Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:16 PM

Your fiancée is one lucky man to be having you on his side. Good work. I hope that she keeps true to her word and sends you the birth certificate. All the best
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (12-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkkk2001 View Post
I have tried that they need a copy of his id card and like I said I don't have his id card and birth certificate or ss card cause he lost it. I can't get this online with id for him
He has the right to an identification printout, the prison has mugshot / ID it's apart of a demographic data, he has the right to request that document, make sure he states he is requesting the data for personal identification. He can ask or make a copy to keep for himself and mail one to you, so that you can send or scan that along with the form you are submitting for the birth certificate.

After my above note, I read through the entire thread, glad you guys figured it out.

My husband was released a few days ago without any photo identification at all - I was floored!! I have already been making calls and moves on how to help inmates found suitable for parole a system that helps their pre and post release smooth... we did a lot of parole prepping and still there was a lot missed, unknown, and if it's frighting for a parolee with loved ones by his side, I cannot imagine what this step is like for those who don't have anyone. The system is flawed underdeveloped... squeaky wheels get the grease... time to start making noise! My husband has to go through his transition back into society, but once he's on his feet comfortably we will be joining restorative justice groups, Life after Prison Groups, and help create a curriculum. Hopefully start a movement, help organize grants, provide support and awareness to lobby important rights.

Last edited by 408MoonGem; 12-09-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Old 12-09-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
He has the right to an identification printout, the prison has mugshot / ID it's apart of a demographic data, he has the right to request that document, make sure he states he is requesting the data for personal identification. He can ask or make a copy to keep for himself and mail one to you, so that you can send or scan that along with the form you are submitting for the birth certificate.

After my above note, I read through the entire thread, glad you guys figured it out.

My husband was released a few days ago without any photo identification at all - I was floored!! I have already been making calls and moves on how to help inmates found suitable for parole a system that helps their pre and post release smooth... we did a lot of parole prepping and still there was a lot missed, unknown, and if it's frighting for a parolee with loved ones by his side, I cannot imagine what this step is like for those who don't have anyone. The system is flawed underdeveloped... squeaky wheels get the grease... time to start making noise! My husband has to go through his transition back into society, but once he's on his feet comfortably we will be joining restorative justice groups, Life after Prison Groups, and help create a curriculum. Hopefully start a movement, help organize grants, provide support and awareness to lobby important rights.

Glad to hear your doing that and I hope things goes smoothly for ur husband. This is the first time I am dealng with someone in prision and I am learning alot if things and glad I hAve ppl like you guys on here to help. I only hope his mom comes threw for me. This is what she said to me

The only way it would let me to receive his birth certificate was to have it mail here... it is supposed to arrive here on Dec. 15th. I will immediately forward it on to you as soon as I receive it. We paid for it to be expedited, and no one needs to pay us back. ❤️

She lives in Minnesota and got the birth certificate from oklahoma. She says Minnesota gets mail on Sundays which I thought was weird that was what really made me question if she ordered it or not

That's what she sent me so hopefully she kept her word and once I get it in my hands I am going to probably cry and kiss it then surprise my man with it.

I told her once she gets it to take a pic of it and send it to me so I know she actually did it. And I saved her convos and stuff. Like I said she has a tendency to say she will do something then not do it or make up excuses. So I am nervous about it ..... I will keep u guys updated if I get it or not...

Last edited by jlkkk2001; 12-09-2019 at 06:33 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlkkk2001 For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (12-10-2019), fbopnomore (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 07:58 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 31,858 Times in 15,897 Posts

No one gets mail on sundays, unless its an express mail item, or from someplace other than USPS.
Packages yes, those do get delivered (depending on what type of package it is )
on Sundays but not mail, unless its an express mail item.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 12-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
No one gets mail on sundays, unless its an express mail item, or from someplace other than USPS.
Packages yes, those do get delivered (depending on what type of package it is )
on Sundays but not mail, unless its an express mail item.

When she says it will be expedited does thst mean it can come on a Sunday then
Old 12-11-2019, 06:57 AM
Donation Award 

Not sure about express mail, if they deliver that on sundays or not. Im pretty sure it IS delivered on sundays, but it may be different at your post office. Its been a long time since I worked on a sunday (almost a year since I worked at all!) But I recall working on Christmas my first year working there, and yes. also sundays.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 12-14-2019, 08:52 PM

After reading what she said does she seem like she actually got it or does it sound like she is lieing
Old 12-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Donation Award 

Guess you will find out today. (maybe)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 12-16-2019, 06:14 PM

Update I just asked if she got it yet and she says she didn't so now I am worried. Does she need anything from my man saying she's allowed to get it or not? She said she had it expedited and was suppose to come dec 15th but didn't show she lives in north field minnesota. She ordered it online last Sunday. So... should I wait longer or what should I do next
Old 12-16-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Guess you will find out today. (maybe)
Didn't get it yet does she need anything from my man allowing her to get it or not
Old 12-17-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkkk2001 View Post
Update I just asked if she got it yet and she says she didn't so now I am worried. Does she need anything from my man saying she's allowed to get it or not? She said she had it expedited and was suppose to come dec 15th but didn't show she lives in north field minnesota. She ordered it online last Sunday. So... should I wait longer or what should I do next
She doesn't need anything from him to be able to obtain his birth certificate. After all shes his mother and the person who gave birth to him. To be honest what she should have done when she applied for the certificate online was to have it sent directly to you so as not to cause any further delays. The other thing now is you might need to wait a few more days due to the festive season as the postal service might be maxed due to Christmas cards and presents etc.

Now like i had mentioned before try and get a POA signed by your partner giving you permission to act on his behalf you can send a certified copy of the poa and you'll be able to get a copy of his birth certificate that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (12-17-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Donation Award 

Ive gotten multiple copies from the county for my eldest son (he kept either misplacing them or losing them)
Never needed anything from him to do it.

Again, HE is gonna have to do it. His mom cant be depended on to. He needs to talk with his counselor. Make an appointment with him, or however its handled, put in a slip...
This is the way things are done. They take time. Its like that outside of prison too. You have to wait, get in line, pay a fee.

Encourage him to get the person handling his stuff in prison to start the process.
You cannot get his birth certificate. Either his father, his mother can. Since you've already been jerked around by his mother, consider her a dead end.
This is now on him to do what he needs to do, then he will have to wait til the counselor does their job, wait for the request to go thru the county office etc.....

That's my dog's nose art

Old 12-17-2019, 12:05 PM

The mom said she tried to put my address down to ship it to me but it wouldn't let her do it so she had to have it shipped to her then she is going to ship it to me. I did have my man talk to his consular they helped him get his id card and social security card he has those now. He was going to send a letter allowing me to get the birth certificate on his behalf but now he says that since he has those now he will wait til he gets out to get the birth certificate. Ugh..... sigh.... He has me down as his next of kin on his paper work at the prison

I will wait a while longer and see what his mom says it could be due to the holiday mail she said she is going to track it and see where it's at .

I had to talk to the high up in order for him to get his id card and social security card cause he says the consular was new and he didnt explain the paperwork to him properly and my man says he wasn't going to get it from some who doesn't know how to do there job right. Plus my man is stubborn to but I talk the superident and they sent someone to explain the paperwork to him properly so now he has those now.

I really hope he appreciates all this I did for him
The Following User Says Thank You to jlkkk2001 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-17-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 02:13 PM

Some appreciate it some expect it. one day you'll find one which of the two he is. But in the meantime just be proud of your self, your determination and your achievements in being able to help him out with limited resources at your disposal.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Ive gotten multiple copies from the county for my eldest son (he kept either misplacing them or losing them)
Never needed anything from him to do it.

Again, HE is gonna have to do it. His mom cant be depended on to. He needs to talk with his counselor. Make an appointment with him, or however its handled, put in a slip...
This is the way things are done. They take time. Its like that outside of prison too. You have to wait, get in line, pay a fee.

Encourage him to get the person handling his stuff in prison to start the process.
You cannot get his birth certificate. Either his father, his mother can. Since you've already been jerked around by his mother, consider her a dead end.
This is now on him to do what he needs to do, then he will have to wait til the counselor does their job, wait for the request to go thru the county office etc.....
Did you order online? And how long did it take to get it? My mans mom says she ordered his birth certificate from oklahoma vital records online she ordered it the week before the dec 15th. And was told it was to arrive expedited shipping on Dec 15th. But it hasnt gotten to her yet. Could it be due to the holiday mail. Or did she not order it all she has a tendency to say she will do something then don't do it. Every time i ask her if she got she tells me no and to be patient.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:20 AM
Donation Award 

One of them I drove up to the county offices and came home with it.

The other one I simply wrote a letter and included a check for the copy (cheap, like 3 dollars or something) with all the info they would need.
(this was before internet)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 11:07 AM

Update still waiting the mom got nothing yet and its hard to know if i believe if she ordered it or not now.. was suppose to get to her dec 15th but hasnt come yet i only hope it comes soon. I only hope she isnt pulling my leg on this
Old 12-20-2019, 12:06 PM

And update she finally got his birth certificate in the mail yesterday...and sent me pictures of the copy of it that she got... then she said she went to the post office that day and and had it mailed to me she said i should get it by monday!!

Thanks to all the support and advice everyone has given me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlkkk2001 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-20-2019), sidewalker (12-22-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 01:37 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Thanked 1,247 Times in 671 Posts

I can get my partner's birth certificate and social security card but we are legally domestic partners. I think he can have a notarized letter sent to you to get for him.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:06 PM

I got it today the mom stated on thurs she sent it priority mail and i have it finally
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jlkkk2001 For This Useful Post:
Born (12-25-2019), fbopnomore (12-25-2019), sidewalker (12-25-2019)