Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:57 PM

Thanked 2,914 Times in 1,785 Posts

Ok so my husband sent out several kites pertaining to his Thinking for a change class he's required to take. That's the one that he's having trouble getting into and wasn't thinking that he would have it done in time to come home. Well classification called him out for a meeting tomorrow at 8:30 am. He's almost positive it's about the class so we are hoping for good news. Still nervous though. Wish us luck.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracelove View Post
That's good news.. happy for you
Thank you!
Old 01-11-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Ok so my husband sent out several kites pertaining to his Thinking for a change class he's required to take. That's the one that he's having trouble getting into and wasn't thinking that he would have it done in time to come home. Well classification called him out for a meeting tomorrow at 8:30 am. He's almost positive it's about the class so we are hoping for good news. Still nervous though. Wish us luck.
Yeeesss!!! Wishing u guys luck!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Yeeesss!!! Wishing u guys luck!
I was up all night. Today is a year since my brother passed away. Not to mention the meeting for my husband has me worried. I'm a sorry wart lol. I can't wait to get his email so I know how it went.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I was up all night. Today is a year since my brother passed away. Not to mention the meeting for my husband has me worried. I'm a sorry wart lol. I can't wait to get his email so I know how it went.
Its gonna go good ok. Keep telling yourself everything will go good for him.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Its gonna go good ok. Keep telling yourself everything will go good for him.
Positive thought positive results!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:10 AM

She told him that he still has to do the class and that he will be in it before he goes to see the board which means he will be in the class in April some time. What makes me nervous is that they can defer your outdate until the program is done. Which if he's in it in April he will be done in July and then they would call him back to the board and then he would be set to come home in October as normal but they don't have to call you back until they are ready. But I'm not going to let it bother me until I have reason to believe that he won't come home on time. Positive thoughts
Old 01-11-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
She told him that he still has to do the class and that he will be in it before he goes to see the board which means he will be in the class in April some time. What makes me nervous is that they can defer your outdate until the program is done. Which if he's in it in April he will be done in July and then they would call him back to the board and then he would be set to come home in October as normal but they don't have to call you back until they are ready. But I'm not going to let it bother me until I have reason to believe that he won't come home on time. Positive thoughts
Stop worrying yourself i know thats easier said than done but think like this just a couple of days ago u was worried about the class with the lady not showing up than it all work itself out with good news to where they fired her and he still gets to finish it. So if that worked itself out so can this situation. Im not sure if u pray amd i dont force praying on anyone but i pray alot and it helps us. We even pray together. Thats our things when we worry or we'er hoping for good news. So im gonna pray for peace of mind for u and your LO and you just try to stop worrying and think positive. Keep doing the things u have been doing as if he is coming home in OCT cause he is. Now smile lol
Old 01-11-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Stop worrying yourself i know thats easier said than done but think like this just a couple of days ago u was worried about the class with the lady not showing up than it all work itself out with good news to where they fired her and he still gets to finish it. So if that worked itself out so can this situation. Im not sure if u pray amd i dont force praying on anyone but i pray alot and it helps us. We even pray together. Thats our things when we worry or we'er hoping for good news. So im gonna pray for peace of mind for u and your LO and you just try to stop worrying and think positive. Keep doing the things u have been doing as if he is coming home in OCT cause he is. Now smile lol
Thank you so much for your positive words. Yes I do pray and I will continue to do so. Thanks for yiur support. It means alot.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much for your positive words. Yes I do pray and I will continue to do so. Thanks for yiur support. It means alot.
No problem. We all need support. We are all going through some of the same situations. :-)
Old 01-11-2018, 10:32 AM

2018 Is going to go fast.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:38 PM

Mrsmusej my husband just called he got into his class. He starts on Tuesday. So now he will be in both classes at the same time. His counselor just called him into his office and told him. I'm so happy I could go and dance in the rain. He's happy to. Yay
Old 01-11-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Hugs, hugs and more hugs to you today Nygirl! You have a lot going on today. I am sending prayers and positive vibes for you and for your hubby! This is OUR year!!!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 02:49 PM

We are down to 96 days and his mandatory is up! If all goes well the board will give the OK on the spring release that we have been hoping/praying for. He has been a model prisoner for the last 14 of his 17 years in so we are hoping that has some weight to it!
Old 01-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddersgirl View Post
We are down to 96 days and his mandatory is up! If all goes well the board will give the OK on the spring release that we have been hoping/praying for. He has been a model prisoner for the last 14 of his 17 years in so we are hoping that has some weight to it!
96 days how awesome for the both of you. I'm so excited to here about his homecoming. Are you getting nervous. Is he???
Old 01-11-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
96 days how awesome for the both of you. I'm so excited to here about his homecoming. Are you getting nervous. Is he???
I am a complete nervous wreck and he is as calm as ever. I think he is trying to hope for the best but expect the worse. I also think his nerves will kick in more once he hears from the board for sure. His plan is to be in school by September so I think he is more nervous that any delays will mess that up. We are just waiting on his acceptance letter because we know that will go a long way when he sees the board. I'm starting to think about helping his family build up his wardrobe. He's gained about a good 50-60 lbs in muscle and let's be real, it was early 2000's when he got locked up, he couldn't fit it if he tried and would look like a throwback from the late 90's anyway. LOL!
Old 01-11-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
mrsmusej my husband just called he got into his class. He starts on tuesday. So now he will be in both classes at the same time. His counselor just called him into his office and told him. I'm so happy i could go and dance in the rain. He's happy to. Yay
omg!!!!!shut up!!! See everything worked out. Now go dance sing scream and all that. Positive thinking and prayer works. Omg im so happy for u. I know how u feel right now cause i feel just as happy girl. Im about to pour me a shot and turn on my music in the front room and clean out our closet so all of my hubbies stuff fit. Now go jump and scream girl lol.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
omg!!!!!shut up!!! See everything worked out. Now go dance sing scream and all that. Positive thinking and prayer works. Omg im so happy for u. I know how u feel right now cause i feel just as happy girl. Im about to pour me a shot and turn on my music in the front room and clean out our closet so all of my hubbies stuff fit. Now go jump and scream girl lol.
And sorry im so late responding my phone acts up sometimes at work
Old 01-11-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I am a complete nervous wreck and he is as calm as ever. I think he is trying to hope for the best but expect the worse. I also think his nerves will kick in more once he hears from the board for sure. His plan is to be in school by September so I think he is more nervous that any delays will mess that up. We are just waiting on his acceptance letter because we know that will go a long way when he sees the board. I'm starting to think about helping his family build up his wardrobe. He's gained about a good 50-60 lbs in muscle and let's be real, it was early 2000's when he got locked up, he couldn't fit it if he tried and would look like a throwback from the late 90's anyway. LOL!
Lmao....im sure he would like that. Things will all work out. It's our year.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I know I'm so excited. He said he went from having the worst two weeks to having a great day. I told him my brother had something to do with it we lost him a year ago today. Ugh. Though it's a sad day I'm still happy. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by nygirl17; 01-11-2018 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I know I'm so excited. He said he went from having rhe worst two weeks to having a great day. I told him my brother had something to do with it we lost him a year ago today. Ugh. Though it's a sad day I'm still happy. Thanks for your support.
Awwe so its bitter sweet today for u. Well im glad the both of u are happy. And your welcome anytime! :-)
Old 01-11-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I know I'm so excited. He said he went from having the worst two weeks to having a great day. I told him my brother had something to do with it we lost him a year ago today. Ugh. Though it's a sad day I'm still happy. Thanks for your support.
He's your angel watching over the both of you.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:07 PM

Happy new year. We have 276 days left. Yay. I am so glad to be out off the 300's lol
The Following User Says Thank You to shaishayreid For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
He's your angel watching over the both of you.
That's what I told my husband. He agreed.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaishayreid View Post
Happy new year. We have 276 days left. Yay. I am so glad to be out off the 300's lol
I know we were excited to. So your in October to???