Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,764 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default *notice To All Pto Members And Visitors*

Yesterday, Saturday August 11, we had a new member using the name "pussycat" join PTO, who then promptly began posting & PM・ing messages which were offensive (to say the very least) to a number of our members.
THIS WILL NOT BE TOLLERATED ANY PLACE ON PTO.. Not by new members, or by old ones. This community is about support and unity.. If you are looking to stir up trouble, you are (and will be) invited to leave. If there is any question about our ability to enforce this, it should be known that I can employ a wide variety of means to block anyone・s access to our community. Be it by one email address, or anyone using a similar one, to a specific IP address or sub mask. It's not something that I like to do, but neither is spending hours cleaning up an abusive persons mess.

My number one priority here is to ensure the safety, respect and peace for all members of our wonderful community. If I have to shut the doors and make this an invitation only site, I will do it. If I have to go after people like "pussycat", whom take their time to harass our members while promoting her own web community, I will do it. I want each and every one of you to know that I DO CARE and your safety and serenity is very important to me. If one of you feels unsafe here, it is TOO MANY. I will go to extremes to insure that does not happen. Please never hesitate to contact me.

Returning to the issue of abuse and disrespect, I want to clarify what I am talking about. I realize we all have our opinions and at times they will conflict with those of other members. Conversations will arise where there are differences, maybe even extreme differences. Having a discussion where two people, or groups of people, argue their points are one thing, becoming abusive towards the other is something else. Feel free to push your point of view but please to not verbally attack someone else for theirs. We have members of all races, religions, sexual preferences and employment backgrounds. I think this diversity is part of what makes PTO so special. We each bring something to the table in addition to support. I know I have learned a great deal from all of you and I know I am not alone.

I just recently got back involved with PTO :full-time; after being somewhat inactive for a couple months. I am in the process of implementing many new features in our community that will enhance everyone・s visits here. I am also appointing new moderators for many of the forums to assist me in keeping on top of everything. These moderators are part of the admin team and will assist you whenever they can. If you have a question in regards to something in their forum, please direct it to them, and they will do their best to assist you.

I・m not sure how many members take the time to look through the New Users Help, Q&A Forum, but there is a lot of helpful information located there. I would like to ask that you address any questions you may have in regards to PTO features, options, graphics, etc, to that category. Communicating about how to do this or that in open forum will allow future members to find the answers they need. If for some reason myself or one of the moderators does not promptly answer you question, please do email me directly. Sometimes I overlook certain threads, so please don・t think I am ignoring anyone. When we have 400 new posts in one day, it・s easy to overlook some.

The one last thing I want to address is :spam;, or dropping by our community with only the intention to promote something else. This may be a website, business, service, etc.
If your only intention is to get the word out about something, post it in the General Internet Resource Links section, or in the specific forum that it pertains to. (as long as you are not selling something. Ex. If you・re giving away Pro Bono legal assistance, by all means post it in the Legal Help section. But, if you are advertising your services, it needs to go in the Resource Links forum). The one place I don・t want to see any advertising is the INTRODUCTIONS & STORIES forum. This forum should be used exclusively to introduce you to other members of our community. Tell us about who you are and why your here.. Share photos of yourself and those you love.. AND, if you happen to work within the prisoner & family support community, feel free to tell us about that too.. Just don・t use the INTRO solely to promote it, or we will move the post, or delete it all together.
If you haven・t already, please read these two threads located in the PTO News, Information & Events forum:
*Promoting other "Communities" on PTO
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...&threadid=3092
AND
*If you Solicit PTO Members w/o permission you will be BANNED
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...&threadid=3091

I use this forum to keep everyone up to date on what is happening with PTO. Please drop by regularly and check it out.

Thanks for your time and please don・t hesitate to contact me if there is any questions or comments regarding anything I have said in here.

Fed-X
Old 08-11-2002, 06:12 PM

Thank you for your care and protection.

Yes, the Old Testament (Exodus 21:23-28 said "an eye for an eye"...BUT Jesus says in the New Testement (Mathew 5:38 - 48) to love one another..to forgive and turn the other cheek. So, what right does the state have to execute???
Closed Thread