Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 AM

Default New to site, info on Davis CF

New to prison system. Ex-husband just arrived Davis CF in Holdenville. Received 16 yrs for 1st degree manslaughter due to DWI charge where the girl on bike with him died. This was his 3rd DWI, judge ordered programs and since nothing was ordered from the first 2 DWI's he will have a judicial review on 12-3-07. I'm not real sure what all that will entail but could be a good thing I'm told.

I am back in Texas where I am from, his drinking the reason I divorced him several years ago after 14 years but know the good man I married is still in there. I still love him and want the best for him so I will stand by him and do what I can to help him thru this and hopefully he will come out the better for it.

Looking for any and all info I can get on this facility. Can't count on his family for info so I have been following him online. I have been reading the forums since he was sent to LARC last month and has been a wealth of information. You have no ideal what goes on in the prison system until it touches you personally, I know I didn't. Now that I know where he is at could use specific info on this facility. Found the visitation info but what about mail, phone, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 02-16-2007, 07:22 PM

Welcome to PTO! You'll find lots of support and info here.

If you have specific question on the mail, post it in the phones, mail, sub-forum and I'm sure you'll get what you need. (I'm from MI, so I have lots to learn about how OK does things so I can't answer your question.)
Old 01-16-2008, 10:22 PM

Default Re: DCF

I don't know if this will be any help for you. Last year they got a new Warden and their old one Warden Ray went to Cushing. Since getting the new warden a lot of staff has came and gone...from what I heard he is pretty no nonsense and wasn't letting staff get by with a lot of the stuff that was going on with the previous warden. I also heard that they got rid of the man that was chief of security there for a long time about 3+ months ago which was well overdue and replaced him with a man that was Cpt then went to Unit Manager. He had retired from OSP and is a fair man.
As far as visitation. Make sure that you follow the rules regarding clothing because they are strict. Also I've seen them turn away children because they was no letter from the parent..even when they were with grandparents who raised them.
They almost always have a drug dog stiffing the parking lot on heavy visitation days. I had a friend who came to visit from out of the state and she got a rental call from enterprise. Tbe dog hit on it for weed. My friend is super religious and doesn't do anything like that. She couldn't visit that day and they were going to suspend her visitation but she talked to the chief and showed him of the rental car paperwork so he told her that if it ever hit on her car again that would be the end of her visits. I've seen several others get suspended because it hit on their car. They go thru the car and if they don't find nothing they still usually suspend you for 6 months. If they find anything in the car the cops will be notified and they will get you in the parking lot or seconds after you leave the facility. They also watch visitation quite closely on the cameras. They use to be super strict about only hugging at the beginning and end of the visit.
It used to be a somewhat good place to be..I don't know how it is since they are adding on and with the new warden. The big complaint I heard is the food. It is pretty much Turkey Turkey Turkey and Staph/boils was rampant. It seems like the older guys doesn't have much of a problem espicially if you keep yourself busy during the day..its the younger ones that have a harder time there.
If your ex is in the drug program I heard it is hard but ways a person can work it and get out sooner...my bf did when he was there. Hope this helps..send me message if you have anymore questions.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 AM

just wondering what happened with his review
Old 01-31-2008, 10:29 AM

I've heard the Aryans are taking over at Davis and making lives hell there. Anyone else hear this?