Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:44 PM

dmiz, that is so silly. I don't know how they expect you to cough up the money when he's not working to contribute to your household finances. That's crazy.

jebs, I hope you're taking it easy in all this heat. When I was pregnant this time 4 years ago, I was miserable. Stay off your feet and soak up the AC as much as you can!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:56 PM

wow- that's ridiculous! I didn't know that was your situation! Is that even legal!? I dont doubt they would make him pay regardless, but physically HOLD him until he can pay? I hate the system because they punish the family along with the inmate- what kind of system is that.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM

Heeeeey ladies!

What a long, hot week so far!!! Sounds like everyone is doing okay, besides Dmiz who is busy funding the county's next bonus pool. haha. These people are sooooo greedy! I was in court one day and they were holding someone who owed like $12,000 in child support - and they were holding him for NOT paying his child support. He was like, "Your honor, how am I supposed to make money to pay my child support when I'm LOCKED UP?" and the judge basically told him that's not his problem and he needs to figure it out. I mean, to some extent I understand...but the logic just seems a little off.

As far as my week goes, I have a few meetings after work this week, and then I have to do the work thing and my regular inmate-support duties...so I'm staying kind of busy. Most of the stuff isn't that exciting, but it helps pass the time until my next visit!

Hope you all are having a decent week and staying as cool as possible...and I hope your men are doing well!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 AM

dmizll..I got an even better one. My BF was in live in work out 3 yrs ago and they had him paying his restitution. He paid an insurance company and a bank and they mailed the money back saying they had no record. The case was 12 yrs old..he had spend most of that time in prison. The couselor told him the court would have to reduce his restitution..that he'd done his part. He then goes on to supervised probation and asks if his restitution is taken care of and the little old lady that's now retired tells him she can't figure it out and will let him know. Never give's him an amount to pay..nothing. Now he's in federal prison and Maryland has violated him saying he owes $5000.00 and will pick him up when his federal time is done! State's attorney says she wants the money for his victims..WTF, there are no victims..they mailed the money back!!!
Update..I am trying really hard to go to VA to visit this sunday..if my son comes home from the hospital on Thursday, I'm getting in my car and hitting the road!!! It's been 10 long months and I need a Hug from him!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Chick - I'm sorry you're so busy this week. I hope you get some time to relax.

tolong - Still praying for your son. I hope he is released this week so you are able to visit your husband. I'm sure you need a good visit after all this time.

I will attempt to see my DH this Sunday. I'm told that Saturday is family day at JPRU and he does not think they are doing regular visiting, but I'm not really sure. At any rate, I'm only going to try to visit him on Sunday, since I'll see him (and hopefully take him home) on Tuesday!

It's hump day!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 PM

Thanks everyone!! I know, they are complaining about prison overcrowding but doing this stupid stuff. I feel like our family is being punished. First we lost his income, paying the lawyer, paying all these fees, plus supporting him for whatever he needs to make his time easier. I don't know how I have been able to do this so far but do know that I am taking a vacation once he is home and back to work. As soon as I get this restitutionn paid I will be able to relax a little more. I know the judge, states attorney, and his PO dont care that he is locked up and that is why he has not paid anything in several months.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:10 AM

It's Thursday! Almost the weekend and time for visiting! How is everyone's week going? Any exciting plans for the weekend? I need to get my house in order for the possibility of a homecoming next week. It's not dirty, but I want it to be really neat and tidy since I'll probably neglect it some once he's here.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:29 AM

NDJ- youre SO close to your hearing! I hope you get to see hubby this weekend!! Im praying for you ma!
Not doing much this weekend, trying to stay cool and heartburn and swelling free (not like Im succeeding) Sleeping at night kinda sucks b/c Im getting so big.
Its Jebs birthday today, 23, and hopefully they'll give him the big birthday envelope I sent him, since he got the two others I sent along with it.
I get to see him on Saturday... his boys are driving me up to Jessup since Jeb doesnt want me driving that far alone, lol, he's been SO over protective since my doc said I might possibly go into preterm labor. I dont think I will and Ive been right about my pregnancy from day 1! But who knows!
Ladies let's finish out this week and get our well deserved visits!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Great news...My son has been released from Childrens. He said his dad told them he had tickets for tonights Raven's vs Redskins game..I said since he told them that he better take you to the game!!!
Jeb's..I'm gonna take your advice and get a well deserved visit in..I'm gonna hit the road and go see my BF Sunday. It's been 9 long months and only 3 visits in the past 2 years. I can just see him now getting his haircut and looking all cute!!! Everyone on 95..get outta my way!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:00 PM

checking in with everyone for the night!!! It seems to be going well for all. I just got in from our visit since their visiting rooms are closed for the next three days for family visits. We are really sad that he forgot to turn in his slip so we dont get to have family day. oh well, getting mad wont solve anything now.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Tolong, glad to hear that your son has been released! I hope he's a Ravens fan! : )

How are all the ladies tonight? I'm not feeling so hot, I went to the doctor today and got some antibiotics for this nasty little sinusitis that I have going on. My face is swollen and everything. I think this is karma for that little "daycation" I took last week! haha. Now I'm actually sick and I feel bad taking a day off work because I took off a day last week and I have this weird sense of guilt about missing work. I've been trying to get some rest and stuff, but there's no rest for the weary!

Jebs, did you get to talk to Jeb today? My man was locked up for his birthday and I sent him a few cards, visited him and got him some junk from the vending machine - he said it was the best birthday he's had in awhile (which is kinda sad when you think about it)! Sounds like you made Jeb's birthday special and I hope you guys get to have an awesome visit this weekend!

Dmiz and NDJ - I know you guys have some hearings coming up, I hope everything goes well...but don't forget us when you get your happily ever afters! : )

I feel like our guys are all good guys (and they have to be good guys in order to have chicks like us!!), so hopefully the courts will recognize it and let them all go as soon as possible. I pray for us!

Have you all ever watched this show on A&E called "The Cleaner" with Benjamin Bratt? I watched a few episodes on demand and it's really good....especially if you have experience with addicts. My brother is a recovering addict (who is on parole after serving some time over on the Eastern Shore), and it really hits close to home for me. I recommend it, if you ever have a free hour on Tuesday night!

Anyway ladies, I think I'm going to get some sleep and see if I can get better by the weekend...have a great night!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:08 PM

Chick- Yes, talked to him lots today, and waiting to say goodnight at 11:30. Im sorry you feel yucky! What a coincidence huh? I dont watch the cleaner, but I watch intervention. Love it, feel sorry for the families, and I can relate to them more than Id like to.
Ahh! Ive been having Braxton Hicks contractions ALL night!
Goodnight ladies!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 AM

Chick, The Cleaner is my Tuesday night ritual. Did you watch the Biography episode of the real life cleaner, Warren Boyd, who the show is based on? It was good too.

Not much happening for me today or this weekend. I'm working all weekend. I work from home, so it's not so bad, but I feel like I never get a break from it. Can't wait to visit on Sunday and hopefully his card will be there this time.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 AM

Cool Hello

Hi my name is ebony and i am new to this site but i seen my man the other day it was great 4 hrs of fun he is in portage wi is anyone here got a love one there hitt me up have a blessed day
Old 08-14-2009, 11:32 AM

NDJ- I watched that, the extreme interventionist? What a life!
Checking in, kind of blah today, only got a couple hrs (4) of sleep last night b/c to tell you the truth, Im just too damn uncomfortable (lol). But Im excited to visit my man tomorrow!
Hope everyone has an easy Friday.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 PM

Well just talked to my guy. Apparently his visiting list still has not been approved so I won't be seeing him this weekend. This is really annoying. I know I will see him on Tuesday, but I still wanted to see him. I guess it'll save me some gas, but still.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:09 PM

Hello girls. I introduced myself earlier this month, and now I have a question. I know that this should probably be posted in another part of the Maryland forum, but thought I would post it here since it has much more activity. Anyway.....my man was at MRDCC for three weeks, during that time he turned in a phone list but I did not recieve any calls. I found out that he was moved to Brockbridge on Monday, and I still have not recieved a phone call from him. I have 3 prepaid cell phones...1 AT&T, 1 Virgin Mobile, and 1 Verizon and I have also put money on my account with CBS. I called Brockbridge last night, because I was concerned about not recieving a phone call, and the lady told me that in order for me to recieve a phone call my man has to have his phone list turned in and purchase a phone card from T-Netix, I am under the impression that CBS and T-Netix are the same company, and I'm more than positive that my man has took all necessary steps on his end to set up a phone account. So, I logged into my CBS account online and it says that my phone is blocked. I called CBS and they said that they no longer service Brockbridge. I called Brockbridge and she said that they no longer use CBS and that she couldn't discuss anything about the phones with me, but said that I could call "inmate accounts." The lady in inmate accounts told me that my man has to set up an account with T-Netix and that he could only call Verizon phones.

I am so confused I haven't talked to him in 4 weeks and I need to know am I missing a step????? What else do I need to do????
Old 08-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Can you write him a letter and ask him what other men are doing as far as the phones go?? I myself am just as confused as you... my mans across the the street at Boot Camp. Someone on the site will probably be more helpful than
me but they won't probably respond til later. Other than that I would keep calling up Brockridge and bothering different COs asking how to go about this- b/c if they're anything like the COs Ive dealt with, 90% of them are useless!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-14-2009, 01:45 PM

I don't know anything about the calls at Brockbridge because my man was only there about 3 days before being transferred elsewhere. In our experience, it takes about a week for them to get a phone account. He has to use his DOC number to call and that has to be put into the system at the facility he is in. CBS and t-netix are the same company, though.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JebsGirl83 View Post
b/c if they're anything like the COs Ive dealt with, 90% of them are useless!
That is so true!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:57 PM

I'm going to write him a letter tonight It's just frustrating...It's bad enough being so far away from him (We live in TN and serving his time in MD) but know I can't even talk to him. The CO's that I have talked so far have been soooo rude. The woman had the nerve to tell me that they changed companies but that's all she could tell me. I asked "so you're saying that I have to unblock my phone, but you cant tell me who I need to call to do that?" Her response "thats exactly what I'm telling you".....ohhhh it just pisses me off.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:27 PM

We have all found out that this whole system will do nothing else if they are not running you in circles, even something as simple as phone calls. I know they can purchase phone cards there, but I dont see why they wont tell you who to contact. I would call them again and possibly ask for a sgt to see what they can tell you or ask for his counselor.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:29 PM

Sorry ladies, I am no help with the phone situation...lucky for me, I have a verizon landline and haven't had to deal with any of the craziness as far as setting up accounts and whatnot. As long as his phone list is in and has gone through, I don't have trouble getting calls. I got the verizon landline when my brother was incarcerated, but I never thought I'd have to worry about it with my man too! haha.

NDJ - Sorry that you couldn't visit this past weekend, I was really surprised to hear that his list wasn't in yet...from my experience, they don't usually take that long!!

However, that brings me to my next comment...

I don't think you all have heard me vent about my man much, but here it is!!! My first annoyed post - monumental, right? haha. I'm thinking my slight annoyance is being exacerabated by my sickness, but oh well. : )

For the most part, we have a normal, happy, honest relationship - no shady crap, no other women, nothing like that...but I'm kinda pissed because he didn't mention no Saturday visits to me! He knows we visit every Saturday - we actually call them our "dates" (he is the one who insists on that!)...but A) I haven't heard from him all week, which is kind of weird - he usually calls at least once, and B) He hasn't mentioned not having visits this Saturday. What the hell. I'm finding this really rude, self-centered and aggrevating. Of course, I know there could be something else going on to explain why he didn't call...but I want to vent about it anyway! I'm not really mad that he didn't call, I'm just annoyed that he wouldn't respect my time enough to let me know that they weren't having visits on Saturday. Luckily, I saw that NDJ mentioned it and was able to figure it out on my own...but geez, I think this falls into the category of something that he's responsible for telling me. I plan on letting him know how I feel when he calls - I'm sure he's not trying to upset me, but come on! I suspect he'll call today or tomorrow so I can tell him how I feel about it then, but I'm still annoyed right now and had to let it out.

Sorry for the vent, but you know...other people don't understand! haha.

Whew, that felt good. I need some understanding, ladies! : )
Old 08-14-2009, 05:32 PM

NDJ- sorry his list isn't in, but cant wait to hear from you on Tuesday
Chick- that's really annoying! but since you guys are pretty straight with each other, it seems so much more probable that he's having a bad couple of days or something is going on inside. It really could be anything considering the stuff that goes on inside prisons- lol, they got more drama then Law & Order!!! Try not to stress, but definately dont hesitate to let him know how upset you are, I would be the same way!! Hope you feel better physically and mentally soon!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Thanks Jebs! I'm definitely feeling BLAH, and maybe that's making me more annoyed than I would normally be...but I'll let him know that I'm annoyed, don't worry! haha.

He sometimes has bad days and he's been really irritated lately because it's been so hot, but more likely than not he has probably been busy watching football, possibly getting drunk and playing pool like he's out at a bar with the guys instead of locked up somewhere. Not to sound bitter, that's just how he does his time and that's okay with me...but damn, let me know what's up!

Good news is that now I can find something fun to do tomorrow instead of sitting in that hot ass, non-drink-having visiting room, but I'm still going to miss his incommunicado, annoying ass! haha.
Closed Thread