Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:04 AM

Hello ladies! My hubby's at JCI in Jessup! I live in Maryland so it's only about a 30 min drive for me. When he was at ECI last year, the drive was worser. And even when he was in Cumberland, it was about a 3 hour drive. When he was in Hagerstown, I moved to be closer, but got home sick from the rest of my family, lol. But I do make sure I travel with him. I never miss a visit, regardless of where he is. 9 1/2 years and been married for 5 of those years.
Jinty62 (09-17-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAngel

I have to say the CO's at Hagerstown MCTC are pretty nice. Except my man was telling me how nasty they are to the inmates. There is one CO I want to make a complaint on. You know how the guys get searched after each visit. Well there is one that makes the guys, do a little extra if you know what I mean. Like swat, spread, and cough. Why? Like really are the guy putting things up there during a strict visit. There is a cinder block barrier between us. We only get to hug, and kiss before and after. After he told me this, I felt bad. Then during this past visit another inmate next to us was telling his girl the same thing about the same guy. Then my man called me to tell me that a guy had his first visit with his family coming 600 miles. He said it was the happiest, and the worst day of is life. It happened to him too, and doesn't want his family to come back. He was humiliated and felt violated. I don't blame them . My man said it is something you will never forget.
Oh man..my hubby is in mctc and he has said that the co's are horrible. You need to get a name of the co who did this and it needs to be reported. That makes me sick , if I found out that happened I would go to the warden. With the cinderblock wall I can't believe they even have to strip search them. They claim it's for security. I think it's for humiliation. My husband is in for a white collar crime so he is the only one in the prison with a masters degree...he is tough but kind and an amazing man. He tries to help other inmates make plans for when they get out so they won't end up back in there. He says he sees so many guys who have nothing to come home to and it makes him sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucy1989 For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (02-22-2013)
Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 AM

Hey!

I'm new here, my nephew is in Jessup but at the Howard County Detention Center for the time being... I'll be checking in often, still getting the hang of this forum. Hope you're well and hang in there
The Following User Says Thank You to smor For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (02-22-2013)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 PM

Hi guys... They moved my husband to the huts at MCI... Anyone no anything about area? He tells me there are no cells, like a dormitory setting, and it laid back from where he was before
Old 09-17-2011, 03:26 PM
ms jackson

im from baltimore , md and my bf is at epru having the hardeast time getting to this place
Old 09-17-2011, 06:07 PM

Thanked 2,402 Times in 955 Posts

I live in Maryland but my husband is in Pennsylvania so I am usually in the Federal or Husband/Boyfriend forums.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moody69 View Post
Hello ladies! My hubby's at JCI in Jessup! I live in Maryland so it's only about a 30 min drive for me. When he was at ECI last year, the drive was worser. And even when he was in Cumberland, it was about a 3 hour drive. When he was in Hagerstown, I moved to be closer, but got home sick from the rest of my family, lol. But I do make sure I travel with him. I never miss a visit, regardless of where he is. 9 1/2 years and been married for 5 of those years.
hey my husband is also at jci, been going there for 3yrs now. im there every odd visit there is.....things can be hard but i will do it till he comes home. hope to see you there!
The Following User Says Thank You to cherbey For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (01-19-2014)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Question I have someone in Poplar Hill maryland

It's a Pre-Release center. This person is not known for telling the truth so I'll ask questions here.

He says:

He can have packages sent to him of supplies, soap, shampll and such and he doesn't have to go to commissary.

Suddenly, he says "You don't have to visit anymore" That's very strange

He said he can wear regular clothing not prison garb.

Can anyone tell me about this place? 10/20/2011
Old 11-02-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinty62
Hey all you Marylanders where are you ????? , no one ever seems to post anything on here these days. I went to answer a comment yesterday and I noticed the date 2004 . I know there are quite a few people from the Baltimore area on PT so where are you all ?? . I'm not a Marylander as yet ha ha but my fiance Jon is and he is at this present moment in JCI JESSUP and will be there for the next 4- 5 years. So if anyone can tell me as much as possible about JCI JESSUP I would be most gratefull. Thanks
Hi! I'm not from Maryland, but I'm from nyc my boyfriend is in Jessup JCI as well I'm coming there in 2 weeks to visit my babe maybe we can meet up. Message me
Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbey
hey my husband is also at jci, been going there for 3yrs now. im there every odd visit there is.....things can be hard but i will do it till he comes home. hope to see you there!
Hi! My boyfriend is at Jci, I'm from nyc thou. I can't visit him as often as I want but I try. I will be in Maryland on the 17th of this month, maybe we could meet up and go together.