Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:59 PM

Thanked 1,356 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand87 View Post
Hello everyone my husband is currently in reception at wsp and has been in reception for 6 months now and still have no clue whatís going on with his transfer. My husband has only spoke to his counselor once or twice the last time he spoke to him about a month ago maybe more his counselor told my husband that he was maybe going to go to a fire camp but thatís all he told him. Itís so freakn fusterating I have called his counselor to see if he can maybe give me some sorta info but his counselor is really rude.does anyone know if they transfer inmates during the holiday or maybe that can be the reason why my hubby hasnít got transferred due to the holidays. Thanks in advance
Holidays can slow things down, substitute guards and counselors filling in for each other's position as they go on vacation. Sorry to hear about the rude counselor, it's not right, some are that way, but not all. Firecamp placement might be slowing it down, perhaps less space and beds available then in GP. Firecamp is good for him, worth the wait if he gets there.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (12-17-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Love my hubby david💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Holidays can slow things down, substitute guards and counselors filling in for each other's position as they go on vacation. Sorry to hear about the rude counselor, it's not right, some are that way, but not all. Firecamp placement might be slowing it down, perhaps less space and beds available then in GP. Firecamp is good for him, worth the wait if he gets there.
Thanks itís just so frustrating just want to go on to the next step so that my hubby can just do his time and come home thanks again
Old 12-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hello everyone my husband is currently in reception at wsp and has been in reception for 6 months now and still have no clue whatís going on with his transfer. My husband has only spoke to his counselor once or twice the last time he spoke to him about a month ago maybe more his counselor told my husband that he was maybe going to go to a fire camp but thatís all he told him. Itís so freakn fusterating I have called his counselor to see if he can maybe give me some sorta info but his counselor is really rude.does anyone know if they transfer inmates during the holiday or maybe that can be the reason why my hubby hasnít got transferred due to the holidays. Thanks in advance
If he's seen the counselor, then they are probably waiting for a bed to open up at the security level he's been placed at. It took a while for my son to get placement after he was seen. I think they are over-crowded again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo527 For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Love my hubby david💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo527 View Post
If he's seen the counselor, then they are probably waiting for a bed to open up at the security level he's been placed at. It took a while for my son to get placement after he was seen. I think they are over-crowded again.
Thanks for the info.thats what Iíve been told as well that the prisons are over crowded.sorry to ask but how long did it take your son to get transferred out?
Old 12-17-2018, 11:16 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Thanks for the info.thats what Iíve been told as well that the prisons are over crowded.sorry to ask but how long did it take your son to get transferred out?
Almost 2 months!
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo527 For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 07:05 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,233 Times in 14,698 Posts

Being in reception that long is very frustrating. (my hub was as well....13 months) tho its not the usual time frame. Back then they didnt get ANY phone calls. Sucked big time.

Calling does nothing. Dont even bother. (sorry but its true)
He can try to 602 it, but I dont even know if that will move things along either.
Hopefully soon he will know where he's going.
Fire camp would be a plus.

Im sorry its taking so long. Very hard to deal with the uncertainty.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 10:42 PM
Love my hubby david💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo527 View Post
Almost 2 months!
Wow 2 months is a long time 😩I hope my hubby is mainlined soon My boys and I are ready to have face to face visits thanks for the info.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:47 PM
Love my hubby david💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Being in reception that long is very frustrating. (my hub was as well....13 months) tho its not the usual time frame. Back then they didnt get ANY phone calls. Sucked big time.

Calling does nothing. Dont even bother. (sorry but its true)
He can try to 602 it, but I dont even know if that will move things along either.
Hopefully soon he will know where he's going.
Fire camp would be a plus.

Im sorry its taking so long. Very hard to deal with the uncertainty.
13 months is quite a while 😩 sometimes I feel like maybe they forgot about him hopefully after the holidays he can get transferred. And by the way what does 602 mean? And yes Iím hoping heís sent to firecamp I heard thatís a plus but heís a level 2 not sure if heís eligible for it .
Old 12-19-2018, 07:13 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,233 Times in 14,698 Posts

My hub didnt qualify as his charge was a sex offense
He may have even tho he was a level 2 as well but due to the charges, he couldnt.

602 is a form within the prison. Its sort of a complaint form. (for lack of a better word)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Love my hubby david💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
My hub didnt qualify as his charge was a sex offense
He may have even tho he was a level 2 as well but due to the charges, he couldnt.

602 is a form within the prison. Its sort of a complaint form. (for lack of a better word)
Oh ok thanks for the info 🙏🏼
Old 12-24-2018, 11:04 AM
Love my hubby david💙

Visited my hubby and told me he’s now been endorsed but I don’t quit know what that means can someone let he know what that means? thanks in advance ��
Old 12-24-2018, 12:11 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
Visited my hubby and told me heís now been endorsed but I donít quit know what that means can someone let he know what that means? thanks in advance ��
Endorsing means they've chosen ("endorsed him for") one or two options (prisons) for where he'll be going after his reception. Transfer will take place once a bed becomes open at the facility he's been endorsed for.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:00 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Visited my hubby and told me heís now been endorsed but I donít quit know what that means can someone let he know what that means? thanks in advance ��
I think it means that he's seen the counselor and been assigned a security level.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Love my hubby david💙

My hubby is finely getting transferred today I’m so happy that we finely get to move on.and finely do the remaining time so he can come home ❤️Thanks everyone for the info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sand87 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (12-27-2018), sidewalker (12-30-2018)