Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-27-2004, 08:00 AM
LOVE QUEENIE

did you have fun?... this weekend i threw my roomate a birthday party.. it was nice... i also worked and my brother had a family party for his birthday and I went there.... and my parents kept my kids overnight saturday.... and i got wake up late on sunday.. that was exciteing!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:53 PM

Hi LoveMyRock. I had a nice time with my god daughter and my friend. My god daughter cracks me up. I'll probably go back up there this weekend too. She's got a shopping list you know. LOL!
Old 10-01-2004, 06:21 PM

Hey Maryland! Well, this morning I received a call from my god daughter. It seems that no one will be on campus this weekend. Personally, I don't have a clue as to why. But, according to her, everyone is leaving. So, she wants to come home for the weekend. So guess what? When I get off work tonight, I'll be driving to Cumberland to pick up my baby. And of course I'll have to take her back. We've also got to do some more grocery shopping when I take her back. So there's my weekend for you.

Be safe and take care.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:32 PM

I have a History exam at 10 AM Saturday morning. I have to memorize 300 years of dates in history in the next 9 hours . Guess I'll be pullin' an all nighter. YUK!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:11 PM

Shelby, how did you do on your history exam? I hope the all nighter helped.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:33 PM

Thanks for asking, I don't know yet. I stayed up all night and tried to think of ways to put the people, places and things together. The exam was 40 multiple choice (easy) and 6 ESSAY questions that had to be 2-3 paragraphs long. I was able to answer the questions, but my paragraphs were filled with alot of fluff. I'll let you know. But, I did get a 99% on my business exam
Old 10-06-2004, 07:37 PM

You go girl! Continue to stay focused and keep your eye on the prize.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:05 PM

Default I suck!!

Well, got my exam grade e-mailed today C-MINUS, I have never received a C on a test or a paper, much less a C-MINUS, and even if I got A's on the remaining 2 tests, I could only get a B in the class. I have a 4.0 average, and I'm not ready to give it up yet. I got all the multiple choice right, but must have screwed up on the essays- bad. You have no idea how F-N depressed I am, I think I will drop the class and take it next year with a different professor. Everyone I've talked to today, including my counselor says she is one of the toughest professors there. I would understand if I didn't study, but I read all the chapters, took notes, watched all the videos and spent 3 1/2 long days preparing for it. Tonight I feel like such a dumba$$.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:43 PM

Shelby, there there. Listen, you did the best you could, your very best. Unfortunately, it didn't work out in your favor. You definately, DO NOT SUCK. You can't suck especially since you have a 4.0 average. I think the suggestion of dropping the class and retaking it with a different professor is a good one. That way it won't interfere with your grade point average, right? Give yourself a break and a hug.

Last edited by nubiantwin; 10-08-2004 at 06:44 PM..
Old 10-09-2004, 11:25 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, and the group hug.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:24 PM

No problem Shelby. Sometimes we just need to give ourselves a break.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:26 PM

This past weekend I attended my 25th high school class reunion. It was so beautiful. The coordinator and committee did an excellent job. I really enjoyed myself. It was such a wonderful experience seeing old friends and familiar faces. I'm really looking forward to the next one.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Somewhat redeemed

Feeling better about myself, I got a 96% on my Business test and a 99% on my Algebra test. Dropped the History class after I spoke to my Sister-in-law who had the same instructor, she also had to drop the class years ago, and retook it later. So I think I made the right decision.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:28 PM

Good for you Shelby!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:58 PM

Hi Maryland! Well, I'm taking a vacation day on Friday and I'm going to get eat some good food and do kareoke. One of my girl friends suggested it. I need a distraction and it sounds like it could be fun. Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:09 PM

Hey my people! Karaoke was a lot of fun. I look forward to doing it again. I'm looking for to the mini get-together on Sat. It should be a lot of fun. Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:27 PM

Hey Maryland! Who's up for going to see a movie this weekend?
Old 11-12-2004, 10:22 AM
LOVE QUEENIE

WELL................................today thanks to nubiantwin im addicted to honey bees bisqits..so for lunch im eating cluck up chicken haha thennnnnnn. tonight im going to OCEAN CITY with a couple friends.. but im not going to stay up too too late cause tommorow IM GOING TO SEE MY BABBBYYYYY.. and then on sunday im leaving Ocean City and comming home to my babies
Old 11-12-2004, 05:31 PM

LoveMyRock, my bad. But their chicken and biscusts are the best. Enjoy your weekend with your friends and your visit with your honey.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:42 PM

Hi Maryland. Well, Saturday I'm going to a baby shower. That should be cute. I won't be able to stay long because I have to meet a friend later in the afternoon. We're going to do something, but what, I have no idea. I'll enjoy my friend's company just the same. Have a happy and safe weekend everybody.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:17 PM
LOVE QUEENIE

guess what i went and saw him again! i just got up sunday morning.. and left.. without telling no one.. just got me and my daughter ready ( the other was with her father) and was on my way... ! i was so scared i have a 92' sable but i did it! AND i got a 4 hour visit and it was in the middle of shifts and they forgot and gave us 5 hours.. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh im so addicted to seeing him now.. but the good news is he goes up for parole in 10 days so PLEASE keep us in your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:23 PM

I'm glad you made it to see him again. And that you were able to have such a long visit. I know he enjoyed that too. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

The baby shower was cute. But of course they weren't ready to start on time. I waited for almost an 1 1/2 and they still weren't ready. So I had to leave. But I still enjoyed meeting everybody. She looked like she was ready to deliver any minute.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:05 AM
LOVE QUEENIE

thats why i always go to places late lol.. sike im playing.. im really always late but not on purpose... i love baby showers!.. i loved my babyshowers... i love babies!!!!!!!.. do you have any children? I dont think I ever ask you . we were talking about how many children we wanted when i went to visit him this weekend. We both agreed we defitnly want one more because I have 2 girls and he had 1.

now as far as this weekend...................
friday im throwing my friend keyon a birthday party
saturday im going to rocks neices birthday party she will be 2 and also working
sunday im going to church and then my mothers cooking so I WILL BE THERE!. lol
whats up with everyone elses weekend?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:22 PM

LoveMyRock - Sounds like you're going to have a busy and enjoyable weekend. Well, tomorrow, after I get off of work, my sister and I are going to drive to Kentucky to visit with my brother and his family. It's going to be fun! Have a safe and happy weekend everybody.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:13 AM
LOVE QUEENIE

have funnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!