Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 PM

Thanks ladies!
Im SO peeved right now because MCIJ has been on lockdown all day. Jeb doesn't even know I had the baby. They told me to call tomorrow and talk to the chaplain. NOOOooo..... I want to talk to the father of my newborn kid dumb dumbs.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 11:06 AM

OMG!!!!! Okay, how annoying! I'm peeved for you and for Jeb - I hope you've been able to talk to him already!!!!! He has like an awesome piece of news waiting for him and I know he's going to be soooo excited! You need to get some pictures in the mail ASAP so he can show off his little guy! Dress him in some cute little "I <3 Daddy" onesie. : )

I can't believe you already had the baby AND you're already posting. haha. That was quick girl! How are you making out? I hope you have enough help and are able to get some rest and stuff. Newborn babies usually kind of freak me out because they're so small and they don't really communicate. Give me a nice, fat, durable 10 month old baby anytime! lol.

This is such awesome news for you guys...I think it's such a blessing! Congrats again!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

Awwww....Congratulations :-)
When are you going to bring him to visit Big Jeb... I can't wait to see him :-)

Define Normal? Normal is what you know.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:07 PM
It's us against the world

Jeb - How are you & baby jeb are doing? I hope everything is good with your. I hope that you got a chance to talk to jeb and let him know that you had the baby.

Congrats again and get some rest.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:17 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Congrats to the both of you!!!!!!!!

~FOREVER AND ALWAYS I WILL BE HIS~
Old 10-12-2009, 08:58 AM

Hi ladies!
I got to talk to Jeb the next morning. As for me and baby (J) we are home happy and healthy. Im TIRED!! We went up to see Jeb on Friday and Saturday and it went great! Thanks for all your kind words and positivity!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
FOREVER HIS LADY

AWWWWWWWW!!!! I am so glad that you guys are doing well.
Well ladies fall is here. I am not looking forward to winter and that drive into the mountains. I hope that all you are good. I was in the hosptial for 4 days and my poor baby was freaking out. It was so great that I got to talk to him or he would have been a basket case. New phone system seems to be good and we are using the calling cards so right now all is well.

Hope everyone is doing great

Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Hi ladies! Just popping in real quick to check up on everyone! I'm hoping that the weather lets up for all of you who are visiting this weekend so you won't have to stand in the rain/cold, especially jebsgirl with her new little guy!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:19 PM

Thanks NDJ! Little guy is doing great! Eating, sleeping, pooping as expected lol
Im SO happy bc they called Jeb to towson to serve him his warrant for violation of probation, and as soon as he got there, they told hom a had a court date.....in 20 minutes! WTF?! Anyway, the judge, PD, and SA were so thrown off by the quicky court date, they threw it out!! Phew! No he can get a 10 day job. Its just the good news we needed!
How are you ladies??
I feel like I havent heard from you all in a while

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 10-16-2009, 04:22 PM

Hey ladies! I just got back from a vacation and it was just what the doctor ordered...minus all the rain! haha. Hope everyone is doing well!

Things are going okay here - my man is kind of stuck in a holding pattern with his home detention request, apparently the request is still sitting on the warden's desk or something. haha. It hasn't moved much yet, but hopefully he's home before the holidays. : ) It seems like time is going slower for both of us now that we're waiting for something! haha.

Jeffs - I think that's the first time I've heard that someone likes the new phone system! haha. It hasn't bothered me one way or the other, but I've seen quite a few complaints about it. I'm glad it's working out for you! Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital, but I'm glad you're home - you must be doing better! : )

Jebs - Well, that sounds like the beginning of some good luck for Jeb AKA: The Daddy! One question though...what's a 10 day job?

Hope you all have a great weekend, and I'm right there with NDJ...I hope the weather clears up!!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:39 PM

Its my own wording and lack of knowing a better term. 10 days off a month by working as opposed to what he has been working so far, a job that only deducts 5 days off a month. Work credits basically.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 10-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Big Daddy's Wife

Glad you and baby were able to go, and that you guys are fine.

My hubby got a good job there early in his bid. Thank god for that.

Cannot believe how cold it has gotten. Yesterday, I broke down and turned on the heat. Too cold for me.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Big Daddy's Wife

Was that you guys sitting in the front of the VR with the newborn? I wasnt totally positive if it was you guys and I didnt want to interrupt anyone's visit especially since there was a baby and only 60 minutes for a visit!! Those minutes all count.

If it was you guys, I could not get over what a good head of hair the little one has.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:07 PM

Doc: Yup that was us! Yes its true, he's gonna have hair like his daddy... thick and wavy!

Had a great visit in this nasty weather.
Getting better at lightening fast diaper changing in the car.
Hope my PTO family is doing well!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 10-18-2009, 01:00 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hey all!!!
Chick- the phone system is great now that we have vontage and are paying .50 instead of 11.55 a call. There was a problem at first because he needed his social security number so his Mom tracked it down.Whew. I actually got to talk to him when I was in the hospital which eased his mind. I am doing good.
Jebs- glad that you guys are doing well!!!!!! I bet ur so tired.
Docsux- I am with you the heat is on here too!!!

Well some things are happening right now. Jeff has his classification hearing coming up this month. If his status changes then he can maybe come back to Jessup and I get to kiss him again instead of just a hug and kiss on the cheek like now grrrrrrr!!!! No lawyers are allowed at this which sucks. Also it means a 25 minute drive instead of a 3 hour drive. My life would be so much better and so was his. He was at Jessup for 13 years knew everyone then poof they decide to move all the lifers to western maryland, some how this all seems so unfair. The other thing is his lawyer is putting in for a sentence reduction. We will see what happens.

I got to see him Saturday and Sunday and was so happy except I miss him like crazy. Hope all of you guys are doing well.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Big Daddy's Wife

Jebsgirl: He is soooo cute, glad I finally got a better look. That little face is so adorable, he is really going to break hearts someday!! That was me and my hubby sitting right next to you guys..LOL!!

Jeffsbaby: The heat is on, so is the electric blanket. I hope your man gets moved closer to you, it sucks when they are far away...BTDT!!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 AM

I'm so late....congrats Jeb!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsfoote For This Useful Post:
JebsGirl83 (10-19-2009)
Old 10-19-2009, 07:03 PM

Jeffs- I hope everything works out with his remod hearing, it would be awesome if he was closer. Youll be in my prayers! Ps. SOooo tired!!! but happy.

Hope you ladies are doing well!
I dont have much to report except we're doing as well as can be expected I guess! Hopefully Jeb will see his new case manager soon and get to have a job. Theyre pulling that 30 business days crappola with him. Argh. Its really annoying that alot of guys arent willing to work and he is practically begging for a job and its taking this long. Let go and let god let go and let god....lol!
I tell ya, being a inmates girlfriend and a control freak is really not working out too well!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hi all-

Jebs- they did that 30 day crap to Jeff too about a job. He actually finally saw his case manager like 3 months after he got moved up there. He does have a job now. I hope things work out for him. I am a control freak as well so yeah him being there does not work out well for me either! Thank you for your prayers.

Docsux- I have added hot chocloate to the mix! Its so cold and freezing up in the mountains!

Ok ladies bear with me. I know that I saw him this weekend, I left the jail at 11:30 and he was suppose to call and did not. No call today either. The jail is not locked down and I am freaking out. He always calls me!!!!! I am worried sick. i called up there and they told me he did not get in any trouble. They said that if something ws really wrong they would have called me YEAH RIGHT. He was really sick a few years ago and did not call his parents. When his Mom called there to see why she did not get a phone call they said he is a grown man. WHAT?????? He also has a family who loves him, it's not like we can pick up the phone and call him. The other great part is when I called they said maybe the tier was locked down but, they have no way of knowing that HUH????? You don't know what is happening in your prison. Yeah now I feel great that you are watching out for my man. It is always something my nerves are shot!!!!!! If I don't hear from him by tomm. afternoon I am calling his case manager. I hope that he is ok. It will be a mircale if I can sleep tonight. I am sick of this DOC nightmare!!!!!! Ladies I know what I am talking about.

Hope all is well and u guys are in my prayers!!!!! We need to stick together.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

Long ago, on the last bid, I was the same way. I was younger, newer to the system, and of course impatient as all heck.

I finally adapted two credos when dealing with the DOC, and its served me well.

1. Its "their world" and we just happen to live in it. When you get into that mindset, you will find that things might start to rolloff alittle easier. You can add temporarily to the end of that sentence if it helps too :-)

With number #1 in mind,

2. When dealing with the DOC, pick your battles carefully.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 PM

Hi ladies!!!

Sounds like everyone is having a great time. What a long, strange journey we're on!

Things are okay here - pretty much the same old stuff, different day! It's hard to believe we're almost at the end of October already, but at least we're all one day closer to being with our loved one. : ) My man is eagerly awaiting the outcome of his request for home detention - apparently the paperwork was finally sent to the Home Detention Unit last week, so he's calling me like every day to see if I have any "good news" for him. I'm kind of nervous about this thing - what if they don't approve our place?!? He'll be crushed. Does anyone know what kind of criteria the place/person has to meet? I don't have a criminal record, I live in a decent area, no drugs or weapons around...although there might be a bottle of amaretto under the sink somewhere, but that can easily be dumped if necessary. I'm afraid he's getting his hopes up and he'll be let down - I keep reminding him that it might not work out how he's planned, and he keeps telling me that I need to stay positive about it and not "jinx" it. I've never seen him be so positive and upbeat before and it's really really awesome - but you all know how the DOC is!!

Jeffs - I hope you've heard from your guy by now! If not, try not to panic...imagining the worst case scenario is never good...we should blame it on those damn new phones until we know otherwise! : )

DOC - Thanks for the pearls of wisdom!

Jebs - It took my man like a month or two to get a job once he got settled into his new place, but it eventually happened. You should expect by now that everything moves at a snail's pace when you're dealing with DOC...unless they get in trouble! haha. Whenever our men ask for something, it takes forever - but if you sneak an extra kiss in the visiting room...they are all over it immediately!

Hope you all are managing to stay warm, and any advice/feedback regarding the Home Detention situation is greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:31 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hey Ladies-
Ok found out that his tier is on lockdown Just his tier.grrrrrrrrr. But he is fine I bet going crazy but, fine thanks u god.

Chick- Sounds like you have everything in order. I asked my bro about this because he was on house arrest. They check for criminal records and if it is a "stable" place. Whatever that means? My bro was allowed to come home and sounds like you will be fine! I agree stay positive it will work out. You are in my prayers, I hope they approve him.

Doc- Thanks! I have gotten into the mindset that he might be mine and DOC is borrowing him but, at the end of the day there is really not much I can do! I hate it tho.

I am lucky because I have some of our phone conversations recorded so I am able to hear his voice and trust me it helps so much!!!!! I am staying warm and still recovering from the hospital stay. Hope u guys are great!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 AM

Good morning ladies. I have not checked in for a while. My man got his visits back in mid Sept so I have been busy visiting him twice a week since then. It has been sooooo awesome and I have so many new pictures of us

He is doing well. We finally have a release date. He was trying to keep it a secret because he wanted to be able to surprise me and see the look on my face! I was okay with that since I knew the timeframe anyway ( beginning of January) I woulod jokingly try to get the date out of him but knew how important it was to him to be able to see the look on my face when I saw him uptown for the first time.

Well he buckled and blerted it out last week! It is Jan 13 so I have a countdown now! AHHHHHH! Today is 84 days and counting! I am so excited that we are finally at less than 90 days. It is all I can think about.

I hope everyone else is doing good. I see Jebsgirl had the baby. Congrats! That is so awesome. I cant believe it is almost Halloween. I am excited for the holidays but I really just want them to get over with so my man will be home!

Have a great day ladies
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahlovesmike For This Useful Post:
DOCSux1 (10-22-2009)
Old 10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

Its always exciting when there is a countdown...That is great...
My day started pretty awful. One of our cats passed away during the night and I discovered the AM. Now I have to tell hubby.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Sarah congrats girl!!!!!!!! That is so awesome.

Doc- I am so sorry about your cat. I know it's so hard to lose a pet they are like kids! I am sorry.

Well his tier is off of lockdown and I talked to him for a hour tonight. I am doing good. Ok saturday hurry up and get here so I can see him!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing great

Closed Thread