Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:16 AM

Question FI-5 IPTC Parole decisions

I received an FI-5 though I have no drug or alcohol related cases. Iím 40 years old & I donít smoke cigarettes nor weed or drink alcohol or do any other drugs. During my IPO interview she asked if I ever drank & I said yes, as a teenager & I smoked weed as a teenager yet I hadnít touched either of those in 20 years. I was shocked when I got an FI-5 despite a drug counselor recommendation that I didnít need treatment. Iím now going through hell at these TTC/Halfway Houses as Iíve been to 4 different ones in 5 months. I have a job, verified address, car, money in savings. Anything I can do to get this overturned as it seems criminal to force someone through these programs when youíre not an addict.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2017, 07:44 AM

Thanked 10,068 Times in 5,622 Posts

What is in the criminal history and what was the rationale of present offense(s) that you gave at intake and to the IPO. Also, what drug and alcohol history did you give to medical personnel? Yeah, that ALSO gets reviewed...and through the years, I have seen LOTS of differences between medical and the intake/IPO case summary claims.

Also, is this the first time in TDCJ and if not, what were the previous offense/rationales?
Old 12-11-2017, 09:12 AM

Unhappy

This was my 1st time down & my charges were evading arrest/vehicle & false information for a car loan. Iíve made 6 figures verifiable since 2005 through taxes so there is no rationale that I might have committed these crimes for drug money. I gave everyone from start to finish the exact same drug & alcohol history. These programs are clearly for current addicts & Iíve never been. They easily do a hair sample & see the truth but they donít care. They just want the money so Iím constantly getting misdiagnosed. I plan on driving to Austin & camping out & speaking with everyone in person & pleasing my case. Iíve climbed as high as the Regional Director Jacqueline Dickerson & Deputy Director of Parole Pamela Telkie & they donít care at all. They keep reconfirming what the ďboard of pardons & Parole saidĒ yet the field had the power to modify my conditions. So Iím just gonna go to the Board myself.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,099 Times in 611 Posts

Good luck with that.....

Hard lesson I’ve learned is anger and a condescending attitude get us NOWHERE fast with anything related to TDCJ.

But seriously what is the issue? I can imagine just how many guys would love to be in your shoes. Many would take any program offered just to get out, and hey the information/education could be useful someday. You never know where life may take you.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:50 PM

Who said I was gonna be angry or condescending? Did u read the part where I’ve been to 4 facilities in 5 months? They keep kicking me out for BS reasons & sending me back to county jail for 30 days & starting me over in their programs. Hard to get reacclimated to society under this nonsense. I guess there are guys who committed murder or some other harden crime who would love to get any FI- vote yet I didn’t make their mistakes. It’s my 1st time down, BS charge & they are killing me with NA/AA Meetings for over a year now.
The Following User Says Thank You to HotTubTony For This Useful Post:
OnlyInTexas (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 09:42 PM

Hounding a regional director and even the Division Director for the Parole Division gains nothing because the Parole Division did not impose the Condition nor did they vote the case. The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles voted the case. And when they DID vote the case, they looked at the ENTIRE file, which also includes any and all misdemeanor offenses. If there was probation on any offense, felony or misdemeanor, then the MTRP's are also taken into account...

The 'verifiable' income is a red herring because the six figures clearly did not stop you from committing a series of errors, to include somehow having to lie in order to get a loan and THEN you compounded THAT bone-headed mistake by running from law enforcement at some point in time. I can easily see why the Board would have believed there is A LOT more to this story...

Further, the cognitive component of the IPTC and aftercare SHOULD have been providing assistance in addressing the very thinking errors that see you continue to do a shuttle between the HWH and jail (presumably on blue warrants).

Of course, if you continue violating the rules, then the revocation will stop the problem because then you will be back in TDCJ wishing you had just followed the rules and gone with the flow...

I will still hold to the opinion that there is A LOT more to this story and file than has been (or should be) disclosed here. It is not a case that I would be eager to take on if you were to have reached my office...
Old 12-11-2017, 11:55 PM

Angry

ďHoundingĒ as you say the field officers could result in something positive because they have the ability to adjust & modify parole conditions as they see fit. Some parolees have gotten assistance yet I just havenít ran across the right person at the right time yet. I will continue to do so professionally until my goals are reached. There is nothing drug or alcohol related in my file. Period. The behavioral component to these programs are a scam & joke at best. Everyone on earth including non criminals could use positive behavioral improvements so that does not justify misdiagnosising anyone & sending through these programs. Obama & Bush both did drugs, should they go to these programs? My crimes were committed 8 years apart & not even related. My lie was that I was employed instead of the truth of me being self employed as banks view employee income as more stable than that of a small business owner. I donít condone my mistakes but millions of ppl falsify info on loan & job applications everyday & it hardly warrants going through drug treatment. You would not be someone I would be eager to pay to help as you sound like most other jackasses in this flawed system who believes all felons are incapable of being honest & that the system is perfect. Iím not gonna waste anymore time talking about these power thrusting scam halfway houses. If you were falsely sent to a sex offender program, would you want someone to help right that wrong or read idiot responses about how you can learn something from the sex offender classes???
Old 12-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,099 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTubTony View Post
ďHoundingĒ as you say the field officers could result in something positive because they have the ability to adjust & modify parole conditions as they see fit. Some parolees have gotten assistance yet I just havenít ran across the right person at the right time yet. I will continue to do so professionally until my goals are reached. There is nothing drug or alcohol related in my file. Period. The behavioral component to these programs are a scam & joke at best. Everyone on earth including non criminals could use positive behavioral improvements so that does not justify misdiagnosising anyone & sending through these programs. Obama & Bush both did drugs, should they go to these programs? My crimes were committed 8 years apart & not even related. My lie was that I was employed instead of the truth of me being self employed as banks view employee income as more stable than that of a small business owner. I donít condone my mistakes but millions of ppl falsify info on loan & job applications everyday & it hardly warrants going through drug treatment. You would not be someone I would be eager to pay to help as you sound like most other jackasses in this flawed system who believes all felons are incapable of being honest & that the system is perfect. Iím not gonna waste anymore time talking about these power thrusting scam halfway houses. If you were falsely sent to a sex offender program, would you want someone to help right that wrong or read idiot responses about how you can learn something from the sex offender classes???
Humble thy self......
The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyInTexas For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 02:36 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,244 Times in 6,873 Posts

Quote:
You would not be someone I would be eager to pay to help as you sound like most other jackasses in this flawed system who believes all felons are incapable of being honest & that the system is perfect. Iím not gonna waste anymore time talking about these power thrusting scam halfway houses. If you were falsely sent to a sex offender program, would you want someone to help right that wrong or read idiot responses about how you can learn something from the sex offender classes???
While I understand your frustration with the system, you need to take a chill pill in here. You may not like the responses that you get in these forums, but you're not going to compare other members to jackasses or any other kind of name calling. The vast majority of members here have been for quite a while, and they've seen some things.

Now, welcome to PTO. Chill, brother....chill.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
ďHoundingĒ as you say the field officers could result in something positive because they have the ability to adjust & modify parole conditions as they see fit.
Parole officers apply the Conditions imposed by the Board. They DO NOT have the discretion to simply remove a Condition.

Where is is JUSTIFIED, they can prepare a transmittal to the Board and give the Board options that include modification or removal of conditions. However, this requires substantial compliance WITH the Condition and that simply isn't present here.

I believe others sufficiently addressed the rest of your diatribe.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
While I understand your frustration with the system, you need to take a chill pill in here. You may not like the responses that you get in these forums, but you're not going to compare other members to jackasses or any other kind of name calling. The vast majority of members here have been for quite a while, and they've seen some things.

Now, welcome to PTO. Chill, brother....chill.
Well from my experience from viewing this site from afar, most people were helpful with trying to come up with solutions to their problems. I didnít become a member to get berated as if Iím talking to a CO, PO, or Cop. Them being here a while has made them cynical. If they have no helpful positive advice then they shouldnít respond at all.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:09 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Parole officers apply the Conditions imposed by the Board. They DO NOT have the discretion to simply remove a Condition.

Where is is JUSTIFIED, they can prepare a transmittal to the Board and give the Board options that include modification or removal of conditions. However, this requires substantial compliance WITH the Condition and that simply isn't present here.

I believe others sufficiently addressed the rest of your diatribe.
Whenever you have a technical violation, you go to a hearing. The results of my hearing from the board were to continue supervision or modify conditions. I swear the ppl who respond have no idea what they are talking about, never been to prison or any similar situation yet have something to say.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Whenever you have a technical violation, you go to a hearing. The results of my hearing from the board were to continue supervision or modify conditions. I swear the ppl who respond have no idea what they are talking about, never been to prison or any similar situation yet have something to say.
And given the number of times you have had warrants issued and apparently gone to hearings and yet had the HWH Condition/Component remain in place, you KNOW the position of the Board. Clearly you have offered NOTHING in those hearings that was persuasive to them in terms of modifying the condition.

But hey, go ahead and continue to slam those who actually work in this realm and have decades of experience with the process, to include the representation of persons in the revocation process (on both sides of the hearing desk).

It also would not surprise me if my years of experience with the agency and in the representation of clients outnumbered the years you have even been alive.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 03:03 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,244 Times in 6,873 Posts

Quote:
Well from my experience from viewing this site from afar, most people were helpful with trying to come up with solutions to their problems. I didnít become a member to get berated as if Iím talking to a CO, PO, or Cop. Them being here a while has made them cynical. If they have no helpful positive advice then they shouldnít respond at all.
This is the last time I'm going to address this on the open boards, since it is Off Topic to your questions. If you wish to discuss this further using private message, please feel free.

This is the world wide web. When you post in an open forum, you can expect many different responses. It's like being at a buffet table. You take what you like, and leave the rest. You can't tell people not to respond to your post just because you don't like what they have to say. It really IS that simple. Good luck to you in your quest.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (12-13-2017), OnlyInTexas (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:51 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
And given the number of times you have had warrants issued and apparently gone to hearings and yet had the HWH Condition/Component remain in place, you KNOW the position of the Board. Clearly you have offered NOTHING in those hearings that was persuasive to them in terms of modifying the condition.

But hey, go ahead and continue to slam those who actually work in this realm and have decades of experience with the process, to include the representation of persons in the revocation process (on both sides of the hearing desk).

It also would not surprise me if my years of experience with the agency and in the representation of clients outnumbered the years you have even been alive.
Why all the assumptions? Why must it be ME, thatís done something wrong? Iíve had one warrant issued due to a counselor & facility lying & saying that I didnít have a pre approved pass to go home when in fact I did. Documentation beats conversation. I was transferred from Austin to Ft Worth to get closer to home but they started my time over. I wasnít in trouble or did anything wrong. Another time a halfway house lied & the Regional Director believed me & recalled the warrant yet transferred me to another facility. I have followed the rules to the letter & there is a lot that is not addressed due to time & space. Sad that everyone is so negative. If anyone has ever been to a hearing, they would know, itís a kangaroo court.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Why all the assumptions? Why must it be ME, thatís done something wrong? Iíve had one warrant issued due to a counselor & facility lying & saying that I didnít have a pre approved pass to go home when in fact I did. Documentation beats conversation. I was transferred from Austin to Ft Worth to get closer to home but they started my time over. I wasnít in trouble or did anything wrong. Another time a halfway house lied & the Regional Director believed me & recalled the warrant yet transferred me to another facility. I have followed the rules to the letter & there is a lot that is not addressed due to time & space. Sad that everyone is so negative. If anyone has ever been to a hearing, they would know, itís a kangaroo court.
What you call a kangaroo court is bound by the Texas Rules of Evidence. The Hearing Officers are trained in the application of caselaw on very nuanced elements of the hearing process. There are reasons I get people continued on supervision who absconded and even cut off SISP-imposed electronic monitoring units. There are reasons that I actually came close to getting a no-finding on a new State Jail conviction and where the hearing was being conducted IN THE STATE JAIL FACILITY!

In EVERY SINGLE ONE of your hearings, you had the opportunity to have given the Hearing Officer a basis upon which they could have recommended in their hearing report that the Board modify your conditions of supervision. That they have refused in EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE says you don't make a compelling case that you are improperly placed in the HWH environment.

When you are alleged to have violated conditions and go to jail, the time starts over. This is NOT a difficult concept to grasp. The same holds true with moving mid-term, just as it would for someone on electronic monitoring and where the new office wants a track record before recommending a discretionary release from the condition and submitting the transmittal to the appropriate Board Panel Office.

You have been to, what, a half dozen hearings? I've had months where I had more than a half-dozen on my calendar. In my career, I am conservatively estimating that I have been involved with better than thousand of the hearings. It is safe to say I have seen people like you on multiple occasions.