Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Tennessee that do not fit into any other Tennessee sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 PM

Default B~MacsGirl from Tennessee

Im just now getting a chance to say hello here due to being in constant contact with my boyfriends lawyer. Our story is posted on the main page under introduce yourself so i will just update what has happened in the past week here. He decided to take the plea deal of 8yrs @ 35% instead of risking 12-20yrs @ 100% if convicted at trial. Ive never been with anyone in prison and I know nothing so any advice you all have would be great. Can anyone tell me about phone calls? We have securus now. And will i be able to visit him when he goes for classification in Morgan Co.? Ive been told no cause we arent married yet. Any other advice you might have for a newbie would be great. He has served time before (7yrs) but that was before we got together so he is excited to get out of county jail. I know how it all works on the county level but im totally going into this prison thing blind. Im scared but im also looking forward to being able to hug and kiss him once he gets there.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 PM

I can tell you from experience that prison is another level all together. They will have more privileges than they have in a county jail. You can be on his approved visitation list as a friend in the prison system. Not sure about the phone; it depends on which company the prison facility uses. I hope this has been of some help to you. PM me if you need anything else. Can't post too much on here.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,021 Posts

When he is in classification...the visits tend to be very short and behind glass. Sometimes, not worth the effort even if they allow you.

Let us know where he classifies to.....my hubby is at Northeast.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:08 AM

Northeast is where he wants to go because its closer for me to visit....so we are keeping our fingers crossed. His atty said today they are gonna try to set his court date for him to take the plea deal for the 25th of this month. It will be a while yet before he goes for classification. The 7yrs he did before started out at Northeast and then he transfered to Southeastern in Bledsoe. Hes already got 2yrs behind him and if he doesnt get paroled he will still be home in 18-20 months. I cant wait for that first tomis sheet to come in the mail so the countdown can begin. I think he said as far as phones go it will be global something. Is phone calls gonna be more expensive once he goes? Right now its like 1.75 per 15mins. We are lucky right now cause he can call anytime he wants sometimes its 8 or more times a day lol. Right now im looking for a new job so I can get us a new place to live away from this corrupt small town. Thanks for all the advice keep it coming!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Oh, I am not sure that a short visit is not worth it. To me it was. Just so I could see that he was as ok as could be with my own eyes.

Tims Wife
The Following User Says Thank You to JTJwife For This Useful Post:
Brian'slady (06-01-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B~MacsGirl View Post
Im just now getting a chance to say hello here due to being in constant contact with my boyfriends lawyer. Our story is posted on the main page under introduce yourself so i will just update what has happened in the past week here. He decided to take the plea deal of 8yrs @ 35% instead of risking 12-20yrs @ 100% if convicted at trial. Ive never been with anyone in prison and I know nothing so any advice you all have would be great. Can anyone tell me about phone calls? We have securus now. And will i be able to visit him when he goes for classification in Morgan Co.? Ive been told no cause we arent married yet. Any other advice you might have for a newbie would be great. He has served time before (7yrs) but that was before we got together so he is excited to get out of county jail. I know how it all works on the county level but im totally going into this prison thing blind. Im scared but im also looking forward to being able to hug and kiss him once he gets there.
Hey Macsgirl,
My hubby is also at MCCX. He just recently finished with classification. I did go visit him while in classification, I went down on President's Day so it wasn't very crowded, our visit lasted longer than an hour and it wasn't behind glass. I'm not sure about if you can visit or not if you are not married, you can check out the tn website for morgan co to find that out. The phone service is global tel link, when he is able to call you it will give you an option to use pre pay, like with a credit card. My husband was able to call me after he was there for about a week, I got a call and a letter on the same day. Our story sounds familiar in that my husband also did time before I knew him, he violated ended up in county, etc. So, I wasn't at all familiar with the prison system, but trust me you learn quick. There are many nice ladies on here that are more than willing to help with your questions and will be there for you just for support when you need it. If there's anything else I can help you with or you just want to chat pm me.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:32 PM

Thanks so much for all the info!! This site has been a life saver. Anytime i have a question i can usually look through old posts and find the answer i was looking for without even asking. Thank you all for the advice and encouragement!!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:35 PM

Thanked 2,971 Times in 1,905 Posts

Hey honey and welcome to pto.... I hope that you are finding your way around great

Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Welcome! I also have someone in MCCX if you have any questions. Hope you get all the help you need here. Someone can usually answer any question you have. I send a personal check toGlobal Tel Link. There is some kind of extra charge ($5) they told me, if you do a prepay on the phone with a credit/bank card. I've just done it that way ever since, but I've been doing it awhile, so it may have changed now.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 PM
waiting for my love

Ur story sounds like mine. My husband just got to MCCX today for classification. I have done the county thing with him, but we were not together when he was in prison before...so its new to me too. I know I get to still go to visit while my application is being approved, but does anyone know for sure if inmates in classification only get hour long visits-that's what the handbook said-and are they contact visits, or am I gonna have to imagine being able to touch him as I stare through more glass??