Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > 911 > Prison Petitions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Petitions Post all petitions here.

View Poll Results: Have you signed the Federal Prison Work Incentive Act?
Yes, I support it 100% 138 59.23%
No, don't care to 2 0.86%
Not sure what it is (please read below) 50 21.46%
I will now that I know it exist. Thank you 43 18.45%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 PM

Signed in support of it
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 05:29 AM

I signed it!! as well as a couple of others!!

Thanks for all you do!!!

SorryNSad
Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
thomas+christina=truelove

this seems like a great source of information ... great place to get started .. lots of good information ..from those who are experienced and know the proper steps to take thank you for all of this insiteful information ..
Old 12-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks to Kahnsgirl for putting this information together. Please if you haven't had a chance to write or email your rep. it can really make a difference.
Thank you!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:28 PM

I signed it too!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to hayesb2 For This Useful Post:
jaredmommie (01-04-2010)
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 AM

I have already signed a petition for this particular bill. Also, please contact your states house representative. A one on one meeting is ideal, but you can email, or phone. We must ALL do what we can to help get this bill passed. Even if your man is only in for a short stint. I encourage everyone to get involved. Also, be on the lookout for a bill "The common sense bill". I hear it is about to be presented to Congress and it basically gives Federal Judges a little more discretion when sentencing based on the USSG. This will help for all of us who are out there and are being affected by the very harsh sentencing enhancements (I.E ACCA OR CO). We need everyone's support and appreciate it!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Waiting for my King

My baby isnt in for a fed crime but i think anyone who is actually trying to change and become a better person deserves that chance as of my vote on the site it is 222 for 23 against so it seems most ppl agree
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I'll be seeing you....

If you go to Change dot org / ideas / browse / criminal justice ( Sorry I can't add links yet ) it's in 15th place at 169 votes titled Increase Federal Good Time Allowances. It's part of the new Ideas for Change in America. Let's see if we can get this bad boy to 5th place by the end of Feburary, all we need is another 204 votes so let everyone you know, know about this and cast your vote. Even if you voted on another site let's try this one.....Even if your loved ones will be home soon think of all of ours that won't be, we need them home to be a family again. Not wasting away some place so far away it cost us everything we have just to maybe see them 2x a year.....Good Luck and God Bless us all ***HUGS*** and Thank You Kahnsgirl for starting this

Here is some light reading and what this could do for us....sorry had to edit the site name

About Ideas for Change in America

What is Ideas for Change in America?

Ideas for Change in America is a crowd-sourcing competition that empowers citizens to identify and build momentum around the most innovative ideas for addressing challenges our country faces.

This is the second annual ideas competition powered by Change dot org. We launched the first competition immediately following the 2008 presidential election, during which time people across the country submitted more than 7,500 ideas and 650,000 votes.

How it Works

Beginning January 20, 2010, individuals and organizations everywhere can go to www dot change dot org/ideas to (1) submit ideas for change they want to see implemented, (2) discuss these ideas with others, and (3) vote for their favorite ideas from around the country and promote them across the web.

During the first round of voting, ideas will be organized into 20 different issue-based categories. First round voting ends at 5pm ET on February 18th, at which point the three top ranked ideas in each category will advance to the second (and final) round of voting, starting February 22, 2010. In this final round, all 60 qualifying ideas (top three in each of 20 categories) will be in open competition. The final round of voting concludes at 5pm ET on March 4th, and the 10 most popular ideas at the conclusion of voting will be named winners – the “Top 10 Ideas for Change in America.”

The Top 10 Ideas for Change in America

To formally announce the winners, Change dot org will host an event in Washington, DC, where each of these top 10 ideas will be presented to representatives of the media, the nonprofit community, and to relevant officials in the Obama Administration. After the announcement, Change dot org will mobilize the full resources of our staff, our 1 million community members, and our extended network of bloggers to support a series of grassroots campaigns to turn each idea into reality.

Last edited by MJKGIRL; 02-07-2010 at 09:03 AM..
Old 02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll be seeing you....

Ok, in 8 hrs we have gone from 15th place to 13th we need to get to 3rd place by Febuary 18th get all your friends, family members and whoever you come in contact with just to click a button, that's it...together we can do this and bring our loved ones home in 65% of the time instead of 85%.....all we need right now is another 191 clicks......GOOO GOOOO GOOOO ...I know I want my man home like NOW how about you doesn't matter if your loved one is gone for 6 months or 60 yrs every day you're without your love one counts...so let's go get em...

Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM

thank you so much for this information. i really need my baby home asap
Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 PM

Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,699 Posts

Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/ideas/view/inc...ime_allowances

It's currently in second place - so cast your votes!!! You can also add it to your facebook news feed and twitter, pass it on....

Last edited by kima; 02-24-2010 at 11:40 PM..
Old 03-05-2010, 07:18 PM

yes and there is another website as well, let me search for it and I will post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Donation Award 

I am 100 % for this bill to pass. I pray one day soon we will see Good time put in the fed system. to many people doing way to much time.... so many hurt love one's for way to long ..
Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 AM

Default I'm curious what happened since then? Any word back?

Can you give me an update? I was wondering if I should start writing some people as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THINGY View Post
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFORMATION MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN MENTIONING IT TO ME BUT NEVER WITH ANY DETAILS...AS SOON AS I READ YOUR THREAD I E-MAILED MY REPRESENTATIVE TO FIND OUT MORE AND WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP...THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:05 PM

I'm glad to see people taking a stand for what they want I too want my man, and other famiy membes to get out of jail, keep up the goos work and I will go and sign the petition, and please go on my sight and sign the petition to help save the innocent. Thank you
Old 05-21-2010, 10:40 PM

Default Good Conduct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khansgirl View Post
3/12/2009--Introduced.
Federal Prison Work Incentive Act of 2009 - Amends the federal criminal code to allow reductions in the prison term of a federal prisoner whose record of conduct shows that such prisoner has substantially observed all prison regulations and has not been subjected to punishment.
Allows the Director of the Bureau of Prisons to grant a reduction in a prisoner's term for actual employment in an industry or camp or for exceptionally meritorious service or for performing duties of outstanding importance in connection with institutional operations.
I've signed the petition and contacted my representatives and do try to keep up with any new legislation that can lead us in a more sane direction. I don't know if you can answer my question but here goes... my son has been in the SHU since March for what he is telling me is an accidental injury. He incurred a broken bone and has been in a wheelchair because of it. I am hoping that it won't count as punishment and disqualify him from the act if it passes. They have told him they are investigating and now are saying he will probably be transferred. You mentioned being subjected to punishment is a disqualifying point and being in the SHU sounds an awful lot like punishment to me but he didn't do anything to anyone ...I've asked him if he is in Disciplinary or Administrative holding but I don't think he knows. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 04:43 PM

being in the SHU is not punishment. What is the reason for the broken bone. he's probably in SHU for his own protection and not because of punishment. SHU is used a security tool. Not Punishment.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:00 PM

I have voted and wrote... Do we have an update on what is going on with this bill?? It is my understanding (the last time I checked) that this bill is still in committee and the likelihood of it moving past that point is slim. *sigh* Also, it is not retroactive... So any good time our love ones have earned before the bill is past does not count. PLEASE tell me there is some positive news?? My hubby has 6 more years left... I want him home!!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 AM

Does this apply only to prisoners in FEDERAL prisons, or does the bill for reduction in time apply to prisoners in STATE prisons also?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Ok guys, check this out. I have found Prison Talk to be a source of comfort because it's socially fullfilling to me. Although I love chatting with you all, my main focus is my man. I see that most of you talk about how much you love your man. I want to know if you have taken the time out to sign the petition that can potentially bring your man home before his actual release date. My man has been in prison for ten years and if they pass that law, his time will be served. So, I tell everyone that I know that has a loved one in federal prison to sign this thing so that we can all be reunited with our loved ones. I may be in the chatroom, and I may even talk witha few of you over the phone, but I can bet YOU my two front teeth, that I read up on the situation with my man. I educate myself on stuff, I share with others, I attend town hall meetings, I called President Obama's office (I got the secretary to pass it on), I emailed a State Representative of my local House of Rep ( he emailed me back saying that he supports my petititon), and I track this law. What have you done to help your loved one? If you can say that you have done nothing, then you must don't want him home with you. I'm not bashing anyone, but I speak my mind in a respectful way. I want my man home and trust me that he knows how lucky he is to have a woman that loves him as much as I do. I am the luckiest one and that's why I do all that I do for him. I don't want a trophy or cookie for it; I just want my man. If you haven't yet signed this act, then get up on your act and do something instead of crying about how much you love him, but do nothing to help him.

To any of you that don't know about this act...... (HR 1475) (You can also Google this to readup on it)

It is a work release program that will allow federal inmates to earn "good time" credits and will reduce his sentence. There is a forum in here that shows you how to calculate his good time. I used the calculator and if the law is passed, they have to release him. Go to http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1475/show and show your support to make this happen.
"together we can bring our loved ones home for good"

Yeah I signed it (my man sent me a copy), and sent an email to the Rep. of my state. I just got a generic email back.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:32 PM
PRAYER IS POWERFUL

I have already sent emails to the representative and the house. I will send an email to President Obamas office as well (did not know that was an option) also to my governor. I fully support this bill and hope it will be passed soon. Pray pray pray God can do anythng if we just believe!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:15 PM

God's speed.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Default sign

Quote:
I know that it has, but if you'll look at the poll above; it show's that most knew nothing about it. It was introduced in March 2009, so no it haven't been around long. It was in affect back in the 80's, but they are looking to bring it back. Have you signed it since it's been around a loooooooooong time?
where do you sign it at
Old 10-28-2010, 06:13 PM

My fiance, was convicted to a 20-year mandatory minimum sentence and has served 9 years now, if they made the crack law retroactive he could petition to an early release. Please help by signing the petition even if u don't have ur loved one incarcerated right now. sometimes life is cruel and unpredictable and u never know wat can happen. (God forbid)
Old 11-13-2010, 08:46 PM

Default don't give up hope

Everyone! Congress will be back in session on November 15th. Write, Petition, Call, BEG your representatives!! Let's not give up on our loves ones! Also, lets bring back some sort of justice back to our justice system!!!