Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Red face Fall Check-in!

What's going on ladies?! It's been quiet around these parts. Are you enjoying the cooler weather?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJsGirl View Post
What's going on ladies?! It's been quiet around these parts. Are you enjoying the cooler weather?

I am enjoying the weather. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I've been following the posts about all the movement going on in the system. My man is at MCTC and I'm hoping he gets to come home early. Since he's due to be released next year maybe they will move his date up a few months.

I'm happy they are letting some of our men go....let's keep hope alive for the others
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 AM

Happy September ladies!
I too am happy about the last couple of cooler days.
Ive had a really terrible past couple of days. My aunt died and Jeb has been the complete opposite of supportive, he's been horrible. We're working on it though I guess.
Hope your men and cars are behaving!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Default My MD girlies!!

Hey ladies!!Sorry to hear about your passing.Yeah what is going on with this whole inmate thing??Anyone know the criteria??Steven's been down since October and isnt up for parole til next year.We shall see.Still havent heard from him.I called down WCI and spoke to a woman incharge of communications.If he did as i said last week and requested his phone list,i should be hearing something!Hope all of you are alright,i know im new at this and it's hard from day to day.Were all very strong and if you dont hear it enough,i give us all alot of credit!!! Take care =]
Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM

Hey everyone!

Things have been about the same here - nothing much new to report. I hate being a "Negative Nelly", but I think I'm stuck in one of those "when it rains, it pours" type of scenarios. Not only is my man locked up and living on the edge because he was promised a ticket over a week ago and still hasn't received anything, I'm STILL having car troubles which I just found out yesterday is going to cost like $1,000 just for the PART to fix it - nevermind the labor and whatnot. So, I'm deciding if it's worth it to fix it or just get another car...in the meantime, I'm paying out the you-know-what every day for a rental. I'm STILL sickly - I don't know what's going on with that. I had a sinus infection, got antibiotics, that cleared up and now I have a sore throat and some other stuff going on. I'm debating about going back to the doctor, who is telling me that he's concerned because my blood pressure is "a little higher than normal". I have a high dollar side project going on that has become a complete disaster that I have to fight with my county on just about every single day. Ugh, I'm just overwhelmed and I feel like crawling under the covers and not coming out until all of this is over! haha.

I keep trying to remember the positive stuff, but it's getting harder and harder to find positive things right now! I'm hanging in there though - still managing to get through work every day and still in love with my inmate...even though I keep thinking that things would be so much better if he was home!

I know it'll all be fine, I figure something's gotta give sometime! : )
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 PM
BJ's ride or die chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickfromMD View Post
Hey everyone!

Things have been about the same here - nothing much new to report. I hate being a "Negative Nelly", but I think I'm stuck in one of those "when it rains, it pours" type of scenarios. Not only is my man locked up and living on the edge because he was promised a ticket over a week ago and still hasn't received anything, I'm STILL having car troubles which I just found out yesterday is going to cost like $1,000 just for the PART to fix it - nevermind the labor and whatnot. So, I'm deciding if it's worth it to fix it or just get another car...in the meantime, I'm paying out the you-know-what every day for a rental. I'm STILL sickly - I don't know what's going on with that. I had a sinus infection, got antibiotics, that cleared up and now I have a sore throat and some other stuff going on. I'm debating about going back to the doctor, who is telling me that he's concerned because my blood pressure is "a little higher than normal". I have a high dollar side project going on that has become a complete disaster that I have to fight with my county on just about every single day. Ugh, I'm just overwhelmed and I feel like crawling under the covers and not coming out until all of this is over! haha.

I keep trying to remember the positive stuff, but it's getting harder and harder to find positive things right now! I'm hanging in there though - still managing to get through work every day and still in love with my inmate...even though I keep thinking that things would be so much better if he was home!

I know it'll all be fine, I figure something's gotta give sometime! : )
Trust me i understand fully what it is ur going thou. i was having car troubles a few wks ago and was renting a car that was more then my car payment. i have to take care of the kids, work, take care of fam and other bizzness and still take care of hubby and what ever he needs. i have lost a lot of friends sense we got married in july. my friends think im puting a man before them. hes not just a man but my husband. er'one wants to knw why marry a man in prison. is it really any of there bizzness? its hard coming home alone but i knw he loves me and my children. i do wish he knew how hard it is on the out side trying to take care of a fam and a husband in jail.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 PM

Chick- Im sorry your having so much trouble. When it rains it pours is SO dead on for me too. Hopefully you get your troubles cleared up!
I thought Id leave a favorite quote of mine-
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up, and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait, and watch, and work; you don't give up."
- Anne Lamott
Soldier on ladies.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm his ride or die

Wow sounds like a lot of us have been goin through it. My prayers go out to everyone. I try to remember that the struggles we go through as a couple are the glue that bonds us. Without them we wouldnt be as strong as we are.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:03 PM

Hey Everyone...yup, it's been an overwhelming few weeks here to. Car issues are now fixed, my son is home from the hospital, my daughter got off house arrest yesturday, tommorrow I go to court with the X for the millionth time, but now my inmate is closer to home and I got to see him. Last weekend it all took it's toll and my blood pressure was dropping..that's what happens to me when I'm stressed and over whelmed. I was lightheaded and dizzy and probably a little dehydrated cause I don't sleep, eat or drink enough water.
To try to work threw it all I exercise, pray, meditate and work...it really is work and disaplin to get threw it. I have come to accept the fact that life is about the calm and good times and feeling connected to times of disconnection and turbulance. Accepting that fact and knowing that times like this always have been around for me and will continue to happen, keeps me grounded in disiplining myself to accepting them and doing basic stuff..praying, meditating and taking care of "me". I treat myselve the same as if I had the flu!!!
Hang in there everyone..this to shall pass with the love, support and encouragment from each other.
Cars will break, husbands will miss behave, children will rebel..the list goes on and on! Vent and do whatever it takes not to react. I know for me..I don't look good when I step outta charactor..it causes me to mess $hit up big time!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:47 PM

hey everyone!! Checking in for September, everyone has been real quiet round here. Well for us, I am a little more aggravasted. next friday is his violation of probation hearing and we are hoping for time served- that is what his po says he is recommendin but I just found out that for his parole violation we are waiting for the parole commissioner to make it out to JCI to have hisw hearing, They are recommending that his parole is closed out since it expired in August but have to wait for them to go out there to do it. This whole thing is the most aggravating part of it all. If all go's well he should be home some time this month I just wish I knew for sure and some sort of date for it all. At lease next Friday we should have the probation part over with- that is the one that had the most back up time. sorry it is so long, I am just so aggravated with this whole damn system.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM

I hope you get some answers soon dmiz! I know ho frustrating it is to not know what the end date will be. ((hugs))

Chick - I'm sorry you're dealing with crap. I hope the car situation is worked out soon so you can focus on your man!

Things are going well here, except some school troubles for our (his) 10 year old. We're meeting with his teacher tonight and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of his issues. Hope everyone is has a great start to their weekend tomorrow!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:35 PM

Hey everyone- Checking in for the night. Hope everything goes well with the kid NDJ.
DMIZ- still praying for you lady! Keep your chin up!
Im tired! I havent got much sleep these past few days- only a "pass out nap" on the couch in between calls from the man. Haha, I cant WAIT to push this kid out. Very pleased with the cooler weather though. A+ mother nature!
Goodnight ladies.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 09-03-2009, 06:47 PM

Jebs- hope you get some rest.
NDJ- at least he is home to help you now lol
thanks everyone for your support, I hope we have all this resolved and he is home sometime in September.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:47 PM

DMIZ- thanks
Hey everyone, happy friday! I see my better half tomorrow and as always, Im pretty excited.
Anyone doing anything different or fun this weekend?

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 09-04-2009, 08:08 PM

Just working this weekend and going to see my baby after work tomorrow!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:32 PM

Hey Ladies! How's everyone??

As for me, I'm still stuck in my "when it rains, it pours" kinda rut...but good stuff is happening to people I care about, so I guess that's something! : )

My cousin (who is my best friend and like my sister) finally had her baby today. They started inducing her at like 7pm last night and she finally had the baby at 11:30am today. It was a long night in the hospital, but she did great and had very little pain. She wasn't dilating very quickly and was stuck at 3cm forever...but when it happened, it happened pretty quick and it only took 5 pushes! She's healthy, 6 lbs 11oz, and (of course!) totally beautiful with a gorgeous complexion.

While my cousin was sleeping, my man called...he had some good news too! The DOC had one of his cases incorrectly listed as open with a warrant, even though the case was actually dropped back in 2007. It looks like the DOC finally got his records corrected to show that this case was closed so he talked to his counselor and now she's going to help him work out something to get home closer to coming home. He's all happy. I guess all of my letters and phone calls finally paid off! haha.

My car is still trouble and other stuff still is a little BLAH, but at least I'll have a 4 day weekend...and I get to have two dates with my man! Thanks for all the well wishes and happy Labor day, everyone!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 PM

Chick- congrats to the new family addition! SO awesome about your man. I really feel like some people at DOC are actually putting a little effort into what theyve supposed to be doing- their jobs- and pushing the process along? Its like they almost care lol.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 09-05-2009, 11:25 AM
It's us against the world

Chick- congrats also on the new member of the family. and that's wonderful news about your man. I'm happy that the DOC had corrected
there mistake. Hopefully the count down for him coming home can start soon.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:34 PM

Thanks ladies!

We are both really happy that the DOC has finally corrected this mistake - now he wants to get home monitoring or parole or something. He told his counselor that he wants to submit for both ASAP, so hopefully something happens in the next few months! He's already got less than 9 months left. Just like everyone, I really want my man home!!!!!

We had a great visit today - that man still blows me away all the time. For the past few weeks, we've been having like these super passionate kisses and it seems like we both totally forget where we are while this is going on...it's soooo awesome! We also had a really good heart-to-heart talk today and I feel like we are even closer now. I love this man so damn much! I wish he was here right now, but I guess I'll have to settle for having another "date" with him tomorrow. : )

Hope everyone else is having a great Saturday!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:04 PM

Happy Saturday!
I was also lucky enough to have an amazing visit. I haven't really elaborated on this subject- but as the due date draws nearer, were both kinda freaking out emotionally and have been arguing, and Ive been crying blah blah blah.Its been really scary sitting here by myself feeling really alone, and Jeb I feel is just driving himself crazy knowing he's missing out on this experience. But as soon as I saw Jeb, this whole trainwreck of a week melted away. Ive just come to realize that were both just not great without each other. We had an awesome visit together with lots of tummy rubbing and kisses. Haha, like Chick I almost forgot where we were! Ahh, Im still high as a kite.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 09-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a lovely Labor Day! We didn't do much, and in fact, I didn't leave the house once today, which is nice! Back to the routine tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is doing OK!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 PM

hope everyone had a great weekend, I got to see my baby twice this weekend so that is great, just stressed and trying to get thru this week to see what happens.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 PM
BJ's ride or die chick!

hello every one, had a ok wked looking forward to a much better week. me too got to see my hubby twice this wked. trying to stay focus on what needs to be done at home and for him. sometimes its hard being a wife of an inmate and not everyone understands. but still ima keep my head up and smile like always...
Old 09-08-2009, 08:17 AM

you got that right, not everyone understands, sometimes I think no one out here understands, That's why I am glad we have each other. this is going to be a long week until court on Friday and then we will see what happens next.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
BJ's ride or die chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmizell1221 View Post
you got that right, not everyone understands, sometimes I think no one out here understands, That's why I am glad we have each other. this is going to be a long week until court on Friday and then we will see what happens next.
thats what made me think that was u yesterday, cause u said somthing bout court being on friday, yes girl we need each other more then ppl think. my life is focus on my kids and my husband. aint somthing missing like me?!? not mad bout it cause i knw i gota do what i gota do for my family and me. i knw in the end it will all pay out. so sweetie we just going to keep our heads up and i cnt wait to see u weds! i knw ur b there just like i will. oh yeah i hope and pray that all goes well friday, ill miss seeing u dwn jci but hey its worth it!!