Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:12 PM

Default Husband sentenced to complete a program, but they keep shipping him around?

They sentenced my husband to RTP or the equivalent of, with the remainder of his 10 year sentence to be suspended upon completion.
He went from Lexington to Boley now they are saying he cant do the program at Boley and are sending him to Stringtown, and caseworker said she doesn't know what programs they will offer if they offer any at all.
Will they keep moving him from place to place?
When he signed they said the program could be completed in 6 to 12 months. Who else can I call? Or will they just keep shipping him around?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2017, 08:21 PM

Mine was at Boley for 3 years, they don't have an RTP (regimented treatment program/boot camp program) there. They don't have much of anything there.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 PM

Just wondering how many times he's Gunna have to be transferred before he can get to program that the judge sentenced him to complete before he can come home
Old 03-30-2017, 04:22 PM
Donation Award 

William s keys has one ! String town sucks they don't have anything except a whole bunch of pot heads. Don't Go there!!
Call DOC in Oklahoma city Main office! Why is he being shipped around anyway? If it's in his file to complete a RTP program he should be at William S Keys prison?? Weird! Something isn't right here?

Last edited by mssirois2u; 03-30-2017 at 04:27 PM..
Old 03-30-2017, 10:30 PM

That's right William S. Keys does have one, I remember mine talking about it when he was there (he wasn't in it). You could call the main office in OKC as suggested above. You could also call population at Lexington and talk to the director, population are the ones that have to approve any move/transfer and they make the placements. They could have read the court order wrong, anything could have happened. When they take programs they have to be under a certain number of days to take them, like a drug alcohol program they usually have to be under 2000 days to get in a program. Say if the RTP program is like that and they just saw he got 10 years and didn't look further. It could be anything. If it was me I would call population and ask since they are the ones that sent him there. If you don't like their answer, call the DOC Directors office.
MrsLawhorn (03-30-2017), mssirois2u (04-06-2017)
Old 03-29-2018, 12:36 PM

Default My son in same situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLawhorn View Post
They sentenced my husband to RTP or the equivalent of, with the remainder of his 10 year sentence to be suspended upon completion.
He went from Lexington to Boley now they are saying he cant do the program at Boley and are sending him to Stringtown, and caseworker said she doesn't know what programs they will offer if they offer any at all.
Will they keep moving him from place to place?
When he signed they said the program could be completed in 6 to 12 months. Who else can I call? Or will they just keep shipping him around?

Hello , I know you posted your post a year ago but I have a question . My son is in exact same situation as you described your husband being in . My question is , was he able to do his program in String town ? My son was recently transferred to String town , he's been waiting almost two years to start a program which upon completion he will be released.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcldy View Post
Hello , I know you posted your post a year ago but I have a question . My son is in exact same situation as you described your husband being in . My question is , was he able to do his program in String town ? My son was recently transferred to String town , he's been waiting almost two years to start a program which upon completion he will be released.
My husband never went to Stringtown took them a month to cancel the packet and put him in the program at Boley after persistent complaints. He left Feb 1st and was home November 1st just in time for his sons first birthday. This was for a simple possesion of cds charge, but he had done 5 years back in 2009 so it was an afterformer so luckily they got all his paperwork together and finally let him in. They defunded the program once and we thought hed have to start over elsewhere but luckily a case manager volunteered to finish the course.