Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:42 PM

Default Super quiet in here!

I hope that means all is going as well as can be expected for our men. Check in!

How is your man?
Have you visited recently?
How are you handling things?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJsGirl View Post
I hope that means all is going as well as can be expected for our men. Check in!

How is your man?
Have you visited recently?
How are you handling things?
Yes sometimes the maryland forum is like the dead zone but people usually respond if there is a hot topic or something going on. I guess things are pretty calm right now.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Calm is good, right?! Yes, no issues for me. Just 29 days till our Modification hearing and hopefully some good news!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hiya gals-----
yes it is time that we have checked in.... Well He is fine and we have been talking a lot on the phone. His visiting list is not in yet grrrrrrrr so I could not drive to see him this will be the 3rd week which sucks. I did have a job interview today. So everything is ok. And how about you guys???????
CHECK IN MARYLAND PEEPS. MUCH LOVE

~FOREVER AND ALWAYS I WILL BE HIS~
Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 PM

checking in, everything go as good as can be expected. our hearing got postponed until september so hopefully all will go well there.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the check in NDJ...I hope your modification hearing yields some positive results!

My man is doing pretty well and keeping himself under control, although he's getting PISSED because his son's mother won't answer the phone and let him talk to his son. It's getting hard to keep making him feel better about that, but there's nothing else I can do about it and I try not to get involved unless he asks me to do something specific. Other than that, he's doing good besides sweating his butt off every day. haha.

We visit (or have our "dates", as we call them!) twice a week, so that helps me be patient...even though he's looking so good, I don't want to wait another day for him to come home. : )

JeffsBaby - I hope the interview went well. A tip I always use when I go on interviews...if you really want the job, send a thank you letter to the people who interviewed you. It usually does the trick! Also, you better tell your man to get that visiting list in!!!! I've never waited more than a few days to get approved for visits...3 weeks would drive me nuts!

And yes, I guess calm is good all the way around!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Thanks for the tip, I will drop one in the mail
Glad all of out honies are doing well. Chick I know 3 weeks is killing me badly!!!!!!!! He has turned it on they have it but, they are backed up with all the new inmates up there. How hard can it be to put it in a computer. They told him today that they will let him know as soon as it's processed. I guess him and me bugging them is starting to affect them LMAO. They have no idea how much of a bug I can be.

Ndj hope the hearing goes well!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:25 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

uuggghhhhhhhh I hate typos I hope u guys know what I am saying

Old 07-21-2009, 08:50 AM

Default check in

Its good to hear from you ladies, yes we must check in every once in a while but no news usually means things are calm. I really can't complain what would be the point. I can't help but wait my fiance is on the "Hill" and moving closer to home. 2010 is our year so we are making home plans and stuff like that.

Since it's hot I must say I'm happy that things are CALM right now for our men, as long as we keep the visits, phones calls and letters flowing we are doing our part
Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 AM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Yeap we are doing our part. I have been really hitting the letters hard right now and cards too. I can't stand not being able to see him but, soon my friends very soon I will get to have that back. I am just worried about the weather and hope he is drinking and eating enough. From what I hear they are suppose to make sure that they are getting enough water so I pray!!!!!! I am just a worry wart. Glad we are all doing well and so are the guys.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:25 PM

Eh, try not to worry too much...I figure I can only worry about the things that I can control. I definitely can't control the weather or what the hell he's eating and drinking. He's a grown man and he knows he needs to drink water when he works out and stuff, so hopefully he's being smart and staying hydrated. My man has some kind of cold right now and he's always a baby when he's sick - it's kind of cute in a weird way when he says, "Baaaaby, I'm siiiiiiick...feel my forehead, I think I have a fever." I always say, "You feel pretty hot to me, baby!". haha. Ugh, I miss him!!

I also know my man gets grumpy/irritable when he's hot - and I'm sure a lot of other dudes are the same way - so hopefully we have some cooler days soon!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:27 PM

Good job getting this thread moving!!! My BF's in federal prison, we're both from MD and he's got 20 yrs MD backup time staring him in the face...or trying to bite him in the a$$ ! That's just an intro..we're praying the backup time is old enough that his lawyer can get the probation reinstated. I'll take chickfrom's advice and not worry about what I can't control and I know I can't control the MD courts, that's for sure. I haven't seen my BF since last Nov cause he's been about 10 hr. away. He's in Atlanta right now getting moved to VA and I CAN'T WAIT! As soon as he get's there and I get approved to visit, I will be driving like a maniac down 95 soooo get out of my way! So glad somebody got this going! I'll start checking in!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM

Hey tolong! Here's hoping things work out with your man and that some judge realizes how old that backup time is and how much things may have changed since then! Tell him to get that visiting list submitted as soon as possible girl...I wouldn't want to wait one more day than absolutely necessary. : )

My man's backup time was from 2000 and he ended up having to serve about half of it. He was on two probations though, so his stupid move violated both of them and each judge gave him about half of the time he owed. Oh well, I keep telling myself (and him!) that it could've been worse!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone..Hope you all have a good Day!
Thanks chick..the attorny who's really doing us a big favor said nobody gets ALL thier backup and since the violation is cause he didn't finish paying his restitution he thinks maybe they'll reinstate his probation. The charges are from 1993. It's been hanging out there since 2006 and my BF has written to the states attorney, the court and it wasn't till the lawyer filed for a fast & speedy trial and a motion for approriate relief that we're hopefull something will get going. But even then it's been filed since April.
Well, it's still going to be a while till I can visit. Federal moves slowly..he was in Kentucky and to get him to VA he has to go to Atlanta. He thinks he'll be there for a couple/few weeks. Then it's another few weeks to get me approved to visit. Thats the government for you...state & fed's..make sure every T is crossed and every I is dotted. I'll tell you what..this is my 1st, only, and last time I ever want to go threw all this..it's been a real eye opener. I told him, when this is over, if you even think about J walking, I'm gonna tackle you in the middle of the street!!! The justice system is really screwed up for sure!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:27 AM

Hi everyone. I am new here so I just wanted to check in and let you all know a little about me.

I met my BF 5 months ago thru a friend. He was already 2 years into a 3 year term so we only have 6 months left till he comes home. He is at MCTC ( the Hill?) in Hagerstown. When we met he was at CLF then 10 days later got a ticket and went to lock up at super max. He finally got off and went to Brockridge in May. We got to visit about 5 times ( even though he technically had a 6 month loss of visits- they did not check and I got to visit). He then moved to MCTC to complete the drug program and has been granted immediate parole upon completion. But since he moved, they have discovered that he is not supposed to have visit back until Sept so I have not been able to see him.

We talk everyday, sometimes 5 times on the phone and we write alot of letters and cards. And he is keeping himself out of trouble.

I have learned so much already from this site. I have never been involved with some one who was incarcerated ( or even had ever been) so alot of this is very new for me.

well that is me and my situation. I would love to talk to other ladies and learn more about how to deal with all these emotions and complications. Thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 AM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hiya Sara!!!!!!
Welcome to Pto!!!! I actually have a friend at the hill. My baby is in cumberland tho. Hope you are getting the info that you need. I am on here a lot so just hit me up, glad you have found this place~ I don't know what I would do without these ladies kepping me sane. Sorry about your visits but, it's good that you can talk on the phone.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlovesmike View Post
Hi everyone. I am new here so I just wanted to check in and let you all know a little about me.

I met my BF 5 months ago thru a friend. He was already 2 years into a 3 year term so we only have 6 months left till he comes home. He is at MCTC ( the Hill?) in Hagerstown. When we met he was at CLF then 10 days later got a ticket and went to lock up at super max. He finally got off and went to Brockridge in May. We got to visit about 5 times ( even though he technically had a 6 month loss of visits- they did not check and I got to visit). He then moved to MCTC to complete the drug program and has been granted immediate parole upon completion. But since he moved, they have discovered that he is not supposed to have visit back until Sept so I have not been able to see him.

We talk everyday, sometimes 5 times on the phone and we write alot of letters and cards. And he is keeping himself out of trouble.

I have learned so much already from this site. I have never been involved with some one who was incarcerated ( or even had ever been) so alot of this is very new for me.

well that is me and my situation. I would love to talk to other ladies and learn more about how to deal with all these emotions and complications. Thanks

Hi Sarah

This is a good site for info people usually jump in and out but if you need help we are here or at least we try to point you in the right direction. My man is at MCTC "The Hill" too and I just wanted to know if your man has already started the program you are talking about? Is it a six month program? How do you know he's getting out in January 2010?

If he has to go back before the board he still has to wait for paperwork to be done before he is released. The reason I'm asking is because our situation is similar and we don't have a release date yet.

Feef free to share anything you feel comfortable with.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM

Thanks for checking in everyone!

tolong, I hope the Courts get moving and things go in your favor!

Sarah, welcome to PTO and the Maryland forums! We're glad to have you. This is certainly the right place to come for information and support!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

AAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Week number 6 and still no list in the computer. WTF????? Sorry gals today is not a great day for me.
Anywhooooo ladies who have men at the hill help me out with info. Jeff's homie is up there and I need the details like visit's and such. How long are they usually there?

Thanks!!!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 07:12 AM

Yup, I'm with jeffsbaby...yest wasn't the greatest day. Found out the State's attorney filed a motion to oppose our appriopriate relief motion. I stopped by the lawyers and the girl said.."that doesn't mean much, they just spit out a form letter..of coarse it would have been nice if they didn't, but that's what they usually do". It's like a game of chess with them. I think they forget that theese men actually mean something to other people and they're the pawns in thier game. GRRRRRRRR!

Old 07-23-2009, 07:26 AM
FOREVER HIS LADY

(((((tolong))))))) I am sorry about that. I know they don't think that our men have loved ones which sucks. The whole system sucks. They are pawns and sadly they are just a number!!!! I want to scream at anyone who will listen. These are MEN- that have mothers,fathers,sister,brothers,kids,and ride or die chick by their side. We have a throw away society which is sad. I hope it works out for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsbaby For This Useful Post:
tolong (07-23-2009)
Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msj View Post
Hi Sarah

This is a good site for info people usually jump in and out but if you need help we are here or at least we try to point you in the right direction. My man is at MCTC "The Hill" too and I just wanted to know if your man has already started the program you are talking about? Is it a six month program? How do you know he's getting out in January 2010?

If he has to go back before the board he still has to wait for paperwork to be done before he is released. The reason I'm asking is because our situation is similar and we don't have a release date yet.

Feef free to share anything you feel comfortable with.

Thanks

Well he already had a parole hearing recently and they granted him immediate parole pending completion of the program that he just started ( the 6 month drug one). He started the beginning of this month and his graduation date is set for December 28. So according to his lawyer and whatever papers he has, the parole board has said that pending completion and no tickets or anything, that he will have parole so we are hoping that it gets done quick and he will be home by our "anniversary" 2-7-10.

I am very new to the whole system so I am not really sure as to the process that has to take place first but that is just what he has been told about his parole. I have no clue when we will actually find out when he will be released. I do know that he is going to be paroled to my address. I have heard that the PO has to come do a visit first. I guess I will learn more about it the closer we get to December.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Ok ladies checking in!!!!!!! I got the job and I start MONDAY!!!!!!!!! I am so excited now just waiting for my Boo to call and my day will be awesome!!!!!!

Sarah hang in there sweetie. I am keeping my fingers crossed for ya that he comes home to u soon.
So how was everyone's day?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:21 PM

That's wonderful news! Congrats!!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:25 PM

Congrats on the job, JeffsBaby!!! It's only been a few days since your interview, you must have impressed them! : ) What will you be doing?

My day was okay...the good news is that I got a pretty nice raise. The bad news is that that place drives me nuts sometimes!!! haha. At least tomorrow is Friday...and that means I can visit in less than 48 hours. : )

Who's visiting this weekend? Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?