Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
MrsJaybe <3

Talking Good news! Fiancee accepted plea offer / Could be home in 2 1/2 years

So today my fiancee accepted his plea offer and was sentenced to 6 years. It seems like a lot but compared to what we were facing before possibly 12-20 years and the amount of charges he was facing, I couldn't be more happier and they ended up dropping his manslaughter charge since all the evidence supported his claime that he was acting in self defense, and with his new charges being non-violent that means he'll be eligible for parole at 50% of the 6 years and he's already done 6 months, and with good time, he could possibly be home in like 2 1/2 years or less so im extremely happy it seems like everything's starting to fall in place for me now, I just got a call this morning before court for a job offer and I already have another job, I got invited to an interview for a volunteer position at my local hospital and this week I go back to school (I missed school so much lol), we finally have a sentence so I'm no longer in the state of the unknown not knowing how much time we'll be facing and I'm no longer breaking down crying every single day; I'm finally starting to get used to him being gone and accepting the fact that I have to wait a while until he comes back home. Crying and being depressed won't help to bring him home any sooner and the last thing he wants is for me to be all depressed all the time because I'm missing him. I just need to focus on work, school and accomplishing a few short term goals for myself and him . With two jobs, going to school full time and also doing volunteer work, I'm sure these 2 1/2 years will go by super fast !
The Following User Says Thank You to blairloren For This Useful Post:
Geauxin'KraZee (08-27-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM

i am so happy for you! that sounds so nice going from 12-20 years down to possibly 2.5.

and look at all the stuff you are doing to keep yourself busy. i'm proud of you! and you inspired me to look at my life and see what else i can accomplish while my mans away.

congrats!

Last edited by Oct2011; 08-27-2012 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to Oct2011 For This Useful Post:
blairloren (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM
MrsJaybe <3

Thanks ! Happy I could be an inspiration
Old 08-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Still KraZee in Love !

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,176 Posts

That's wonderful news and it seems.to me that you have a super positive outlook! Keep focused on the important things and don't sweat the small stuff. I did a 2 1/2 yr bid with my man and at times it felt long and other times it flew by. Now he has been home for 1 1/2 yrs. already!
Good luck with all your endeavours and keep that possitive outlook!
The Following User Says Thank You to Geauxin'KraZee For This Useful Post:
blairloren (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 PM
MrsJaybe <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxin'KraZee View Post
That's wonderful news and it seems.to me that you have a super positive outlook! Keep focused on the important things and don't sweat the small stuff. I did a 2 1/2 yr bid with my man and at times it felt long and other times it flew by. Now he has been home for 1 1/2 yrs. already!
Good luck with all your endeavours and keep that possitive outlook!
Thanks ! It took me a while to get so positive but it makes everything so much more easier for both me and him. I hope this past a year and a half have been going great for you guys and I'll make sure to stay positive ; thanks again !