Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 PM

Chick! I was just popping in tonight to see if there was an update on your man! So glad that there is! Will be thinking of you on Tuesday! Hope the reunion is everything you expect and more!

Thanks to all of you for the condolences. We are at peace with the loss. Still miss her tons, but not wishing that she was back where she was.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:25 AM

Default Finally!!!!

Hey ladies...how is everyone? Chick's man is home and god bless that! I'm so happy for her. Home detention came to my house yesterday and my house passed with flying colors so my man should be coming home this week! I'm phsyched and nervous all at the same time! I pray that his homecoming will be quick and easy. I hope all of you had a great thanksgiving and I will talk to you all soon.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 PM

Thats great Mrs. Harper! Ill pray everything goes smoothly. Congrats!

Well ladies, I was going to visit today, but considering my truck needs new wiper blades, the fact that people drive crazy in the snow, plus a newborn, equals rescheduling our visit tomorrow!
Happy snow day ladies, im loving it!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 12-06-2009, 10:27 AM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hi all~
Another man coming home yahhhhhh

I got to see him yesturday and it was so great. It was snowing so bad but, we made it up there and back! Thank god for Greens my PTO sista because I don't do well in the snow in a sports car! I did not go up today because I am not feeling well. I did go to see him and I was like god please don't let me get sick in the VR! He was like stay home and rest. I am still upset because I did not see him today. Hopefully he will call me and we can talk. Hope all is well with everyone!!

~FOREVER AND ALWAYS I WILL BE HIS~
Old 12-06-2009, 07:55 PM

Hey all-
Saw Jeb today and he said that he will be up for pre-release consideration at the end of this month, so ladies, please please PLEASE keep us in your prayers. We really need this.

For those of you who visited today, I hope it was great!
Hope you all had a good weekend. God bless and well wishes to my ladies!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM

Good luck Jebs! I hope it works out for you all!

Chick, if you're checking in, I hope tomorrow is amazing!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:00 PM

Hey guys! It's been a little over a week now that he's been home and things have been pretty good. It's kind of weird because he's stuck in the house all the time. I didn't want to leave him for the longest time, but I guess we have to get groceries and I had to go to work at some point! haha. I'm happy he's here, although 6 months is probably going to drive him nuts! I think I'm getting spoiled though, because he makes dinner for me every night, cleans the house every day, he's always here and he treats me awesome! We're going to bake cookies, put up a tree and decorate for the holidays this weekend so that should be fun.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and I hope you all are doing okay!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:55 PM

Awe, thats so great Chick. Im so happy everythings coming together for you and your man. 6 months no doubt will suck, but if it gets to the "cabin fever" stage, just remember what y'all went through to get him outta there and home to you!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 AM

Default Hello Ladies

Good Morning Ladies,

I haven't checked in for awhile. It's been kind of quiet in here.

Chick - I am so happy for you and your man. I am glad he made it home safe and sound in your arms. The six months will be hard but not as hard as if he was still in DOC hell. If he gets cabin fever just have him imagine what is was like inside and he will snap out of it.

Jeb's - I am praying for you girl.

Jeff's - I hope you are feeling much better.

Ok, so I went to see him Saturday the visit was good. But I got a problem. There is the other inmate that is always in there when I go to visit him. His girl comes on my same two visiting days every week. Well anyway, the last four times I have been there I have noticed him looking at me. I always have our Goddaughter with us when I visit and my roomate sees one of his friends so we alternate with the baby so they can have some alone time so I thought the noise from the kids was drawing his attention, well that is not the case. On Saturday, all eyes were on me. He was staring at me and then when I kissed J goodbye he had this pissed off look on his face. Then when he kissed his girlfriend goodbye he was facing me and he winked at me. When we were walking towards the trash can he made it a point to say good bye and winked again. Ok, so I didn't say anything to Jay right then cuz I didn't want him to get in any trouble and have our visits revoked but I am going to tell him tonight when he calls. Should I tell him? what do you think?

Help me Ladies.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM

Thanks everyone!!! It has been pretty great so far - it feels kind of like old times but BETTER! : ) I know he's still an inmate, but it's great to have him home - I love that he can welcome me home from work with a kiss and a hug every day and we can cuddle on the couch every night. This is a tough road ladies, but just hang in there...it's worth it in the long run! I honestly believe this time has strengthened our relationship and communication skills, so maybe everything DOES happen for a reason. Keep the faith! Remind your men that you believe in them and just hang in there...this too shall pass! (By the way, I'm finally getting some time to post again...it took me a minute, but I didn't forget about you all!)

Jays, I think you probably know your man well enough to make these kinds of decisions. You can probably guess how he'll react to your news, and gauge the way you tell him to suit his communication style. Here's the deal though, I think you need to tell him because you don't want this other inmate telling him something and him being blind-sided by it. Maybe get on the topic of visits or inmates or something and then say it in a casual kind of way like, "There was a dude in the visiting room who winked at me the other day - I thought it was kind of unusual" and then take it from there. If he asks questions, answer them. If he doesn't ask questions, then leave it alone and just ignore dude next time you see him. Don't make eye contact, don't look at him and don't encourage him. I suspect that if you ignore him, he'll find a new target!

Good luck!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM

Default Hello Ladies

Hello Ladies,

It is too quiet in this room.

Chick - I am happy for you and you were right I do know my man. I went to see him and I told him what happened during our last visit with the other inmate. He asked me why I didn't say anything then but I told him I needed time to process what actually happened in my mind and to figure out exactly how to tell him. He wasn't mad at me or anything but told me that he didn't appreciate being disrespected. He has so little time left that he isn't going to make an issue of it because he wants to come home. But he is going to let it be known the next time he is in the room with us that he sees him looking at me. Why are people so disrespectful? It is usually the women looking at him.

Ok ladies have a great week. The weekend is coming so visits are fast approaching. For those of you visiting be safe and happy visiting.

Jay's Lady
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 PM

Hi ladies, just popping in real quick. I hope everyone is doing well and is getting ready for Christmas, if you celebrate.

Chick, I'm so happy for you! I am glad things are going well!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Happy snow day ladies!!!
Ya'll stay safe!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hey all!!!!!

Chick I am so happy for you guys!
Jay's I told you what I would do. That sucks so bad girly!
Jebs Happy snow day to you too!

I have not heard from him since wed and with all the damn snow I can't see him til christmas!! I am freakin out really really bad right now! I hope he is ok

~FOREVER AND ALWAYS I WILL BE HIS~
Closed Thread