Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Wearing my cranky pants

Default Feminine products at visitation?

Ok, I'm going to visitation this weekend at HCCF, and well it's that time of the month. Do they allow feminine products to be brought in? Is there a limit to how many napkins or tampons I can bring in?

Sorry, I'm embarassed to even be asking this, but I don't want to be caught with something I shouldn't.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Triscuiter Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantalley View Post
Ok, I'm going to visitation this weekend at HCCF, and well it's that time of the month. Do they allow feminine products to be brought in? Is there a limit to how many napkins or tampons I can bring in?

Sorry, I'm embarassed to even be asking this, but I don't want to be caught with something I shouldn't.

OMG!! I have totally wondered that myself!! LOL!
I wonder if you have to put them in the clear sandwich bag with the playing cards??

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 PM

At SCCF they make you change in front of the guard.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Wearing my cranky pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysmom View Post
At SCCF they make you change in front of the guard.
Can they legally do that? I mean, security is one thing, but that seems to be to be a complete and total invasion of personal privacy!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:

Chantalley, just don,t wear an underwire bra. I wore one there & kept setting of the alarm. They told me I would have to go buy another one.
Didn't have time, so I went to the car & cut the wire out. Ruined a good bra. People with babies can take in diapers, so surely you can take napkins. I have doubts about tampons tho/ Good luck
Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 AM

At SCCF they make their own rules. Of course you dont have to tell them if you are wearing a tampon. They make you pull your panties out and look to see if you are wearing a pad. The lady in front of me to be searched was wearing a poise pad and they made such a deal out of it and embarassed her so that she just took it off and threw it away.
That is the kind of people that CCA run facilities hire.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM

I have never even thought about that... if I am at that time of month, I stop by the gas station before i go to the prison and do my thing.. and i'm there 2 or 3 hours so that is ok. I would never tell the guards i am wearing a tampon! haha! EWW! and by the way have not had trouble with my underwires at SCCF. it beeps every time but the guards tell you to cover yourself with your hands and lean forward and it won't beep. it does work. Anyway I hope you don't have to put tampons in the bag with your cards.
<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i5vu076c/n171/cf104/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pc6d0000/tceac8d5/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatCountdown%20to%20Freedom!/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/mac000/mpc000/iso2025-05-01T00:00:00" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="320" height="135"></iframe>
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysmom View Post
At SCCF they make their own rules. Of course you dont have to tell them if you are wearing a tampon. They make you pull your panties out and look to see if you are wearing a pad. The lady in front of me to be searched was wearing a poise pad and they made such a deal out of it and embarassed her so that she just took it off and threw it away.
That is the kind of people that CCA run facilities hire.

OMG!!! I have never heard such a thing!!!
I worked a couple of times at checkpoint for visitation, both at the main and the annex. We never asked anything like that. And sure a hell would not ask to see a visitors panties!!
As a visitor, I would tell them to go f*** them selves or better yet, strip off all of my clothes and shake out my panties in front of them and then ask " Happy now??"

Old 02-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Wearing my cranky pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Mushroom View Post
OMG!!! I have never heard such a thing!!!
I worked a couple of times at checkpoint for visitation, both at the main and the annex. We never asked anything like that. And sure a hell would not ask to see a visitors panties!!
As a visitor, I would tell them to go f*** them selves or better yet, strip off all of my clothes and shake out my panties in front of them and then ask " Happy now??"
And this is why you so rock!

I guess I'll just have to try and call them and ask. Or maybe I can just wing it and see what happens.

Thanks for the responses though!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Wearing my cranky pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdreamATM View Post
I have never even thought about that... if I am at that time of month, I stop by the gas station before i go to the prison and do my thing.. and i'm there 2 or 3 hours so that is ok. I would never tell the guards i am wearing a tampon! haha! EWW! and by the way have not had trouble with my underwires at SCCF. it beeps every time but the guards tell you to cover yourself with your hands and lean forward and it won't beep. it does work. Anyway I hope you don't have to put tampons in the bag with your cards.
That would work for me too, except I'm there all day. From 6:30 to check in until 2:45 when they tell us to go. Although if I lived closer, that would be a great way to deal with it.

I just went ahead and specifically bought a bra without underwire that I bring with me. It kinda gives me a uni-boob but hey, I can wear the good stuff on the day that I get to come and take him home!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
That would work for me too, except I'm there all day. From 6:30 to check in until 2:45 when they tell us to go. Although if I lived closer, that would be a great way to deal with it.

I just went ahead and specifically bought a bra without underwire that I bring with me. It kinda gives me a uni-boob but hey, I can wear the good stuff on the day that I get to come and take him home!
Yeah, I took out my underwire.
Even small chested as I am, it looked like 2 oranges in a pair of socks.
Thank goodness he loves me for who I am and not for my boobies!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Wow, Odd you sound really hot... ;P
<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i5vu076c/n171/cf104/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pc6d0000/tceac8d5/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatCountdown%20to%20Freedom!/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/mac000/mpc000/iso2025-05-01T00:00:00" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="320" height="135"></iframe>
Old 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdreamATM View Post
Wow, Odd you sound really hot... ;P

Yes. Yes I am.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
ALWAYS HIS PROUDLY

Ok ladies i missed this thread somewhere, guess i'm still in the fog..lol you guys had me rolling. When it's "that" time for me what i do is where a tampon and a pad . When we had visit's it was the 8-2:45 so i would than remove the tampon and would have the pad..you following me ..sometimes i talk in circles. That way i didn't have to bring one in with me.

Chantalley don't ever ever be embarrassed about asking anything.....we all our sisters here!

Last edited by papisgirl; 02-12-2009 at 02:25 PM..
Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 AM

Good idea papisgirl! I'm not sure about TN prisons (my brother in law is new to the system)...but in AL where I visit I asked the female CO who conducts our search...& she said to bring it in like a little brown paper bag & let her know. She'd set it aside for me. I never had to do that...but at least I know now. Don't ever be afraid to ask. Trust & believe you're not the only one wanting (needing) to know. I'd just call up to the prison & ask. That may be a little less embarassing than asking face to face.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 AM

This stuff is just as embarrassing as when we were kids and just started out periods and had to tell our moms.. ha ha
Old 02-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Wearing my cranky pants

Well it worked out alright since by the time I went it wasn't nearly like it was at the beginning. I tried Papisgirl's suggestion and it worked terrifically.

I can honestly say, I don't ever want to go through something like this ever again!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 PM

i was at south central today and saw a lady go whisper to a female guard..and she went and got her a tampon
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 PM

I think you should pull your hair up in a small bun and poke the tampon thru like sticks.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Mushroom View Post
I think you should pull your hair up in a small bun and poke the tampon thru like sticks.
LMAO! That would probably be considered contraband! A deadly weapon or sumfin'!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 PM

I NEVER visit when it's that time of the month. Just the possibility of leaking and getting embarassed keeps me away. I don't visit every weekend so it's not a problem, but I pretty much plan my life around my "cycle." On the rare occassions when it was that time of the month I took my "supplies" with me and didn't notify the guard. We weren't searched, didn't have to shake anything out, etc. as long as you cleared the metal detector. The tampons were in my bra and the pads I just put in my undwear on the sides. Some instutions at least have pads in the restroom. I wasn't going to take the chance of that not being the case and took my own in.

No, I'm not suggesting that you or anyone else do this, but this is what I did.