won't take the time to write their own letter.

But, for the purposes of the OP - write your own letter. Never copy and paste. It doesn't help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Lini (02-23-2018), xolady (02-19-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydep View Post
Get this out to families!!!! This is big they will love you for helping them know this . Here is a copy paste Dear Rep. Bob Clevland, A Bobbie battle like class action suit is climbing over the Oklahoma prison walls. I am writing you from Texas and am active in helping get fairness. I aim to give you a tool to win your fight for change in the 85% clause. You did not have this tool because it did not exist at the time you took it to the floor. You will now have the tool to address the 85% agenda getting the results wish to achieve. All I ask in return is that you use Daniel Cuttill and his case as an example. He has a team of outsiders here in Texas and Oklahoma that are gathering much and considering doing a Bobbie Battle move. We just aim to end the hidden new cruel unusual punishment. We thought to reach out to you for help. You see when Govoner Mary instructed (UNDER LAW) the Oklahoma department of corrections to adopt her new measure to allow 85%ers to "EARN" good time credits that became your foothold. Under the new change and law, this is now cruel punishment to them. I will explain.here. You see before they adopted the measure 85%ers were not allowed to "EARN" good time credits. Now they begin to "EARN" credits while serving the 85% but their EARNINGS are NOT paid until the 85% mark. At that 85% mark, they will have OVER EARNED their release. If the state is going to recognize each EARNED credit as a day served so shall we. This means at the 85% mark many inmates will have served 100s and 1000s of days over the court order. sentence. This is unjust cruel and unusual punishment. We aim for fairness for Daniel Cuttill and all 85%ers. Please do NOT force the INAME to do more time than sentenced. Under the measure, adopted 85%ers are doing just that. I will give you an example. Let's use Daniel Cuttill. as an example. He has a 5 year 85% sentence. If he is a level 2 the whole time of his 4.4 years this is 85% of 5 years. He will EARN 22 days for each month. At his 85% mark, he will have EARNED 1,144 credits that is equal to days served. He will only need a portion of that for a full release. This meaning he has been held up to 40 percent longer than ordered. Even though it is the law to not issue credits till 85% is complete no matter how you look at it this is an unjust law now over earning release. I open you will use this. Daniel has already sent the word out to the many inmates in the prisons. Families and voters agree with us. Many of us here in Texas are spending hours each week contacting families of 85%ers. We hope to locate each and every one urging them to bill the state for each day over EARNED and spent behind bars. Many of the inmates are also reporting unsafe conditions due to lack of security. Many say they are tired of being injured due to fights. This I am sure racks up the infirmary bill annually. Those funds are better spent on more guards to prevent more riots. There would be less fighting if they were to tell the 85%ers they will get their EARNED credits in a timely fashion so they don't over earn their release. Many inmates will then take part in the classes for reform and change. They also report getting sick often due to poor nutrition and unsanitary conditions and poor access to chapel and law library. We are looking at civil and many agencies for help but thought you would be the best first place to start. I am moving to Oklahoma for the fight for Daniel to give him a home there. I will be your newest voter and will move for you at the election because I believe you will use this to bring change before Daniel Cuttill and others do time unjustly opening the door for poor civil suites that will cost them more money than they will save if they don't do what is fair. Your Welcome I hope this helps you. Thank you for all that you do now you have a tool to finish what you started go get em bud !!!! If you know anyone doing 85 % get started in action
Sent you a pm