Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Old 10-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,761 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Limiting attachment sizes

I have brought down the attachment size from 180,000 bytes to 100,000 bytes. This is not because of limited space on PTO, but the bandwidth we are using to transmit all these images every time someone views a forum. In the first 2.5 days of this month we have transmitted over 1000 megabytes from the PTO site.. Right at 1 gigabyte..
That's a LOT... This may also have something to do with our new photo gallery section and I am looking into ways to reduce bandwidth usage there also.
100,000 bytes is still a good bit of space for an attachment.
Most all of the pictures I upload are a maximum of 46,000. It is relatively simple to reduce the color depth and size of an image so that it fits into the given space..
Back to the bandwidth issue, I had to upgrade our hosing account yesterday because we went over our 10 gigabyte limit this past month by 5 gigs! I've upgraded to allow a max of 20 gigs a month, but at the rate I am seeing, we will exceed that also.. I definitely cannot afford at this moment to step it up again at this time. Once we go dedicated, you can upload whatever you want, etc.. Untill the, I am having to tighten the PTO belt just a bit..

Fed-X
Old 10-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Closed

Thanks for letting us know, David. You know we are all behind you on this, so whatever the rest of us can do WE WILL!!
Old 10-02-2002, 04:31 PM

David,

I really wish I had money to contribute! Right now, I am not making ends meet as I am not working, but I promise that once I do begin working, I will be contributing. I am considering sending something anyway when and if I can.

I appreciate that you have put the means for us to contribute whenever we can or desire with the paypal link on the site! I can't wait to use it! I love all you are doing with this site.

Jim