Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

View Poll Results: When will your inmate be back?
3 months or less 130 31.86%
3 months to a year 86 21.08%
1 to 3 years 95 23.28%
3+ years 97 23.77%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2014, 08:37 PM

were going to our honeymoon in FL in 2015. Were going to save money and take it day by day bc he will be on probation for a while...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Dgwa
Donation Award 

Oh My god we have 59 days left and no one will believe me when I say all I have for him is a couple new clothes and plenty new ravens shirts for us to watch nfl hahahahahahahaha really I don't have nothing plan and I won't plan NADA since I want everything to be bacc da same as before he left .... I'm planing on changing jobs before he gets off that way I will have VaCATIOn time to spend quality time with him .... I'm so nervessss an still have 59 days left hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
julzb (08-13-2017), newatthis88 (06-08-2014), Scooby6773 (06-08-2014)
Old 06-08-2014, 02:43 PM

Well my honey comes home Wed morning. I will be there to pick him up from the bus station at 6:30am. We didn't live together before and will not be now either. He will be staying with family. I do as well. Anywho our plans are to go get breakfast, go by his mom's work so he can see her real quick then go to his house so he can change, get his wallet, etc. Then he wants to get his hair cut. Later we will visit with my family a lil then we are getting a room. Heehee. I got him some goodies, like candy, a few shirts, some cologne, then some little things like razors, shaving cream, deodorant, etc. The next day we'll go see his probation officer and get all that squared away. I miss him so much. Can't wait!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newatthis88 For This Useful Post:
jeswannabhiswyf (10-21-2014), julzb (08-13-2017)
Old 06-13-2014, 06:18 AM

Thanked 1,985 Times in 850 Posts

My MWI is down to just 11 months. I've already started filling his dresser drawers with socks and stuff. Biggest thing when he gets home is planning our wedding for next September. We are also planning a camping retreat to get away and really get to know each other and trips up to introduce him to my family. Of course we are listing all the things we have to do to get him up and functionaing, like drivers liscense, etc. Main thing is just planning to be together, letting him adjust to freedom after 9 years inside.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tried&True For This Useful Post:
julzb (08-13-2017)
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM
In His Space
Donation Award 

I want to wait a year before I start buying him clothes but it will definitely be in the making. And, then I plan to just start making my space into a place he can call him. I think if I start late 2015 it would be good. Just hoping for the best. But, I know how excited I'm going to be when I do go get him a few things. I plan to put him some money to the side to because I am sure there are some things he'd like to purchase on his own. And, lastly when I have the official out date I'll go him a phone the day before. I want to keep things fairly smooth for myself and him.

The Following User Says Thank You to Luvs__iridescent For This Useful Post:
julzb (08-13-2017)
Old 09-23-2014, 03:47 PM

PJ I think you have a good game plan. Mine will be home in about 8 months so I've been thinking about whether I should start buying some things. I'm thinking I'll start buy a little here and there. I thought about making him a care package for when he comes home filled with all kinds of goodies and necessities. He would love that! Just thinking of it makes me excited. It's definitely something to do to pass the time!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweetycakes For This Useful Post:
julzb (08-13-2017), Luvs__iridescent (10-22-2014)
Old 10-21-2014, 11:23 PM

Thanked 1,236 Times in 629 Posts

So far, he has a home to parole to, clothes and shoes to wear, and praise God, a job lined up and waiting for him to come home. Right now he's studying for his NC driver's license so he can take his road test the day after he's home. I also send him books on brick laying, tiling, flirting, etc as his job will be working in home improvement. My goals are to get new job, save some money, and grow my stockpile of non perishable items.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeswannabhiswyf For This Useful Post:
julzb (08-13-2017), Luvs__iridescent (10-22-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Donation Award 

My hubby wants to take a trip back to where we spent our honeymoon! I am so for that, saving money up. Even won $50 recently off a lottery scratcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyBlu For This Useful Post:
julzb (08-13-2017)
Old 11-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Female-xtraordinare

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

J will be home in 24 days, I have already reorganized my apartment, bought him clothes, and I am in the process of moving stuff from his mom's to ours. Congrats to all of you who have you loved ones home.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:36 AM

I have to be the worst one in this category. He will be at the HWH in less than 2 months and I haven't done anything. In my defense I'm in school right now and we just got back together after being separated for about 5 months. I'm planning to pick him up at the prison and drive him to the HWH. My understanding is that I'll be able to take him to the store the next day to buy things that he needs so we'll do everything together. I have to find a place where he will be able to live with me after he's sent home on HC, but other than that I don't have anything planned.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Donation Award 

Oh, 2014isouryear, I wouldn't say you haven't done "anything"! Being there for him, now and when he gets out is quite a bit!
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyBlu For This Useful Post:
2014isouryear (11-16-2014)
Old 05-26-2015, 11:57 AM

I finish graduate school in December and I need to lose weight lol! This worrying and grad school took stress eating to a new level! Other than that, just taking It a day at a time
Old 05-26-2015, 02:08 PM

Been getting little by little. In June I plan on finishing things up. I don't want to be last minute doing things. I'm also in school earning my degree. So I wanna have things ahead of time. I'm taking vacation the first week he comes home but will still have school. So excited and ready!!!!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Coopers disciple

We have no idea, maybe soon, maybe never, depends if he gets paroled or not.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:03 PM

Thanked 1,460 Times in 958 Posts

I've been preparing since day one. I'm ready for him to be home but we have a bit of time left. Still excited.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 AM

Wow! Kind of looks like not too many people post here so I wonder if people dont make it to the end day or what. But my husband got a reduction and is coming home in 2 years and 4 months which is way better then the 10 years we thought he would have making us both so old. He has been down for over two decades. But, he still makes my heart skip a beat and I love and miss him so much. I havent seen him in some time. He wants me to wait til he gets moved out of where he is to another prison or halfway house or whatever transition they have him in. Praying for him to come home quickly after his release. I think we are both a little scared. He thinks a halfway house is good to help him transition and I have to remember all the years he has done and all that it has done to him. But I dont think halfway houses are great at all and just want him hoe. I now after all these years the noise of our grown children and me could be overwhelming so finding a quiet space somewhere in our home or outside of it in a work area is optimal. But, space doesnt always permit. It looked like last year he might get out any moment but you now how they have different math at the BOP then in the rest of the world. I bought him just one outfit, wallet band belt. I do want to go buy a small dresser and start getting some clothes on sale when I can. It makes it so real somehow and through all these years you loose some hope and it makes it hard to believe it will really happen. But, I do want to be prepared. Just with maybe 3 outfits because I want him to pick out some of his own things. He said really garage sales and good will is fine. Clothes dont mean so much to him now. But, you can get clearance as cheap as good will. A little bit scared. I am super sick needing a transplant and dont keep things up as well as I should. I will be blessed to still be here when he gets out but I am optimistic. I guess that is part of the reason it is so hard to plan for his release. Just knowing that things could change with my health. But, I do need to plan for it and put away some money for his homecoming and all the expenses. Part of that being the monthly fee while on parole, drivers license, other costs of getting started. I figure start putting a little away in that new wallet I got him when I can. Prayers needed here that since I need a transplant I will get approved for SSDI. I can be frugal and save if I have that. I wish all of you the best on your home comings. I really am excited but anxious too. If he were home life would be so good though and I think of his warm arms at night and his soft kisses. I havent been kissed by him in over a year. Thats a long time. Night!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julzb For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-12-2017), K6770 (08-13-2017), Tatiana23 (08-14-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 05:00 PM

i can't believe i just voted/poll on the "less than 3 months answer."selection. I can't believe it. pero...(but)we are ready! I know i am. He does not want any;

1.)Loud noise lmfao(he say he will NOT miss the very loud aggressive noise in the prison system at all.Nope.)So,no noise.
-
The only "loud noise he wants to hear and mi self es ummm...#WarmSoftKissesLoveMakin'MeandHim after years of longing for each other,in ways most of us here would...wink.wink.Love making might wait til our "Favie holiday"xmas occasion, (Christmas eve night/and or to bring in the new year winter 2018,on new year's ya know.):smile: But definitely take mi bestie/bff/fiancee to a clothing store.He is so cute.Saying, from "walmart" i do not care ma.Just a few outfits.I am already getting it done and will let him go in with dinero $$$ to choose 1st time in OMG! 11 years almost,buy his own kicks(probably jordan's nike,)or tims (timbalands)too.winter stuff.
-
2.)We definitely shall lay in our nice soft Queen size bed,and just hold each other,for nights/days on end.(Weekend)til' he es out the 1/2 way house and

3.)Take a drive though 1st or 2nd weekend shall be also our 1st Road-Trip together.No one else.He said just him and i.No one else allowed.NO BODY. (He always remind me of this) and the road-trip shall encompass me and him,going to lovely NC., simply, to visit the folks in NC.He want to ask them,
(so sweet)for mi hand en marriage.Even though i am older decade or so older,he want to ask dad/mom for mi hand in marriage. He clearly is a young man late 20s,with an old soul...
Gotta love em! Old fashion ways=mature young man. I have faith both of us,with history/bond cemented/built,that we will be ok.God is good.Hugs and Blessings to all.
Pero, we will still have our cold winter nights each weekend.
#snuggling each wknd,til home.
-

Last edited by a.rare.love; 09-12-2017 at 05:06 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
CR2016 (09-13-2017), julzb (09-13-2017), Texasflower08 (10-05-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 10:58 PM

I just started buying Personal hygiene stuff and a few new shirts. Next month i have to get his clothes out of storage and wash them and put them in our room.
The Following User Says Thank You to Texasflower08 For This Useful Post:
julzb (09-13-2017)