Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Connecticut prison and criminal justice systems.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Exclamation FYI: Walker on Lockdown for the next WEEK!!!

We were trying to get info on my brother today, and did find out that Walker will be on lockdown for the next week.

They told my mom that "nothing happened", this is a "yearly thing", where they lock down the prison, and "search everythign and everyone". Good grief!!!

So, anyone planning to visit this week, Id call before you drive up there if youre not close.

Still no definitive info on my brother. I did find out that hes "safe, physically fine, in restrictive housing - pending an investigation" but I dont know what that means. He could have been threatened, or threatened someone, could have gotten in a fight, maybe had a mental breakdown? WHo knows. I guess we wont until the investigation is complete? It sucks to sit here and not know anything!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Hi AKA,
My husband and I went there tonight. We were told that Walker will be open in the next day or two. They said to call first. We call every monday night before we go and tonight it just kept ringing, no answer. Went there and told on the driveway that there was a lock down. They also said MacDougall will have no visits until Saturday. Hope your brother is OK.
Tracy
Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 PM

Yes, I called Walker today bc I haven't heard from my boyfriend in two days (he usually calls every night) and was told that they will be on lockdown until Saturday! I felt like saying "what the hell, did a CO get killed or something??" That seems like such a long time for the inmates to not be able to make calls or have visitors. And my baby just got moved to assessment there, so they took his TV away bc I guess those cells have no outlets, so he's been going insane in there all ready - this really has to be killing him now. I hope this is just some kind of "yearly" thing bc I'd feel bad for whatever inmate/inmates acted up and brought this upon everyone else.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 AM

They do annual lockdowns at all the prisons. Some are longer than others but they usually last about a week. Hope that helps.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:54 AM

Walker is FINALLY off lockdown!!! Heard from my baby today at like 8:31am!!! lol Thank God though, because last week felt like the longest week of my life!! Amazing how just hearing his voice can make everything all better. Hope all the Walker ladies here get calls from their loved ones soon too! The wait is over!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 AM

does anyone know if walker is on lockdown again? i'm not in CT but hubby is there awaiting trail...any info would be a help since it seems that due process in the state of CT is just something they do with cheese

thanks in advance.

suz
Old 09-25-2007, 10:38 PM

As of this afternoon, Walker was not on lockdown. I got a call last night from a friend in there, and I also know that his girlfriend did visit him this afternoon as well -so as far as I know, Walker inmates are still making calls and getting visits . . . stuff that they wouldn't be doing if they were on lockdown. Hope that helps, but remember that it all could have changed within the last couple of hours, thanks to the unpredictable nature of prison lockdowns! Hope you hear from your hubby soon! Take care.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Update on Walker

Are they still on lock down now in NOvember 07?

Best,

JC
Old 11-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Question New to this, what is lockdown?

My best friend was sent to Walker and just today sent to Macdougall. What does lockdown mean? What happens to them during this? Any info is appreicated.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:01 AM

no they are not on lockdown now. that was for the week only. Sometimes they will lockdown for only 1 day. depends on the problem.