Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:53 PM

13 more years...I work long hours to keep myself occupied and have a network of supportive friends
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Registered member

40 year sentence.

Hmm....he's been in for 13.

Only God knows.

It's hard. Sooooooo hard.

'Never give up.'

What we keep tellin' ourselves.

I miss him more than I'd miss the air that I breathe.

I would truly rather die now than not wait for him to come home.

We pray for God's grace.

-Mrs. T

Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 PM
FATZ'SWIFE

My husband fatz has been in prison for 6yrs. serving a 30yr. sentence. You can say the GOOD out weigh the BAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:08 AM

My man was senteced to 17 years-85%, and i will DEFINTELY wait. I could not imagine life without him. TRUE LOVE HAS NO TIME LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE'VE BEEN TO STRONG 4 TOO LONG
AND I CANT BE WITHOUT YOU BABY,
ILL BE WAITING UP UNTIL YOU GET HOME
CUZ I CANT SLEEP WITHOUT MY BABY!!!

FAITHFULLY WAITNG #96
WAITING HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES #43
2016 CLUB #5
Old 02-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Waiting patiently

So far he's been in for 4 years. He has until 2025.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
lilmoma_143

ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 3 YRS AND HAVE A 2 YR OLD DAUGHTER HE WAS SENTENCED TO 55 YRS IN NOV. 2005, FOR A CRIME HE DID NOT DO. OF COURSE WE ARE APPEALING BUT THAT COULD TAKE AWHILE. AT THIS POINT HE WILL NOT BE OUT UNTIL 2058..NO CHANCE OF PAROLE. I LOVE MY MAN AND KNOW HE WAS WRONGLY CONVICTED AND I AM GOING TO STAND BY HIS SIDE!!!!!

MISSING MY SOULMATE CLUB #10
WAITING TIL 2058 CLUB #1
THUGGED OUT BUT I LOVE HIM CLUB #39
WRONGLY CONVICTED CLUB #78

Old 02-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Closed

Im glad that Im surrounded by extradorinary woman that are gonna be strong like me. Tommy don't get first parole hearing til 2022!! Yeah, u read that right. Im strong because I know the love we have is like NOTHING I have ever felt. I don't believe I want him and love him because I know I can't have him but I know its real. I ache and long for this man and hold onto every word Tommy says. I found him when he was at his weakest point and at the bottom. He said "god" put me in his life and we were meant to be forever.

I hope to be NOTHING but strong come 5 even 10 til 15 years from now if it shall call for that. I just had to realize that I can't put my life on hold but I can still love him with all my heart and be faithful.

What we do Ladies is a heart rendering walk....not alot of ppl can and or even would. I know that real love conquers all.

I know we have that ultimate love. He told me "Bella, we haven't even slept together and I have the deepest love for u...that is how I know u are the one for me!"

Hes gotten thrown in the hole as of yesterday. It was said he "refused to work" as he works in the kitchen. This is my first time to ever be with him thru the "hole" phase. Ive been with him for 17 months and he hasn't seen the hole in over a year and what sucks is hes about to be up for a security review and one of the requirements was NOT to go b4 the RIB....and not to be in the hole for at least a year......however I think that is NOW shot. Sucks cause he can be held up to 15 days and here I got a visit in 11 days. However, his case manager did say that he should be out b4 then. Pray for me! I have to wait and hear from him. Just keep ya fingers crossed for me please ladies.

~Bella~
Old 03-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Account Closed

Well I dont know if I belong in this forum or not!
I hope I do because I cant seem to figure out sometimes where I exactly fit in!
My BF has 9 1/2 to 30 so it's not 10 but it might as well be!
he's been in almost 3 years now and we have 6 and a half to go! before his ERD
Praying for the good time bill to be passed in Michigan!

KarrieMI
Old 03-15-2006, 12:29 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,162 Times in 6,851 Posts

Welcome all the new ones!! GLad you are here!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Chris's Girl 4life

my man is in 27.5 years ...of a 55 year sentence (1 day counts as 2) but there are many things that can get him to come home sooner....like if this law is passed about 1 day counts as 3 and if he goes back to court to get more years taken off and time cuts....hopefully he only gets 10 years max...im hopeing

Maybe her laughter is a cry
<3<3<3<3 for help
and her precious smile is a symbol
for all of her insecurities
Old 03-30-2006, 03:51 PM

My Husband Has Been In Jail For 6 Months. He Has 21 Years To Go. Do You Know What I Can Do ??? Were Can I Call To Find Out His First Change For Parole.. In The State Of Va..
Old 03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,162 Times in 6,851 Posts

He should get a "time sheet" I know here in WV they give out those once every 6 months or soo telling time served, time left for parole etc...... If not then there should be a main DOC in Va for that, you might want to check the VA forum ! good luck!

Welcome to the Long haul ladies club!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

I'm in the "long haul" category, but I don't know if I will be posting in the 10+ much longer... my boyfriend called me last night and said...suprise suprise..he took a drug test beausr they informed him he will be "going before the board", for a possible early release! He only has a little over a year left of a 10 year sentence, so I find this very interesting. He said it could take up to 3 months... but then again any less time is more time of freedom..it's odd, he's been trying for judical release for 4 years!
So am I still allowed to post in the 10 + forums?? I do admit I like the people in this forum!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Rollercoaster Ride

My husband and I have known each other since before he went down, about 16 years ago. He asked his best friend, my neighbor, to write me after he was in about 5 years, (after I got divorced from my 1st husband), and we wrote and called each other, fell in love and then got married last September, so I've been with him over 10 years. In it for the long haul. :love:
Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Lil Nana & Gordito

My husband has done 11 years of a 15 year sentence, denied parole twice...

We have split up twice, during which time I had two kids. But my life always brings me back to him, like this magnetic pull that I cannot fight. I'm sure that sounds stupid, but it is the truth. I miss him so much, and I love him more than I ever thought possible. But I am scared what is going to happen when he comes home. Will he accept my children? Will he change his ways? Stay out of trouble? So many questions and no answers other than time will tell....
Old 04-12-2006, 09:47 PM

My husband has done 20 years out of a 15-life sentence.
I will wait forever need be because good men are really hard to find and my man is truly a good man.
Please pray for us, his parole hearing is coming up in 2 and a half weeks. He has been denied 6 times already.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:12 PM

12-18 years
Old 04-25-2006, 08:43 AM
First Loves

My baby has a 21 year sentance at 85% and has served 2 years so far.

Faith, trust and love.........
Old 04-28-2006, 04:19 PM

My love has done 17 years, he was sentenced to 15-25 we are hoping he will get his parole in January. He did not get it last January He has now done his a.o.p class so we are praying for a return home in 9 more long months.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:20 PM

My husband is doing 12 years and in the Fed so no parole, only GTC. He's done almost 4 already.

And yes, people ask me, 'when does he get out?' And then I tell them and they are like, "What"? and get the 'not if it were me' look.

But then, I look at some of my friends...I was 24years old when he went in and will be 35 when BOP says he will be released. Would I wait 7 years for Mr. Right?

Well, I have a friend that is 35 and she has yet to find a good man who is her equal/other half, or even to find one that has the potential of being a good husband and step-father to her daughter...so you can look at it like this...I've found Mr. Right (he's just got 7 years of issues) and he loves my son (his son, his twin). He's the right one for me and we've worked out MANY of our issues he and I had before he went in (which, with age is so much less significant than we first thought 4 years ago). Therefore, we won't have to go through the typical dating-getting-to-know-you-and-your-family-learning-your-habits-and-mine nonsense (which might take years, and years, and years...). So who has the better deal? At least I don't have to spend the next 7 years dealing with a host of jerks, or investing mental, emotional, and physical time in getting to know someone who is not remotely 'FOR ME & ABOUT ME' and then having to parade them in front of my son--going through heartache, headaches, and uncertainty of "if I will ever find THE ONE". Hey, they feel sorry for me? I feel sorry for them!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrzshabazz For This Useful Post:
luckslady (06-22-2009)
Old 04-29-2006, 07:54 PM

I've been with my husband 4 years and he has 11 more before he attempts the parole board. I miss him every day and write him daily still but...I maintain my life. I have children, grandchildren, a cat...a job I love. He's worth it...my marriage is worth it! In the end I'll be stronger as a woman which will help us be stronger together as well. I have my days but I always know where he's at and I know we love each other and this is where I am supposed to be in my life at this time. I may not know what it is yet-but there is a life lesson in everything.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Life DOES Go On! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzshabazz
.......................................Well, I have a friend that is 35 and she has yet to find a good man who is her equal/other half, or even to find one that has the potential of being a good husband and step-father to her daughter...so you can look at it like this...I've found Mr. Right (he's just got 7 years of issues) and he loves my son (his son, his twin). He's the right one for me and we've worked out MANY of our issues he and I had before he went in (which, with age is so much less significant than we first thought 4 years ago). Therefore, we won't have to go through the typical dating-getting-to-know-you-and-your-family-learning-your-habits-and-mine nonsense (which might take years, and years, and years...). So who has the better deal? At least I don't have to spend the next 7 years dealing with a host of jerks, or investing mental, emotional, and physical time in getting to know someone who is not remotely 'FOR ME & ABOUT ME' and then having to parade them in front of my son--going through heartache, headaches, and uncertainty of "if I will ever find THE ONE". Hey, they feel sorry for me? I feel sorry for them!
I sooooo know the feeling!! You spoke many of the words I'd say myself. When you know you're with your soulmate, you'd wait until the end of time if you had to.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:28 PM

Default YES, Im waiting 10 years also

hello, where are you at?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

My husband has been in for 18 years. He received his parole but the state I'm in will not accept him through the Interstate Compact agreement. I have been fighting them for 4 months. He will be released to the streets in Detroit so the possibility of us being seperated for two more years exists even though he will be out next month
Old 05-07-2006, 08:13 PM
FREE TO BE ME

My fiance won't be released until 2019 and I've been by his side for 6 years.

Lenin