Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:56 AM

Default Help about receiving phone calls in Illinois

I am just wondering about phone calls in general. How do I set things up for him to call us? My step-son is in prison in Illinois and we just found out. We wrote him and gave him our number, now what do we do? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2006, 10:04 AM
WINNING! Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,878 Times in 10,462 Posts

He will put you on a list and once it is approved he will call you collect. I am in Illinois and so is my man. We are 8 hours apart and we get 30 minute phone calls for about 10 dollars and change. The billing in Illinois for the prisons goes through Consolidated. Depending on what phone company you use they will allow 50, 100 or 200 dollars worth of calls per calendar month. You can increase the amount over the phone with Consolidated by using a credit card for the amount you wish or by sending them a check or money order. In either case this is considered a deposit and is refundable once you close your account. I use SBC/ATT and they have the largest ($200) starting point. You can reach Consolidated at: 1 800 235-4416 M-F 8am to 5pm. Be sure to have his DOC number handy. Hope this helps.

Patty

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 07-03-2006, 05:50 PM

Thanks. Called them today and they asked for my number and they said it wasn't in there system yet and they would call me to set it up when my number comes through. They Would not talk with us or give us any info on charges.