Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 AM

i'm from the eastern shore. my boyfriend should be out in january. will he have to do all his time at mrdcc? hes a parole violator
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I Love my son - Maryland

Default Any Interest for a PWCIP forum for Maryland?

Hi Patti, I am pretty new to Prison Talk. I found it by accident, while my son was on trial in Maryland and was browsing on internet for info. I have looked around the site in general. But found PWCIP forum...and I finally said something in there, I immediately got tons of replies and just felt so comfortable talking with the other parents (especially the ones who have been in here for a long time) I was really hurting the day of my son was sentenced and it really helped to talk to other parents who have been trough it. I will continue to go to that forum. But, I am wondering if there is a PWCIP forum for Maryland members and if not...is it ok to try open one? and if so, how?
Thanks,
chrstnfriend
Old 09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

All of PTO is a warm and comforting place. You don't have to be exclusive to one forum, you can hop around and jump in anywhere you like. You can get all sorts of information from all over the place!

The Following User Says Thank You to dwfighterva For This Useful Post:
Tender (10-11-2010)
Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Donation Award 

Hi, I am on the Eastern Shore and my husband was shipped to Hagerstown. It is a shame that he is so far away when all the rest of the prisons are near at least within 2 hours away not 3 1/2 hours away. On some days, I make it to Hagerstown in 4.5 hrs on rainy days. So sad then after maybe a hour visit, I am on the road again for another 4.5 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphries01 View Post
I am a new member. I live on Eastern Shore Maryland,
.Hate that they placed my husband so far and has a non-violent crime.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Donation Award 

I want to take some time out of my "reading" and "asking questions" to say thank you for this site! I can't express how much this site has helped me. There were days when my husband would call home and tell me things which I won't understand and wouldn't have anyone to ask in depth about my or his concerns. I made a few chat line friends and able to direct other wives and girlfriends to this site. This was really a support site for me and hope it could become a little more advantage to a certain level. Hopefully, I will be able to give a donation as well before the end of this month. Thank you!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Donation Award 

Hello! I am not new to this site. I try my best to help out others especially, if I know a few answers to some of the posted questions. Unfortuately I have a question this time. My husband is at Hagerstown, 18601 Roxbury Rd which is close to 4 hours away from me and I live on the Eastern Shore. The family wants him to be transferred to ECI. How can someone get transferred from one prison to another. If anybody have any answers please let me know. My husband has already put in a request and spoke with his case manager, but is there something else he can do or I can do that will help this process a little better?????
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Donation Award 

Hello again, it's me Tender. As you know, the holidays are soon approaching and everyone is getting bummed out over it. My husband wont be home for another Thanksgiving, Christmas, so on. We are trying out best to handle all of this again. Last year, it was hard but we got through it. This time it seems even more painful. Some days I do well and other days I don't and the same with him too. We are trying to do little things to keep us connect. We write three times per week, he calls on Saturdays and Sundays, and I send pictures. Do anyone knows something creative we can do for each other that might make the holidays less painfu? I cant think of anything right now. ANything will help even if you think it sounds korny it might just may help. I know we can not make holiday cards? Any suggestions?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:16 PM

Hello Tender. I am Jay's Lady. You may want to go to the General Prison Talk forum and look at creative mail ideas that you can send to your husband for the holiday time. Welcome to the Maryland forum. If you need to talk or further assistance please pm me.

Jay's Lady
Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you !!!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:02 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,887 Posts

Hi! I'll be helping moderate the MD forum. I was born and raised in MD and I hold it very close to my heart. Please let me know if you need any help!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Our <3 is Worth the Wait
Donation Award 

Hello Everyone,
My husband was just sent to WCI-H on Friday. I must say I feel lucky in a way because it is only 1 1/2 from me, I live in Baltimore. This is all new to me because my husband has never been locked up before. Sadly he received 20yrs unjustly, we are praying that considering he has never been arrested before and puts in as many good days as possible, he may return in 8 to 10. Wow that sounds worse when said out loud. *sigh* Can anyone tell me how visits are there? how long? can you touch? etc. Anything that will help me on my first visit is appreciated.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:13 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiE's WiFe View Post
Hello Everyone,
My husband was just sent to WCI-H on Friday. I must say I feel lucky in a way because it is only 1 1/2 from me, I live in Baltimore. This is all new to me because my husband has never been locked up before. Sadly he received 20yrs unjustly, we are praying that considering he has never been arrested before and puts in as many good days as possible, he may return in 8 to 10. Wow that sounds worse when said out loud. *sigh* Can anyone tell me how visits are there? how long? can you touch? etc. Anything that will help me on my first visit is appreciated.
Here is a link that might be helpful to you. Please PM me if you need anything. All the best.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Default Fellow Marylander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiD1157 View Post
I would like to welcome all new members to the Maryland Forum. Please feel free to give me a holler if there is anything at all I can help you with. If you have any questions I will do what I can to help you find the answers.
Once again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know each of you.

PattiD1157
PTO Site Moderator
Hello. I currently live in MD and my fiance was recently transferred to MCAC in Baltimore. I need to find him a good lawyer because his appointed lawyer is not doing much for him. I also need to see if I can get him moved to the other facility he was in because I was very disturbed by the appearance of this one when I went to visit him over the weekend. Well anyone who who would like to chat and just support each other let me know. It's difficult to find others who understand. This has been a very traumatic experience for myself and family.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:18 PM
simplelife1967

New to the site....my brother was just sentenced and sent to MTCT has 24 years....family is blown away....frustrated....never been through anything like this before....I have lost my best friend and found this site while looking for ways to send inmate packages to MTCT and what i could and couldn't send...it is all so confusing
Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM

The holidays are hard . I printed out colored Christmas trees-about a dozen some decorated and some not then I printed out decorations and cut them out so he could decorate his tree then I got copies of presents and cut them out and listed everything I would have put in the gifts and he loved it and so did the other guys!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM

Question Info on wtc

I'm new to PTO, I have a friend that is in WCI and I live in
Mich and trying to support him he just got tranfer there so it new to him to, If any one can gave me INFO on WCI it would so help.
Thank you so much!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette310 View Post
I'm new to PTO, I have a friend that is in WCI and I live in
Mich and trying to support him he just got tranfer there so it new to him to, If any one can gave me INFO on WCI it would so help.
Thank you so much!
I'm not sure what you are looking for but here is a link to their official site.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Hey everyone Im new to this website. I have a friend out at ECI and I live in Baltimore. I am supposed to be taking that 3 hour hike next weekend but I am nervous now that the time is getting closer. Can anyone offer any insight? I know the basics from what his mom told me, but I also thought i wasnt going to be making the trip alone but now it looks like I am. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:32 PM
~Holdin it Down~

Default New to the sight.... Not to serving time in MD

No! I have not served any time in prison ANYWHERE but when you have a loved one(s) who are... U are not only serving time as well but you are also the victim!!!!

My Best friend/ BF and I have known each other since we were 11 years old in 1992. All through middle and high school we were close friends. After high school our lives went seperate ways. Unfortunately on a visit to MD, fron college in FL, things happened and he has not been back to FL since. That was in 2002.... We remained friends through his trial and conviction but life changes and we lost touched (NOT because of what happened) Then back in 2010, we reconnected and that was the "begining" of my life. I NEVER saw falling in love with ANYONE let alone him BUT G-d had other plans!! It is a tough situation but I KNOW I am EXACTLY WHERE I AM SUPPOSED TO BE!!!! Want to know more PLEASE ASK!!!!!
I am an Open book and have NO SHAME in ANYTHING!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Hello All,

Joined the site a couple of weeks ago but have not really used it. My fiance is at MRDCC waiting to be transfered. He was sentenced to five years on April 6, 2011. He projected relase date is 11/23/2014. First time he has ever been in trouble hoping we get through this our twins are do any day now. Oh yeah and quick questions does anyone know where to send comminsary money order.

Best Wishes
Old 05-12-2011, 12:01 PM

Hi guys
My husband is in MCTC in Hagerstown. If you have questions about the place maybe I can help. He got 6 years but with his home detention credit and jail credit he should be up for parole within 10 months.

Good luck to all
Old 05-29-2011, 12:41 PM

Hi to everyone here my boyfriend is in mctc (i think thats rite- theres 3 jails in the same place)
Old 05-29-2011, 02:52 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2joesgirl View Post
Hi to everyone here my boyfriend is in mctc (i think thats rite- theres 3 jails in the same place)
Welcome!! You'll find many friends here.
The Following User Says Thank You to mammastalkin For This Useful Post:
tat2joesgirl (05-29-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 09:01 AM

Hi everyone
im Emily, im from annapolis MD
My fiance Mike was arrested last monday, hes probably going to be in prison at least 2 years now, and they still wont let me talk to him.
Honestly I don't know what to do with my self anymore. He was supporting me and now i have to move back in with my parents and siblings, who wont give me a bedroom, so i sleep in a corner of their house with a mattress and sheets hung up as walls....it sucks to say the least.
i really miss him, I didn't really hangout with anyone else but him before he got arrested, and now im just really lonely.......
Old 06-19-2011, 02:50 PM
LadyK87

I'm new to PTO so I'm not sure if I'm doin this correctly. My loved on was jus moved 2 ECI from Brockbridge. Any info on the facility & that relating would be greatly appreciated!