Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 08:44 PM

Default What Or Who On Black Mold?

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM!! I WENT TO SEE ANTHONY YESTERDAY AND HE TELLS ME THEY FINALLY GAVE HIM A JOB. I THINK GREAT , THINGS SEEM TO BE MOVING RIGHT ALONG FOR HIM. WELL, NOT EXACTLY!! HE CONTINUES ON TELLING ME ABOUT THIS NEW JOB, THE MORE HE TELLS ME THE MORE I GET PISSED!!! THIS NEW JOB CONSIST OF HIM GOING TO ONE OF THE SEG. WINGS TO CLEAN IT, TOP TO BOTTOM, EVERYTHING EXCEPT INSIDE THIER CELLS. MIND YOU, ANTHONY DOES NOT MIND WORKING HARD, HE'S DONE IT ALL HIS LIFE, BUT THE CONDITIONS IN WHICH HE IS BEING PLACED, IN BOTH OF OUR OPINIONS, IS A HEALTH HAZARD!!!! HE SAID IT LOOKS LIKE BLACK MOLD!! IT WAS SO BAD AND SO THICK THEY WERE HAVING TO USE A BLOWER IN ORDER TO GET IT LIFTED OFF THE STEEL AND CONCRETE. IN CORNERS THEY WERE HAVING TO SCRAP IT OUT, IT WAS SO THICK AND CONDENSED. ANTHONY REALLY DID NOT THINK ANYTHING OF IT AT THE TIME, NOT UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. WHEN HE WOKE UP WITH A SEVERE SORE THROAT, A FEVER AND HIS SKIN WAS LOOKING A BIT SPLOUCHEY AND RED. WHEN I FIRST ARRIVED I NOTICED HIS FACE LOOKED AS IF THERE WERE SMALL BRUISES, I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING, I FIGURED IF HE HAD GOTTEN INTO A FIGHT HE WOULD TELL ME SOON ENOUGH. FOUND OUT LATER WHEN I FINALLY ASKED BECAUSE OF WHAT HE WAS TELLING ME, THAT NO, HE HAD NOT GOTTEN INTO A FIGHT, THATS WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT HIS FACE LOOKED BRUISED, SMALL BRUISES , ALL OVER HIS FACE!! I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS PROVIDED ANY GEAR TO DO THAT KIND OF CLEANING. HE SAID ALL THEY GAVE THEM WAS A PAIR OF GLOVES TO CLEAN WITH. I ASK HIM IF HE HAD BEEN TO THE DOC THERE; IF SO WHAT DID THEY SAY. HE SAID HE CAN'T GO TO THE DOCTOR, IF HE DOES AND THEY FIND ANY THING, THEY WILL PULL HIM FROM BOOTCAMP AND PLACE HIM IN SEG. IF THAT WERE TO HAPPEN HE IS AFRAID HE'D SPEND THE REST OF HIS TIME IN SEG. OR WHEN RELEASED FROM SEG. HE'LL BE PLACED BACK INTO THE MAIN UNIT, BACK INTO POPULATION. IF THAT HAPPENS HE'LL HAVE TO GO THRU ALL OF THAT CRAP IT TOOK THE FIRST TIME TO GET BACK TO WHERE HE'S AT NOW , BOOTCAMP!! FIRST I CANNOT BELEIVE THEY PUT HIM IN THAT KIND OF ENVIROMENT WITH ONLY A PAIR OF FRIGGIN GLOVES IN WHICH TO PROTECT HIMSELF!! HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROVIDED A SLICKER AND A FACE MASK OF SOME SORT!! IF THAT IS BLACK MOLD WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT IT, YOU KNOW THEY KNOW!! WHAT ABOUT THE GUYS THAT ARE ON THAT WING INHALING THAT CRAP? APPARENTLY SOME KIND OF BRASS IS COMING TO THE COFFIELD UNIT THIS WEEK TO DO A MAJOR INSPECTION. ANTHONY SAID SOME GUY THERE TOLD HIM THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN TO SEG. TO CLEAN IN AT LEAST A YEAR, MAYBE LONGER!! HE ALSO SAID THAT IT DIDN'T LOOK TOO MUCH BETTER WHEN THEY FINISHED, NOT THAT THEY DID NOT BUST ASS, SAID THERE WAS ONLY SO MUCH THEY COULD DO. THEY ARE NOT THE CLEANING GODS!! SO WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS: WHO CAN I CONTACT WITHOUT BRINGING TO MUCH ATTENTION TO MY ANTHONY OR THE OTHER GUYS. NO SENSE MAKING THEM HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF THE UNITS NEGLECT OF HEALTH ISSUES!!! ALSO IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON WHO THE BRASS IS THATS COMING THIS WEEK TO DO THE INSPECTION, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. I'M SURE THOSE GUYS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHATS REALLY GOING ON, AND I SURE WOULDN'T MIND TELLING THEM!! PLEASE ANY INFORMATION WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!!! ANYONE CAN SEND INFO. TO MY EMAIL, WHICH IS LUNA3@EMAIL.COM THANKS SO SO MUCH!!!!***SADIE***
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2003, 09:09 PM

Let me give you the web addres for the Indoor Air Quality Board of TEXAS.............www.tdh.state.tx.us/beh/iaq/default.htm

Get online.......research then place a call. Speak with Micky.........she will do her best to get you as much information as possible. Hope this helps
Old 04-03-2003, 03:18 PM

You should go onto the CDC website and read up on blackmold. This is so scarry. I do know it effects some and not others.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:47 PM

I agree - find out as much as you can. You don't want to screw around with mold. They're tearing down the old Salinas County Jail here because of it. If I recall correctly, a few years ago, the mold was so bad that they were keeping prisoners in their buses when they were waiting for their court appearance just because they didn't want to expose them to the mold.

Hope all goes well.
Closed Thread