Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Looking for Guard at Maryland Correctional Institution Hagerstown

This is a long shot, but I was wondering if someone might be able to help?
I'm looking for the name of a guard who worked/works at Maryland Correctional Institution Hagerstown in 1986. He was a pretty good sized (little chubby/large) black man, maybe 25-35, drove a red Camaro. I know it isn't much but perhaps someone knows this man?? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2004, 01:37 PM

I don't know any of the guards but I do have a phone number for the R.C.I building if it helps you here is ph # 1-240-420-3000
Old 12-17-2004, 07:23 AM

help me please i am looking to find the name of someone who can perform a marriage ceramony in prison. i am having no luck on my owndoes any one have a number of who i can contact
Old 12-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Hagerstown Weddings

Has anyone gotten married at a Hagerstown jail and not been from the Hagerstown area? Do you know of a Pastor or Minister (local) that will perform the ceremony? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:23 PM

Someone I knew tried to get married at MCIH--I'm not sure which prison you're planning to get married but at MCIH you have to get permission from the warden--you and your guy both have to write a letter or something; you will have to get the marriage license from Washington County Clerk of the Court and you have to have your own minister, the chaplain will not marry you. You are not allowed to have a visit afterwards, no pictures and no witnesses are allowed. The warden ultimately turned down their request after letting it sit for more than 6 months. Good luck
Once Again Virgin Club Member #38
However Long It Takes Member #24
Faithfully Waiting Member #50
Faithfully Writing Member #20
Faithfully Visiting Member #27
Loving My Man Club Member #4
Loving My Inmate Member #95
Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

We have a forum here on PTO for prison weddings. There is a link for each state. If you don't find the information in there please feel free to holler and I will do what I can to find the information!! Congratulations and best wishes always!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Faith..Hope..Love..
Donation Award 

Try contacting the facility directly to see what the procedure is when it comes to marrying an inmate. Best of luck to the both of you.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM

Default Getting married at MCTC Hagerstown

Hi! My name is Tina and I am planning on marrying my fiance Nick at MCTC. He saw the chaplain and he told Nick that we had to write to the Warden to ask permission.
Has anyone here been married there???? anyone have any suggestions as to the format of the request for permission letter?
Am I crazy or is this a very small population of peeps who actually belong and post on here? I would think there would be thousands of people on here.
I will say that it is a pain 80% of the time to sign in and most of the time wont take my password and half of my posts havent gone thru! How frustrating!
ANY ANY ANY and all help or just a "hi" would be appreciated!
Feeling a bit left on the sidelines in life with my man being away. Hoping to find a "family" of sorts. Thanks for reading and Bless you and your loved ones! Tina ps: also looking to rideshare to the prison on just about any day. I am in Harford county but can travel to meet for a ride. thank you for reading this
Old 01-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Default Hi Nick's Girl

Just wanted to say hello. I don't know about marriage at MCTC but maybe someone else will respond to your request. The maryland forum is funny its gets busy sometimes and then you won't see any activity for a while. Yes I tought there would be more members when I joined a few years ago. If anything I would says search throguh some of the old posts and you might get your answer. Trust me the things that we askhave probably been asked before by someone else you just have to find it. Try looking in the things you need to know catagory. Sometimes you have to search months back for the answer.

Good Luck to you

MsJ

Last edited by msj; 01-08-2009 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 PM

wow, a real response (giggle) thanks alot, I have been "lurking" on this site for over two years finally got the guts to join, lol. I havent seemed to find any posts from anytime from a wedding at mctc. but thanks a bunch for responding! TK
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
He's my life support
Donation Award 

My husband is at MCTC also. It seems like the only other person who has her man there is Queen. I don't know anything about MCTC because he just got there. I haven't talked to him yet almost 3 weeks without him.

Anyway, good luch with the marriage there!!! How long has he been there? Maybe you can school me on the ins and outs of the place. Take care!!

BTW, this forum is slow! I can't stand it I know there has to be more ppl in Maryland than we see here!

Always one day closer to being with him

Old 01-09-2009, 01:04 AM

Default Hi

Hi!!!! First of all, it can seem like a desert at times... I know!! Now congrats on the pending marriage.... i don't know of a formal way to ask for permission.... it all depends on the history of the inmate, and the hardest thing is usually getting a date. I dont know about any marriages at MCTC tho.... Sorry!!! But just make it as sincere and professional as possible. If you have any questions, I will TRY my hardest to answer them.... Much love.....
Old 01-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Big Daddy's Wife

Both you and your fiancee will have to write a letter of intent to the Warden..Two suggestions when you get to that phase, mail the letters together, his and yours, and secondly, write a letter to the Chaplain at the same time, and attach the letters of intent. This shows the Chaplain that you did send the letters.

Also, be prepared to have to get your own wedding officiate.

Define Normal? Normal is what you know.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Default Thanks

THANKS FOR WRITING BACK. gOT THE INFO FINALLY FORM MY OLD MAN. WE BOTH WROTE OUR LETTERS NOW THE MAN WHO IS GOING TO MARRY US HAS TO WRITE A LETTER AND SUBMIT HIS CREDENTIALS. THEN I GOTTA GET A LICENSE. SO WE COULD BE MARRIED IN A MONTH OR SO THE WARDENS ASSISTANT TOLD ME. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! TK
Old 01-13-2009, 11:33 AM

My husband and I decided to get married in July and didn't begin the actual process until the beginning of August. We were married on September 1st. It was amazing to me how fast it went through. We each wrote our letters, but we were scared they were going to deny us because we didn't know what they looked for and we are so young (he was 22 and I was 20), but it went through and we're going on 1.5 yrs now.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:41 AM

GOT ALMOST EVERYTHING DONE BUT IT IS SOSTING ME $285. FOR THE REV! tHE LICENSE IS $65.00. dOES ANYONE KNOW IF I HAVE TO TAKE ANYTHNG OF HIS TO GET THE LICENSE. gT CHAPLAIN ISHMAEL, HE IS NOT THE NICEST FELLA,SHORT WITH ME,NOT FORTHCOMING. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME. SHOULD BE MARIED WITHIN A MONTH I WAS TOLD. THANKS A BUNCH, HELLO TO ALL!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:37 PM

Default Marrying an inmate @ MCTC

Hey Tina I am in the same predicament, my name is Crystal. I have not gotten a response yet from the warden but if we work together we may be able to get results sooner than later. TTYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKS GURL View Post
Hi! My name is Tina and I am planning on marrying my fiance Nick at MCTC. He saw the chaplain and he told Nick that we had to write to the Warden to ask permission.
Has anyone here been married there???? anyone have any suggestions as to the format of the request for permission letter?
Am I crazy or is this a very small population of peeps who actually belong and post on here? I would think there would be thousands of people on here.
I will say that it is a pain 80% of the time to sign in and most of the time wont take my password and half of my posts havent gone thru! How frustrating!
ANY ANY ANY and all help or just a "hi" would be appreciated!
Feeling a bit left on the sidelines in life with my man being away. Hoping to find a "family" of sorts. Thanks for reading and Bless you and your loved ones! Tina ps: also looking to rideshare to the prison on just about any day. I am in Harford county but can travel to meet for a ride. thank you for reading this

Last edited by ziggy616; 04-28-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 PM

Well maybe you can help me I have not gotten that far, I still need a rev and where did you go for the licence washington county?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKS GURL View Post
GOT ALMOST EVERYTHING DONE BUT IT IS SOSTING ME $285. FOR THE REV! tHE LICENSE IS $65.00. dOES ANYONE KNOW IF I HAVE TO TAKE ANYTHNG OF HIS TO GET THE LICENSE. gT CHAPLAIN ISHMAEL, HE IS NOT THE NICEST FELLA,SHORT WITH ME,NOT FORTHCOMING. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME. SHOULD BE MARIED WITHIN A MONTH I WAS TOLD. THANKS A BUNCH, HELLO TO ALL!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:14 PM
It's us against the world

you have to get the marriage license from washington county. the fee for the marriage license is $ 60.00 and you have to have both of your social security numbers. once you have the license you send a copy to the warden along with the letter you wrote for permission. then the warden will send it to the chaplain where they look over the date you plan to married and see if that date is alright. i just had to do all of this for my up and comeing wedding in may. i do have a officiate her name is Rev.debby. you can email her at reverenddebby@comcast.net she do perform wedding at prison. if you need more info let me know
soon2bmrs.tobat (05-11-2009), ziggy616 (04-29-2009)
Old 04-29-2009, 11:45 AM

OMG I didnt expect a response this quick I really appreciate the info I actually just emailed Rev.Debby, so hopefully I will be married in Aug, thanks a million

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy girl View Post
you have to get the marriage license from washington county. the fee for the marriage license is $ 60.00 and you have to have both of your social security numbers. once you have the license you send a copy to the warden along with the letter you wrote for permission. then the warden will send it to the chaplain where they look over the date you plan to married and see if that date is alright. i just had to do all of this for my up and comeing wedding in may. i do have a officiate her name is Rev.debby. you can email her at reverenddebby@comcast.net she do perform wedding at prison. if you need more info let me know
Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 AM

you are welcome you can go to her web-site at www.reverenddebby.com and look at and read about her service that she do. and she have her phone number listed. if you need more info pm and let me know. good luck with your wedding plans
Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 AM

Red face Thank you

Thanks again Girlie, she called me the same day I emailed herand we are shooting for August, but than you sooo much I really appreciate you
Old 05-01-2009, 10:15 AM

you are welcome and congrats on your up and comeing wedding.
ziggy616 (05-05-2009)
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Thank you Question, My fiance & I are having problems receiving each others mail, are you having this issue as well? I'm tryna Identify if this is something personal because if so MCTC got some trouble on their hands but I'm trying not to over react, so any input about mail would be great. Oh & do they have the right to open outgoing mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy girl View Post
you are welcome and congrats on your up and comeing wedding.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:23 PM

HI No they don't have the right to open out going mail. my fiance is at mcih and they always having problems with giving the inmate there mail. my baby write a a.r.p. up on them. so if your fiance don't get his mail or the mail he's send you look like they open it before you got it tell him to write up that a.r.p. on them.