Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 AM

Default Eligible for parole after only 2 years?

I recently looked at Louisiana's DOC parole dockets for 2012 and I am a little perplexed about one person that is up for parole, as his charge is the same as my fiancé's.

Ok, so this person was arrested two years ago for armed robbery w/use of a firearm. He is 21yrs old now...I looked around and found that he committed the crime a month before his 18th bday and was given a 10 year sentence. So in 2009, he was sentenced to 10 years for armed robbery. The DOC website shows him up for parole in January!! Am I missing something?! Are people that were 17yrs old at the commission of the crime adhered to a different set of parole eligibility laws?

Thanks in advance! If this is something an attorney was able to pull off, all I know is that I need to find out who this guy's attorney is!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 11:56 AM

If it is an armed robbery conviction, then by statute, the sentence is without probation, parole or suspension of sentence. I really doubt that someone convicted of A/R is eligible. Could it be that there was a plea to something lesser? Give me the docket information: Which day, facility, etc so I can chase this down. This is NOT something that a lawyer can pull off. If it is really an armed robbery conviction, it has to be a mistake unless it was from before 1997.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbrn View Post
I recently looked at Louisiana's DOC parole dockets for 2012 and I am a little perplexed about one person that is up for parole, as his charge is the same as my fiancé's.

Ok, so this person was arrested two years ago for armed robbery w/use of a firearm. He is 21yrs old now...I looked around and found that he committed the crime a month before his 18th bday and was given a 10 year sentence. So in 2009, he was sentenced to 10 years for armed robbery. The DOC website shows him up for parole in January!! Am I missing something?! Are people that were 17yrs old at the commission of the crime adhered to a different set of parole eligibility laws?

Thanks in advance! If this is something an attorney was able to pull off, all I know is that I need to find out who this guy's attorney is!
The Following User Says Thank You to knordyke For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 12:31 PM

You're exactly who I was hoping would respond! I'm going to private message you the info (in case someone on here knows this person). Thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:03 AM

The docket sheet was in error. His actual offense of conviction was conspiracy to commit armed robbery which does not fall under the 85% rule as a crime of violence. Hope this clarifies it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbrn View Post
You're exactly who I was hoping would respond! I'm going to private message you the info (in case someone on here knows this person). Thanks!