Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Old 09-10-2002, 01:53 PM

Default Photo Gallery

I love this new spot on the site. I've already posted one picture, and I'll post some more when I get home tonight!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,761 Times in 1,586 Posts
Lightbulb New Pto Feature - Photo Gallery

For those of you who have not already noticed, PTO has a new Photo Gallery! "Gallery on the main menu" (http://www.prisontalk.com/gallery/) I am very happy about this "little" addition to our community. You won't find a better/cooler photo gallery anywhere online and I hope you enjoy it as much as I know I will.
The Photo Gallery program/script that we are using seamlessly interfaces with our community program so that you do not have to log-on, you account follows you there. That means that any post you make in the photo gallery will count towards your post count in the forums. Any picture you upload is also associated with your account and you will receive posting points for that as well.
Each of you have your own area in the members gallery (must be a registered member), AND the ability to create your own "albums".
Currently we only have a few categories, but like the forums, when there is a demand for more, we will add them - there is no limit to the amount we can have. Right now we have limited storage space in the hosting plan so I ask that all uploads be relating to yourself and the prison system in some way. Once we can afford to go to a dedicated server, you will be welcome to put just about anything into the photo gallery, since we will have more space than we can use.
*Something to Know*
Like our discussion forums, the Photo Gallery is COMPLETELY searchable... I think most people are not aware of the powers the PTO search engine holds. Everything on PTO is indexed and can be searched in lightning-fast speed. The photo gallery is based on the same type of scripting language as our site, and pictures can be searched just as our forums are. When you upload a picture, don't hesitate to be descriptive... Tell us what the picture is.. If you have an extra second, fill in the "keywords" area with descriptive words that will allow other people to locate the picture if it is something they are interested in.
Example:
I upload a picture of me jumping waves on a jetski..
Under the keywords, I will enter: jetski Galveston Texas ocean surf fed-x
I did that because anyone in the future (when we have 1000'
s of pictures) may want to do a search on ocean, or something else.. (I know, jetskis don't have much to do with PTO, but I'm just using it as an example, though maybe not a good one)
Here is a better one.. I upload a picture of the protest at the Polunsky Death Row Unit. For keywords I would use:
Polunsky
Death Row
Protest
Prison
TDCJ

So, if in the future someone wants to look for pictures of the Death Row Prison at the Polunsky Unit, all they would have to type in would be Polunsky and all the photos of that prison, posted by anyone, will pop up in the results.
This is very similar to the PTO forums search.. As we grow, I am fairly confidant that everyone will use these features more often to find what they are looking for. Part of our goal is to amass as much information on the prison system as possible to assist everyone like ourselves in the future.

Back to the photo gallery... I want to give special thanks to the members that have made donations thus far.. A major factor in getting these add-ons done was their contributions.
A program/script like the photo gallery alone cost more than the forum software our community runs on. Yes, there are free scripts out there, but they aren't anything like what we have.. I want the very best, even if it takes a little longer..
This belongs in another forum but I thought I would mention that the upgrades you see right now are only the beginning.
Hopefully soon we can look into purchasing the resource program/script that is going to allow us to basically build a directory of all internet and other resources available. Members can submit them, rate them, modify them, etc.
Other things I have in mind are our own "Hotmail" system. A custom program/script will soon be released that will seamlessly integrate with our community to give us a full featured mailing system for those of you that want email options similar - better - than hotmail & Yahoo mail.
Just a few things we are planning for PTO in the near future..
The store should be up and running very soon also.. If you have cool PTO graphics, don't hesitate to post or send them to me!

Enjoy,
David
"Fed-X"

Old 09-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,761 Times in 1,586 Posts

OH! I almost forgot, I want to apologise to everyone that had uploaded pictures to the photogallery last night before I had to delete the first version and upload the latest. Please do re-upload your pictures!! This was a one time deal thanks to a mistake on my part. Rather than just upgrade the version of photopost, I thought it would be better to completely delete and install the proper version, to insure that it was clean and bug free..
Your photos will be safe from now on.. This program doesn't crash!
David
Old 09-11-2002, 12:26 PM

You're amazing Fed-Ex!
Old 09-11-2002, 12:33 PM

You're amazing!haha
So impressive
Old 09-12-2002, 11:18 PM

I absolutely LOVE this picture gallery you have added. I hope you do not mind me uploading a number of prison and prisoner related photographs from my collection. I have never seen such a wonderful online gallery! Thank you so much! Luke