Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Legislation & Laws
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Legislation & Laws Discuss and learn about pending legislation or changes in laws that affect various prisons and institutions

Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Black mold in Arizona prisona

Hi...My man has recently been transfered to ASPC-Tucson- Echo Unit. The inmates there are a level 2 security-minimum. They have inhumane and unhealthy living conditions that are admitted by te prison itself! They have already closed the chow hall due to BLACK MOLD!!!!!!!! It is creeping into all areas of the yard and it is rumored that they are to be moving/transfered...if so then why woould they keep transfering more inmates to that yard??? BLACK MOLD is very dangerous it has or can attack
the respitory system and even kill!! The living conditions have much to improve upon; tent quarters..styrofoam trays for food due to the BLACK MOLD...5 showers and toilets for 200 inmates...no blankets...I could go on...but you get the picture. If you have any ideas, information, or links to help PLEASE send them. I can't stand the fact that my man has gone down a security level and has inhumane and potentially harmful, health conditions.
WHAT HAPPENED TO INMATE RIGHTS AND HOW ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS ???? Angry and frustrated in Arizona
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

I am sorry that I am so late getting to this thread. Let me do some checking and see what I can come up with for help there. You would think that a health department of some sort could step in and get things done. It's amazing what some bleach would do as far as a cleaning product.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Default ASPC Tucson-Echo Unit

I was just talking to the C.O. at visitation last week & he told me that they are moving all the Echo unit inmates off that yard & they are bull dozing it completely because of the mold problems. He said they are going to rebuild a bunch of new buildings on that yard & it will house 1000 inmates when it's finished. He said it was in the works right now........I sure hope they get those inmates off that yard quickly. It'll probably take some time for them to rebuild & I don't know what they're going to do with the current inmates, probably move them to a level 3 yard somewhere.

You are very right that is inhumane ! Atleast they ARE doing something about it now.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:01 PM

I understand some of the same issues were going on at Tucson-Santa Rita due to mold, according to a fellow with whom I correspond.