Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

View Poll Results: Waiting
How many of you will wait the sentence full term? 215 88.84%
Have you cheated? 9 3.72%
Are you thinking of about to cheat? 10 4.13%
Do you already have someone? 8 3.31%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 PM

I am true blue to my man, he is the only one I want. I don't even look at another man, have no desire. I can wait
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 07:52 PM
His wife 4 life

I met my fiancee a month before he went in, on our last date i was in love with him but did not let him know, i wait on him becouse he has showed me what true love is, what it means and feel to have some one to respect and love you for how you are, i'v never had any one love me the way he dose, all my other relationships was all wrong no respect for me. i know our love is real, and i have waited faithfuly for him for 4 years now and we are in our last year he will be home this coming year. but my life has not been on hold i still live it i just have no desire nor do i want any other man, i gave my heart to him and that is were it will stay till he is home. he is the only one i want and need, so i have saved my self for him and he knows he can trust me no question ask. we all need love,support np matter where we are in life or in the world,God gave us hearts to love with we just choose to love those that is behide bars,i'm not ashame of my fiancee i tell people and if they want to judge let them for they no nothing of what i have with this man and to this day i would not go back and change a thing, i would do it again for he has giving me alot more then a man that is free.My Heart Lies behide Bars.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPrettiJackson
Wives & Longtime Girlfriends: I would like to know some feedback on "WHY" do we wait for these men? What does this say about us as women and as our character? Why do we often hide that are husband or long time boyfriend is in prison? What makes us wait?

For the WIVES (because I am a wife): Do you really wait and not have any sex or compassionate relations with the opposite sex (another man)? So when our husbands have 15 years or more how do you cope? Do you make him seem as though he is the only one but tend to cheat knowing that there is no definite date on when he is coming home?

I ask because my husband is doing 15 years and he comes up for parole in 7 (2018). However we were married before he went in and I love him and I am in love with him. But sometimes I am unsure if I will wait that time period because 7 years is a long time. And he looks at it as though its not forever and this is very "first" offense for agg robb w/dead weapon, but 7 years to me is forever. So am I wrong for being REALISTIC because he puts emotions in it and I DON'T I'm always realistic about the situation. I have not put myself in situations to cheat because I went before GOD, However, I don't think I will make this 7 year stretch in which I told him that already. I don't know whether to get myself out of this marriage or just wait!!! I'm 38 (45 when he comes home) & he is 26 (33 when he comes home). But he wants his marriage and he crys and just carries on because he was in love with me before he even went in. I just want to understand why do we do this what does this say about us as women or as a person. I guess I'm just having a moment and want to get some response on women who relate...Thanks so much...
If my husband committed aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, I wouldn't wait for him. He's not showing me love or honoring me or cherishing me by knowingly committing a crime like that. On the other hand, if he ended up in prison for something he couldn't help such as he is now on probation due to no job so couldn't pay his child support, I would wait for him. Just my opinion.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Banned

I wait for my hubby because he is my other half my best friend it doesn't matter what he did prison is where he is not who he is I will stand him regardless unless he commited a crime against me or our family when u love someone its supposed to be unconditional so there shouldn't be any question whether or not we would be here

~MISSING MI AMORCITO~
Old 12-28-2011, 09:10 PM

I wait only because I love him!<3
Old 12-31-2011, 09:52 AM
UNCONDITIONAL

I wait bc he is innocent! And bc Im IN love with him.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Team Cell

Because I'd rather b with him even if that means that he's in jail for a long time and I don't get to c him all the time than b with anyone else and have them in my life 24/7. He's my other half and without him there's no me. Its not easy but he makes it all worth it and still manages to put a smile on my face each and every day and is my rock. Besides we are officially tyin the knot Insha'Allah in few weeks so there's no turning back.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeedaBoo For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (01-14-2012)
Old 01-14-2012, 04:27 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaBoo View Post
Because I'd rather b with him even if that means that he's in jail for a long time and I don't get to c him all the time than b with anyone else and have them in my life 24/7. He's my other half and without him there's no me. Its not easy but he makes it all worth it and still manages to put a smile on my face each and every day and is my rock. Besides we are officially tyin the knot Insha'Allah in few weeks so there's no turning back.
Mabrouk (congrats) sis! Insh'Allah (God-willing), everything works out for you so that you can get the marriage done. May Allah bless your union!

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Old 01-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Team Cell

Thank you sis . It sucks that its under these circumstances but Allah knows best
Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erics4ever
I would like to know some feedback on "WHY" do we wait for these men? What does this say about us as women and as our character? Why do we often hide that are husband or long time boyfriend is in prison? What makes us wait?

My husband is a lifer (been away almost 15 years) I don't 'wait' I do everything I can to get him home, I do my best to be a great Mom, wife, sister, aunt, friend, daughter. To make myself a better person/improve things I feel could be better about myself. I live my life, it's not on hold. Being with my husband says that I am loyal, patient, understanding, a true friend. I never once told him I would only be around for the good times and run when things get bad. That's not me and never will be. We all have limits as to what we can/will deal with and as hard as this life is, it's not my limit. My limit will come when I take my last breath. I don't hide where he is, if someone has a problem with it, I could care less. Their opinion and $2 will leave me with $2. I have bigger concerns than to care about what others think about him when they don't even know him. My husband is Muslim and I am Christian. We are married under his faith and will be getting married under mine. As far as we are concerned, we have been married since we wrote/exchanged vows at 13. I loved the boy he was then, I love the man he is today, and I love the man he is yet to become. Most see the inmate but I see, love, cherish, adore the MAN. For me, trying to explain why I wait, is like trying to explain why I breathe.
I loved your post thank you so much for sharing!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:19 AM

Because he's not only my husband but my best friend.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:20 AM

I wait for my boyfriend and father of my child because i am absolutely head over heels in love with him I've never felt the way he makes me feel with anyone else. I am myself and for once in my life I don't have to apologize for being me. He's made my life complete and I miss him badly but i know he will come home soon he only had 4 months to go!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annamarie_0110
I wait for my boyfriend and father of my child because i am absolutely head over heels in love with him I've never felt the way he makes me feel with anyone else. I am myself and for once in my life I don't have to apologize for being me. He's made my life complete and I miss him badly but i know he will come home soon he only had 4 months to go!!!
Well thanks for sharing and lucky you that he'll be home in 4 months, I wish you the best. However, most of us ladies here husbands have long sentences of 5 years or more. 4 months is hardly anytime compared to 10 to 15 or even life, but thanks again for sharing.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 PM

He is my ACE.. And the father of my child. We have about 6more years to go. He is a stand up guy, he has taught me so much. I never knew love like this before.. This journey has brought my husband and I so close...

*Still Standing*
Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
He is my air

Reasons why I wait:

1. I love him
2. I'm not happy without him in my life
3. I'm very mean, cold hearted and bitter without him in my life
4. God made him just for me
5. It pisses ppl off {evil grin}
Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinscheri
I wait bc he is innocent! And bc Im IN love with him.
His innocents is one of my main reasons besides the obvious love I have for him
Old 01-25-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccss16
He is my ACE.. And the father of my child. We have about 6more years to go. He is a stand up guy, he has taught me so much. I never knew love like this before.. This journey has brought my husband and I so close...

*Still Standing*
I hope he comes up for parole the first time. I too have 6 more years, so my hysband & i will see how it goes. This is a journey I AGREE.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM

I wait because he is My soulmate/ middle school sweetheart he is My Heart an soul nobody could amount to him an i would never trade him for The World even in this situation he has me falling in love with him over n over. almost 4 yrs till i can hold him in My arms again

Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRaeBlue
Reasons why I wait:

1. I love him
2. I'm not happy without him in my life
3. I'm very mean, cold hearted and bitter without him in my life
4. God made him just for me
5. It pisses ppl off {evil grin}
Oh snap! Girl ,we have the exact same list! I almost spit all my soda out jst now! #5 is the best!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp17985

Oh snap! Girl ,we have the exact same list! I almost spit all my soda out jst now! #5 is the best!
I agree with your entire list. But most of all "BECAUSE I JUST SIMPLY LOVE HIM"....
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Account Closed

I do understand about how you feel it's a long time and unsure of how you will do it or if you even can. My man got a 9 yr sentence and his release date is 11/8/2015 which for me is no too far away. I've been with him through this whole thing and halfway through it I wondered if I should keep holding onto this man because it got really tough and lonely. I was sooo miserable for about a couple of months! But then I realized that if I moved on then I'd probably just waste some other man's time because my heart is with MY man. I wouldn't be happy regardless. So I decided to wait and since then I've felt like my love for him has been reconfirmed and renewed. I feel like my strength to continue on was strengthened. But WHY DO I WAIT? Because I love him very much like I've never loved before and becauase I truely believe that our relationship was put together and ordained by GOD. I feel that I was meant to go through this situation with him. Not that my life is on hold but I'm being created and discovering alot about myself, my abilites and seeing how other people act & think in different situations. I observe the world through different eyes being in this situation. WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT MY CHARACTER because I wait. It says that I'm not willing to pass up a blessed future with the man of my dreams because he messed up. WHY DO I HIDE the fact that he is in prison? Because I don't feel like I need to justify and explain my relationship. I don't feel like starting an argument by telling people that WE ALL could end up in prison just as easily! (my sister is in prison for an ACCIDENT) So anyone can end up in prison at any time. The only people I talk to about my relationship are a few at my church and a couple of friends who tell me "might as well wait for your handsome man because you won't find anyone better out here!" WHAT MAKES ME wait? Is knowing that God is so good that he made a man that perfectly fits the man of my dreams. That's how I know GOD really does exist and that's how I know that my man was really meant for me.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
MEAGHAN&amp;&amp;JUSTIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lindsey
I do understand about how you feel it's a long time and unsure of how you will do it or if you even can. My man got a 9 yr sentence and his release date is 11/8/2015 which for me is no too far away. I've been with him through this whole thing and halfway through it I wondered if I should keep holding onto this man because it got really tough and lonely. I was sooo miserable for about a couple of months! But then I realized that if I moved on then I'd probably just waste some other man's time because my heart is with MY man. I wouldn't be happy regardless. So I decided to wait and since then I've felt like my love for him has been reconfirmed and renewed. I feel like my strength to continue on was strengthened. But WHY DO I WAIT? Because I love him very much like I've never loved before and becauase I truely believe that our relationship was put together and ordained by GOD. I feel that I was meant to go through this situation with him. Not that my life is on hold but I'm being created and discovering alot about myself, my abilites and seeing how other people act & think in different situations. I observe the world through different eyes being in this situation. WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT MY CHARACTER because I wait. It says that I'm not willing to pass up a blessed future with the man of my dreams because he messed up. WHY DO I HIDE the fact that he is in prison? Because I don't feel like I need to justify and explain my relationship. I don't feel like starting an argument by telling people that WE ALL could end up in prison just as easily! (my sister is in prison for an ACCIDENT) So anyone can end up in prison at any time. The only people I talk to about my relationship are a few at my church and a couple of friends who tell me "might as well wait for your handsome man because you won't find anyone better out here!" WHAT MAKES ME wait? Is knowing that God is so good that he made a man that perfectly fits the man of my dreams. That's how I know GOD really does exist and that's how I know that my man was really meant for me.
This post helps me so much knowing someone can relate to what I'm going through.. My fiancé also doesn't get out until 2015.. At first I was embarrassed but now I just have to tell the truth. Moving on wont ever be an option anymore.

MEAGHAN&&JUSTIN
he's worth the wait

Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lindsey
I have been crying for 8months, missed him so much when he left me. And I use to wonder why do I cry so much, and I realized because I do love him and not to mention he is the best man I've ever had. I agree it is nobody business but ours. It's like I think of a million ways to change his position. But I certainly like your post and how you put everything in perspective because you are right in target with everything your saying.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:21 PM

I wait because I Love him.
I wait because he is the reason I wake up every morning.
I wait because he brought happiness into my life
I wait because I can't picture my life without him.
I made the choice to take this ride with him and so I WILL.
*A couple more months to go..... WISH THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU GUYS...
Old 02-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Anything Is Possible &lt;3

I love him, he loves me, no one ever treated me the way he did, he was always their for me regardless, he's the best I've ever had ! He means the world to me & before he went in he asked me to marry him(: YES!! Was the answer

Sent ipod PrisonTalk