Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

View Poll Results: How many current members are affected by the Federal Prison System
Affected in some way by the Federal Prison System 2,077 97.88%
Not affected by the Federal Prison System 45 2.12%
Voters: 2122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 PM
friends are timeless

im a ferderal member that stinks what really stinks its times two the marshalls picked my girl up from county and waiting til aug 31st for sentecing number 2 on another friend oh im gonna be here forever !!!!!!
dr. seuss
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2006, 08:46 PM
ex-cop/ex-con

I'm an ex-federal inmate, (15 years at four different FCI's, July 1984 to July 1999). I still have many friends inside. I now work part-time on a project which helps newly released inmates find employment and hopefully not return to prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to boston0068 For This Useful Post:
DanielsWyf (10-26-2017)
Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM

My husband is in USP McCreay, now in the hole for almost three weeks, for PC, waiting for his team and hopefully transfers to a minimum camp SOON, since his unit manager told me she WOULD be dropping his points at team the end of this month... This forum has helped me through some really tough days and nights, I read everyone's heartache and know I am not alone...I guess that old saying "misery loves company" sad, but true........many times I get a giggle from some of you....its nice to be able to come here.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:26 AM

Did 18 months at Maxwell Camp for wayward adults
Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 AM
para legal

After spending 16 years on one sentence, and numerous smaller sentences in my life, i will always be effected by the federal system, even if only my concern for those still in it.
DanielsWyf (10-26-2017)
Old 08-28-2006, 10:30 AM
DOING MY HOMEWORK

i have been sentenced to 174 months in federal prison. just waiting on a destination and date. PTO has been a great help. and i will never forget everyone here...thanks and God bless!!!
d2
ROMANS 8:28- ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVE GOD.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:44 PM
I miss u boo

my baby ats FPC Duluth he gots 7 1/2 month.

Fed Wifey #40
First Timers #122
Hez Thugged Out, But I LOVE Him #70

Old 09-07-2006, 08:20 PM
DOING MY HOMEWORK

Default great changes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAD 2
i have been sentenced to 174 months in federal prison. just waiting on a destination and date. PTO has been a great help. and i will never forget everyone here...thanks and God bless!!!
d2

i need to ammend my post because of some great changes that have occured.. i was sentenced to 188 months with 14 months credit= 174 months.. the judge made strong recommendations for me to go to marion camp in illinois.. which is 30 miles from home.. he even went as far to tell me outside of court that he was going to do everything in his power to get me there.. and the AUSA concured on that too.. well here it is two months later after sentencing and the BOP designated me to ashland ky. fci.. i was supposed to ss today.. but the judge called me last week and told me that they didn't designate me where he recommended because i can't go to a camp with over 10 years.. so him and the AUSA reduced my sentence to ten years and i am now going to the recommended camp . i just don't have the date yet..and on top of that i will still get my rule 35..
this is such a blessing because i was facing life with a superseeding indictment, then 20 minimum, then actually sentenced to 188 months, then down to 10 with a camp destination and a rule 35 in my future..
now this isn't realy a legal practice. but a federal judge can do what ever he wants as long as the us attorney doesn't oppose or appeal it. and in this case he was actually on board with it.. there wAS ALOT of mitigation in my case that would take me all night of typing to tell.

I AM POSTING THIS TO TESTIFY TO OUR MEMBERS TO NOT GIVE UP YOUR HOPE AND FAITH NO MATTER HOW GRIM THINGS LOOK. GOD IS IN CONTROL. ASK SOMEONE TO PRAY FOR YOU EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. PRAY YOUR SELF AND ASK FOR HIS WILL IN YOUR SITUATION. HAVE FAITH AND THEN EXPECT A MIRACLE!!! AND FINALLY , GIVE THE GLORY TO GOD!!!! JUST AS I HAVE DONE HERE...

D-2
ROMANS 8:28- ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVE GOD.
The Following User Says Thank You to DREAD 2 For This Useful Post:
NevaEnd09 (01-19-2013)
Old 09-08-2006, 06:52 PM

My husband is getting sentenced to Federal prison. He is currently in County on a federal charge. He will be going away for 5-61/4 years. It's only been 4 months, but it seems like forever already. He is either going to Butner, NC or Devens, MA. We won't know for another couple of months.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:01 AM

Default Missing him

My boyfriend is in coleman low federal prison. His projected release date is Jan 09. I pray that it will be sooner than that. Is there anyone else here that has a loved one in Coleman Low?
Old 09-09-2006, 03:45 PM

My best friend and love of my life is serving his sentence in Pollock USP. I miss him more everyday. There is nothing like getting letters in the mail and especially my phone calls. He's lost visitation for one year so it will be at most 6 more months till I see him again. He'll be home Dec. 2009 if not sooner!
Good luck Dan, God will provide a love for you also. Just keep praying and it will happen. It happened for me and I'm so grateful!
Lisa
Old 09-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Calyndula

Thanked 1,052 Times in 669 Posts
Default Lost visitation

How can he lose visitation? Worried about my own guy, who got in trouble in FCI low, Beaumont...still waiting to hear what the "verdict" is.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Federal For Me

I Have To Self Surrender September 20, 2006 By 12 Noon And My Sentence Is 15 Months...MINIMUM SECURITY

Tara (Please PM Member for Information)

In 7 Days Will Be My New Address

Last edited by TxRhino; 09-14-2006 at 05:10 AM..
Old 09-19-2006, 07:56 PM

My husband is awaiting sentencing. We have been waiting for a year now and he is facing 10 YEARS
I don't know how federal sentencing works. I've heard 85% of time served. I am scared to hear the sentence. We have a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old that ask when he is coming home everyday. I am desperate already. I don't know how I would handle 9 more years of waiting. Sometimes I feel it's no use in telling him whats going on if he really cant help me.
Is it possible the judge will go lower than the mandatory minimum?
He has a conspiracy charge, which he has been asked to snitch, but he will not do it eventhough they promise to release him in half the time.
He has his hopes up that they cannot be so cruel in giving him that much time, but if its mandatory I pretty much just made up my mind that he will have to serve that many years.
I am just scared for our future...
Old 09-20-2006, 09:09 PM

My fiance' is doing fed time in Kentucky. I am new to this site I was introduced to it today. It is good to have people who are in the same situation that you are as a support system becuase they understand what you are going through. It is very hard for people to understand why I am sticking by my man, they feel like I am wasting my time but I know that they cant keep him forever and one day he will be back home with us.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveanme
My boyfriend is in coleman low federal prison. His projected release date is Jan 09. I pray that it will be sooner than that. Is there anyone else here that has a loved one in Coleman Low?

Hey daveanme, my fiancee is also at Coleman but at USP for the past 5yrs. We're both from the U.S. Virgin Islands located in the Caribbean. Because of the distance I could only afford to travel to the US once a year to visit him.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 AM

I am new to this site also. My husband is in FCI Beckley (15 yr sentence) been in for 1 1/2 years. His release date is 2018, long time, but I will still be waiting.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:54 PM

My man is already doing his time and i will be doing time as well.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Is it over yet?

Hello everyone. My name is Morgan and I have been a member of PTO since March. My fiance is in a CA state prison and my dad was just sent to TAFT federal prison for a year. I just wanted to say hi.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Marcus30

They got me so bad, they almost killed me. Had 5 surgeries in the BOP. Nothing like waking up in the recovery room chained and cuffed to the bed. Even the surgeon shook his head, LOL. Its ok, the day of reckoning is coming in court. They did this to the wrong person.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:21 AM

Default Bill's Wifey

Yeah That Got MY Babo But Not Forever .Because Im His Forever
Attached Images
File Type: gif 22.gif (60.1 KB, 33 views)

[/url]
Old 11-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Linda Vaesa

I am definately affect by the federal prison system because my man has a 24 year bid,has been there for 5 already. I drive 9 hours just to visit him and I will go in about one month. I cant wait I love him so much!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:54 PM

As of Friday December 1st I am affected by the federal prison system. My husband will self surrender to Yazoo FCI low.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 AM

Hi,

My boo has been dwn for 12yrs now, and has about 10 more to pull. This

is very hard for me beacuse he has just come back into our lives after

11yrs..........We have two kids together. Still not sure how he found us being dwn, but I'm glad he has.

tetro
Old 12-21-2006, 07:44 PM
~Romeo's Girl~

Yeap they got him at Leavenworth till 2018...11 1/2 more years. I guess we will see what happens. That is a long ass time. Does anyone have loved ones there???