Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-28-2004, 03:58 PM

Default If no one minds I was wondering what your loved one is in for and how much time

I saw this forum in the husbands\boyfriends forum but I'd like to know what your loved one has done, how much was his sentence, how much time will they have to spend, and where their at if no one minds. Just being curious because to get an idea on my husband. On the other forem its people all around the us and I'd like to see what's up in maryland. My husband is now out on a psi for a 2nd degree assualt and has to go to court in about a month for sentencing. It wouldn't be that bad if his court was in baltimore where we live but we gotta go up oc and their more hard on people.
Thank you for everyones responses.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Donation Award 

They always play harder on "out of towners" it seems! But then...thats where the money comes in from!

We are with the feds...so its not a "state" thing.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:18 AM
jokers wild

My fiance is locked up for armed robbery and armed carjacking. He has not been to court yet. He being housed at Supermax because the feds picked him up.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:52 PM

My boyfriend is in for a fake check (theft under $500) and uttering false documents. The uttering false documents charge was dismissed and he got sentenced 1 year for the check. He was arrested in May and would be coming home in December but he also violated his probation. So in December he will be sent to another jail for the violation and will be home no later than next November.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:19 AM
the bosses wife

My bf's in for wreckless endangerment,got sentenced to 4yrs,will be out in 6months (woo hoo,lol) he's in central laundry facility now..hopefully he'll be coming back down here to southern maryland pre release..the trips will be ALOT shorter.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

Which time? Mine is back in again, on a parole retake,but had new charges before getting picked up.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:38 PM

My baby is for assault with intent to mame and has been in since he was 17 years old and he is now 30, I just got in touch with him again 3 years ago and he has about 18 months left. I have known him since he was 15. Right now we are going through a rough period because he just got his visits taking for
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 PM
waiting for my honey

mine is in for robbery and assault and he is in for 10 years has 3 left
Old 07-28-2007, 11:58 AM

my husband is in for attemped murder and armed robbery he has 2 15yr. sentences run concurrent. he's been in since he was 17 he's done 10 of his 15 he will be home this fall on house arrest.
YOURS FOREVER
BABYGIRL-51072
Old 07-29-2007, 08:49 AM

MY HUSBAND IS LOCKED UP FOR MURDER 55 YEARS HE HAS BEEN IN SINCE 1990 HE WAS ONLY 15 SO HE'S BEEN LOCKED UP FOR 15 LONG YEARS. SO HE WILL BE UP FOR PAROLE SO WE WILL SEE.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

Mine got 25 no parole. But we are confident that we will be giving that time back to the state.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:10 PM

my boyfriend is locked up doing 20 yrs. for murder 2
Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 PM

Just a question? How did you all manage for him to be home on house arrest soon? I am looking for a good lawyer to take my husbands case. He has been in when he was 15 1/2 years old, charged as an adult. When they booked him, they didn't notify the family for at least 72 hours. We didn't know where he was until we called him in as a run away and that's how we found out they arrested him. They apparently came to the house to get him on a search warrant but his Mom and Dad was at work. So anyway, he is in for 1st degree rape and use of handgun charge in the event. He was given 30 for the rape charge and 5 years for the handgun charge (Concurrent). When he got sentenced in 1996, he fell under the 50% time serving law. I am trying to get him hom. He has 7 years of good time towards the back of his sentence. They said that he had to do at least 17 1/2 more before he is eligible for parole, which I am sure they won't give it to him when he goes in 5 1/2 more years. He would have served 12 years in February 2008. This has been his life and he lost his mother while in there and was not able to see her for the last time before she took really sick. His grandmother is really sick now and she barely remembers anyone. Can you help me with a good lawyer, because we are trying to get a reconsideration on his sentence. He has done enough time, I think. And a DNA hasn't even been done for his case. They just threw the case in archives and put him away. I need help. Can someone please help with this??????? (email removed as per PTO Policy)
Old 08-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Mine is in for distribution. He received a twenty year sentence and 20000 restitution. Thankfully they dropped the restitution at appeals. He has been in for 7 1/2 and was just moved to MTC. He is supposed to be home by next summer, but you know how that is!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:46 PM

mines was locked for beating a guy up in a mall, so he was sentenced for two years only did 9 months and he's out now thank god

he was in jessup bootcamp
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM

My Husband is in for atm, assault, reckless endangerment and use of handgun in the comission of felony. He has 5 yrs and is in MTC has been in since may 2006.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM

My husband has been in and out of the system for the past 17 years. He's been in for 2 years serving a mandatory 10 for distribution with a release date of 2016.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
RIP James Conely

Mine is still at the detention center, facing 266 years ranging from cons burglary.... blah he has a crap load of charges. I miss him!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Wife and Mother

Default What My Husband Is In For

Hi Jameswife,

My husband is at the Baltimore County Detention Center in Towson. In April he was convicted of child abuse. His sentence is 18 months. Its totally bogus. His ex-wife and his ex-step daughter lied. I think it was all a ploy to get custody of their two children and get child support. Our legal system is pretty sad. He had a female judge and his ex-wife's State's Attorney was also a female. My husband can't even get work release because of his crime but murderer's can. I gave birth to our daughter June 18th while my husband was incarcerated. He has seen her but hasn't been able to hold her yet. Towson doesn't allow contact visits. He will be home in March 2008, so he will have only served 11 months. We are all doing fine but I can't wait until he comes home. I think this whole thing has actually strengthened our marriage. Its weird but God is good!

Psalm 41:2 The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; He will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:11 AM
loving my inmate David G.

mine is in for 2nd degree burglary.he got 6 years. i don't even consider it burglary if he didn't get anything. he was there to get his friend out. he has had so many mess ups with his case we think he may have them when he goes up for his appeal. he had a cop that changed his story 4 times - under oath at that. so hopefully he will get out when it goes up for appeal.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:01 PM
miss my husband

mine in on a 20 year senteced does not get parloed till 2016 guess we be getting married while he in prison
Old 11-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Mine got 15 yrs for 2nd degree burglary. His friend got 6 yrs. He says he can give most of that back. It was a stupid mistake he choose 2 do and now he has 2 b away from me AGAIN!!!!!! he was only out 4 2 1/2 months and now he is back in the same system he said he never wanted 2 b in again. I deal with it as best I can. He has his appeal coming in Oct. 2008, so we will c what happens as 2 if I have 2 wait 15 yrs or only 3 yrs.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:17 AM

My husband is in for a murder that he did not commit, he has done 16.5 years on a 33 year sentence. It was clearly a mistaken identity. I know that it is a myth that everybody is innocent in prison, but he truly is.

We are trying to get him paroled or something, because sentence reduction, modification of sentence all of that kind of stuff you need a hefty bank roll to get an attorney that will even look at those kind of cases.

MFBD
Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Sweet Jesus !!!!

My sister got 15 yrs for second degree murder but was overturned by appeal retried and now ACQUITTED !!!
Praise God
Old 12-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

My husband got 25 years for a Robbery and Theft he did NOT commit, and an Assault that NEVER OCCURRED.

The guy who actually did the crimes, and it was established that he did them in court got 2 years suspended sentence despite a previous Robbery.

How nice...

Define Normal? Normal is what you know.