Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:21 AM

Default daddygirl

hey, good luck on your move....are you moving to Hagerstown ( I used to live there) I know moving is stressful. You coming alone? You are in my prayers! Tink
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 05:23 AM

Default Welcome you are in the right place!

This is a wonderful place to find out stuff, vent, connect with some kewl chicks or just to say you miss him. We are all in the same boat. Keep posting and good luck! Tink
Old 08-18-2009, 05:25 AM

Default Ndj

may the gods be with ya gal! Good luck and I prayed for you guys!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:24 PM

Default Question about Baltimore DOC

My son is being transferred to Baltimore DOC from Clarksburg, do you know anything about DOC? Will I be able to visit him? Talk to him on the phone ? Worried Mom
Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 PM

Hi Hart!

My best guess is that your son will be first transferred to the Maryland Reception, Diagnostic and Classification Center (MRDCC) in downtown Baltimore. You'll probably find tons of information about that place on this MD Forum - perhaps even in this thread, if I remember correctly. At this place, he'll be classified to determine his security level. I think most men normally stay there 2 to 3 weeks, depending on how busy they are and how many inmates they are classifying. Typically, he'll able to call when he first arrives (a very quick phone call to let you know he was transferred), but you may not hear from him again while he's there. My man was there for about 2 weeks last year and was not able to make phone calls the entire time. Sometimes parole violators are sent there and are allowed to make 5 minute phone calls. Inmates at MRDCC are not permitted visits unless they've been there for more than 60 days, and most inmates aren't there long enough to get visits either.

MRDCC is basically a lockdown facility, so inmates spend a majority of their time in a cell. They are often locked in a cell for 26 hours at a time, so I'm sure he would be happy if you'd send him letters, sudoku puzzles and things like that to keep him busy. You can find his inmate ID number and the address to the facility online if you use the inmate locator on the DOC web site and google the facility (the address is 550 E. Madison St Baltimore MD 21202).

Once he is classified, he'll typically be moved to another facility. Depending on the facility, he may need to submit a phone list and a visitation list in order to make phone calls and receive visits. Once his visiting list and phone list are processed, he'll normally be able to call you and receive visits. Each facility has it's own rules for visiting, telephone and mail. You will be able to find information on just about every facility if you skim through the MD Forum - or you can post and us lovely MD ladies will be happy to answer.

I hope this helped! Good luck and please let us know if you have any questions!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:53 PM
It's us against the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKS GURL View Post
hey, good luck on your move....are you moving to Hagerstown ( I used to live there) I know moving is stressful. You coming alone? You are in my prayers! Tink

Thank you, I will be moving to Prince George county - Uppermarlboro. my husband didn't want me to move out there just in case they move him. so i will be living close by my cousins and his family. so i will be all settle down there by the end of the month.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:08 PM

It has helped more than you know, I feel so alone and worried, does that feeling ever go away?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:50 PM

Wink welcome Hart

It gets better with time. Sometimes are better than others. Try to post alot, i will keep an eye out for you. You are NOT alone, there are alot of us out here. I have been waiting three years so far. I write to him alot. I post more now than I ever did. Thank GOD for Prison talk! Especially when i felt negative, or didnt trust my man it helped me to vent, to regain patience.
Hang in there! You have freinds now! Tink
Old 08-19-2009, 12:52 PM
It's us against the world

In due time things will get better. Just keep yourself busy that help a lot to.

Last edited by daddy girl; 08-19-2009 at 12:56 PM..
Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart View Post
It has helped more than you know, I feel so alone and worried, does that feeling ever go away?
It gets better. For me, the alone feeling never was totally gone, but having this place helped. We're here for you!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM

hey Hart! Some days Im on here most of the day just to talk and find strength. I know your scared and worried right now, I think part of that is the unknown. I was so worried about my fiancé when he was at DOC because I didn't know what prison he was going to, the politics of it all, or when Id hear from him. Dont worry, some of that stress will ease up once he settles in and down somewhere and you get a call. The rest of it, well... like Nicks girl said, some days are better than others, and on those worse days, hop on the internet and talk it out. We're all here for our own reasons, but we all share the same connection.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 PM

Hello, I am a newbie here. My bf has just been transfered to MRDCC yesterday. He is just here for holding and processing until they place him somewhere else. Anyone else's loved one in there right now too? If so, let's talk! Send me a private message. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:18 AM

Question Big Sis- Devastated, Overwhelmed but want to give Little Bro Hope

I was hesitant at first to post here because my brother is very private and I wanted to keep him annonymous. But I guess this makes the most sense. I need to learn all I can about laws and prison life, etc. specific to Maryland. My brother is 29 years old and has a life sentence with the possibility of parole at Cumberland. He hopes to be moved to Patuxent some day.

He's been in for a year and half (first year at a Detention center near us) and has a 15 year sentence. He did commit a horribly violent act unfortunately. It was totally unexpected. He was diagnosed with a mental illness when he was a teenager. Not saying that this is an excuse. But just saying that his life has always been a bit of a hardship.

I'm mainly here for him. He wants to know what his chances are for parole. Many inmates have told him there is no hope. He needs hope AND he is willing to get the help he needs, now. Unfortunatley he was not willing to get it before this happened.

It's all very painful. So I am here partly for myself. I have a pretty good support system though. So more here for information. I will post more in the future. I mean there's plenty of time. But for him he feels somewhat abandoned and like we (my parents and I) aren't doing enough. All in all he still treats us well. I mean he partly has to we are all we have. Unfortunately he tried to use his best and pretty much only friend as an alibi. So now that friend has written him off.

Anyway, hope this doesn't sound too negative. I actually want to cry just typing this up. I guess time will help heal the wounds some, right? He just was NEVER violent with me. There were just a couple of brief glimpses. So that's why I say I am so devastated. I guess there's a lot to discuss. But again mostly I just need info. for him.

Do lifers ever get parole in Maryland?

I know the govenor will play a large role as well as my brother's behavior and the support he has on the outside. As well as the victim's family. I know they will be at the parole hearing. Though they are actually trying in some ways believe or not to have some empathy for him; they do not feel his sentence was harsh enough. Most likely they will try to make sure he stays in there. I can't totally blame them.

But I love my brother and want to give him hope. I can't deal with just yet what I will do when or if he ever gets out. How can I trust him? Where will he go? He always struggled with holding down a job and paying his rent, etc. before! Now of course it will be even harder.

Thank you. This site from what I've seen so far looks great.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:37 AM

Im near the eastern shore, and my husband was just sentenced to jci. He recieved 3 sentences, equally 16 years.ive just delivered our first children (twins), and i dont know a thing about the place, or how it works.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandForMine View Post
Im near the eastern shore, and my husband was just sentenced to jci. He recieved 3 sentences, equally 16 years.ive just delivered our first children (twins), and i dont know a thing about the place, or how it works.

Sorry to hear that. well you will have to wait till he can add u to his visiting lis,t once that is approved you can only go on specific days odd or even determined by the last number in his DOC #. You wont be able to talk untill he is able to add you to his phone list. they are a bit slow over there
Old 11-07-2009, 06:15 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Let me try to help the best I can..........
1st at JCI they go on a even odd system depending on the last digit of his doc number. I liked JCI (if you can truly like a prison) The staff is nice there and you can hug and kiss and they are more laid back. The visiting list up there goes in pretty fast. i live in Baltimore so it was a zip right up 95 and was there in 20 minutes.

BIGSIS- My man is at NBCI in cumberland. I have phil Dantes for his lawyer. He sat on the parole board and knows his stuff. He is actually working on a sentence reduction for Jeff. Life does not mean life here unless it is life w/o. It does depend on the govener tho. I will give you the advice Dantes gave to Jeff. Get a job or go to school or both. Try not to get any write ups at all. Have a stable place you can parole to. Parole on life is a long shot but, it is worth a try. That is why we are trying to get a sentence reduction. Hope this helps and feel free to pm me. The cumberland jails nbci and wci are very strict! I can tell you that Jeff wanted to move back to JCI and was denied. They moved the lifers to NBCI.

~FOREVER AND ALWAYS I WILL BE HIS~
Old 12-09-2009, 09:12 AM

i'm new to the site my husband is located @ fci fort dix. he's been there since April 09 I go to see him every weekend and maybe some weekdays if i am off my only problem is my car i dont trust it to drive that far so early in the morn so i have been renting cars on weekends its adding up also is there a phone company or something to save on calls?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmike View Post
i'm new to the site my husband is located @ fci fort dix. he's been there since April 09 I go to see him every weekend and maybe some weekdays if i am off my only problem is my car i dont trust it to drive that far so early in the morn so i have been renting cars on weekends its adding up also is there a phone company or something to save on calls?
Hopefully this link will assist you. To save on calls people generally get a cell phone with the same exchange and area code or get a service like Vonage and do the same, so they can pay local call rates . http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...00#post5037700
Old 01-24-2010, 01:39 AM

Hi, everyone

This is my first tyme on here, tyrin 2 get the hange of it. Im from baltimore, but my sons father is at MCT. And Im not real familiar with the system so this site is helping.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:01 AM

Default i'm also from baltimore

Hello everyone.Iam also new to this website and am very confused of how things work on here.My boyfriend/son's father is currently at MCTC in Hagerstown.So,if anyone that is out there that has a loved one at that facility,please feel free to message me.Thanx

Last edited by queenie77; 01-25-2010 at 10:07 AM..
Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Hi. I'm so new to all this. I met up with an old boy friend 25 years later and we talked on the phone until we were able to meet. We fell in love all over again and then he told me he was going to jail. I was devastated. We saw each other as much as we could until he had to go in and we had to put things on hold. We talk every day. He's been in since May 2009 and has been turned down for 2 sentence modifications. He had 2 dui's and he's doing 3 years! Insane. I miss him so much I ache. It's so hard because I live in CT which makes it hard to visit and the phone calls are costing a fortune. I guess I'm just looking for support...some "friends" who are going through the same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to grifmat For This Useful Post:
Trailmix (06-16-2010)
Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 AM

Hello. My husband was at Clarksburg Correctional Facility and is now in Montgomery County pre release center! If u need to know anything about either place. LEt me know!
Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 07:02 PM

Default Dorchester County Department of Corrections

Hi Everyone,
Not that new to the board. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks but this is my first post. My boyfriend was arrested last month on a VOP warrant because he got a traffic charge almost 6 months ago. They waited to serve that because they piled a bunch of other charges on him. What ticks me off is the fact that they have no evidence, they're only going on the word of a very disturbed individual. But since the VOP is a no bond warrant, he's stuck sitting there until his hearing. Whatever you do, do not get arrested in Dorchester County. The cops here are a joke.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:58 PM

HI MY husband is at jci. Im glad to see other people from marylnd
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 AM

Question Beth in Md pre parole question

Our son is in a PA prison so that is where I usually participate. I don't remember how to make my introduction so I hope this is okay.
Anyways, MD dept of Corrections doesn't seem to have any info for inmates and their families about what to expect in relation to parole. Can someone give me some info about what to expect during the preparole home visit?
Thanks, Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiD1157 View Post
I would like to welcome all new members to the Maryland Forum. Please feel free to give me a holler if there is anything at all I can help you with. If you have any questions I will do what I can to help you find the answers.
Once again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know each of you.

PattiD1157
PTO Site Moderator
Closed Thread