Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 PM

Okay, I totally took a mental health day today...except I kept feeling guilty all day! haha. That wasn't so good for my mental health, but ooooh well. I just have some weird guilt complex about missing work. I spent the day with my mom, my grandmother, my cousin and her 2 year old daughter...we got lunch, went swimming and did all kinds of stuff...it was really nice!! Now I just wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow. haha.

Nicky, I'm glad you finally heard from your man...sometimes it's hard to keep our imaginations under control when we don't hear from our men!

Dmiz, try not to get your hopes up too much - sometimes people don't care what the PO recommends! I know this from first hand experience with my man and his probation violation - his PO recommended that he just continue on probation because he's "a really compliant person"...but the judge wasn't trying to hear that. Of course, my man's violation was a little more serious than just a traffic ticket so hopefully things go better for you! : )

You all have these court days coming up....so I wish you all luck! Hopefully the outcomes are good!

At least tomorrow is hump day...and the week is half over! : )
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 PM

hey ladies- checking in! I can't wait for Thursday, I get to see our baby Jeb at
the doctors for a 30 wk sonogram! that's about all that's going on here! goodnight!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Forever Dreaming

Default Hello

hello all, I am just checkin in and letting u all know I am still around. Alot of things going on with me and my inmate or was my inmate. I still have some friends in there and I have made some great friends here so I am going nowhere. LOL Hope all is doing well.

Melissa
Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 AM

Default hello all!

its so good to see this board jumping! We all need to stick together,waiting and working on the outside is so hard! Yeah, i finally got mail. They have been holding it at MCTC according to his dates inside and the postmark.
I hope all you ladies have a really super day and get all the lettters and phone calls you need! Tink
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 AM

Default sorry its so hard for you now!

Communiction is the key. It sucks that we have to wait so long for our answers! I think you should tell him that you are doing time too and you need to know stuff as soon as he does. I would be pissed if it was his counselor that had to give me the news not him! Obviously, if SHE knew, he knew too. I am sorry sweetie. I think (but am not sure) that they pretty much tell him right away the answer.
I think with your Mom you might have to break down and be honest with her. I mean,if he isnt going to be there then something has to be said. Better it come from you.
I will include you in my prayers, keep your head up and ask him to explain when you talk to him. good luck and keep posting!Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy09 View Post
hey ladies.

i really need to vent. my fiance's parole hearing was in april. they recommended him a delayed release. i kept asking my fiance did he get a final decision and he would always tell me no. 3 months have past so i called his case manager and she said they refused him.

im starting to think he did not want to tell me it was refused because he wanted to "spare my feelings." i have not had a chance to talk to him yet but tonight i will.

i wonder if they sent him a letter and he just did not tell me or if they sent him something and he did not get it yet.

should i be mad at him for not telling me if he did know? i hope this isnot the case because that means he's hiding information from me that i should/deserve to know. & if did not know that means im going to have to break the bad news to him tonight.

to make matters worse (D.C. has not come to get him for a detainer they have on him). We filled out the IAD request months ago. I wonder if thats why he was denied? the detainer is not even for him. they somehow got his information screwed up with another inmate. sucks he maxes out in june 2011. maybe earlier w/ good time. not sure how that works but i know they have already taken 7 months off of his 3 year sentence. if the detainer gets lifted his lawyer said he could get him in this drug program but D.C. is taking forever to come.

i just want to go home & cry. im going to cross my fingers & keep praying. we live together and my mom does not know whats happened. i dont know what im going to tell her come the holidays any advice?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 AM

It's Hump day! Week is half over and I'm so glad it is! How is everyone today?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM

I am okay today, just finished moving, damn it would be easier if he was here to do all this lifting lol. Chick- I wont get my hopes too high- I know how this system works. As far as his violation- the judge and states attorneyn seem more worried about his fines and restitution- so I will get them paid and see what happens from there. How long did he get a hit for on the violation and what county was it? Taking the kids to go see him today, this should be fun, I usually just take one at a time and I am taking them both so we will see.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:35 AM

My DH was moved to JPRU! So I don't think I'll be seeing him again till Court on the 18th. Bummer, but at the same time, it'll save us some money with gas.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:59 AM

Well, I posted it on the other thread because I wasn't aware that we had a new one, but Family Day was wonderful!

Seems like everyone is doing well for the moment, hopefully it stays that way for a bit, but "this too shall pass - the good and the bad".

Other than that, we are doing pretty good here. As you probably know, we are awaiting a Parole Hearing and I am trying to get all the ducks in a row. I spoke to a Lieutenant where my honey is about trying to get some stuff removed from his file, and even though that is probably not going to happen in time for the hearing, the Lieutenant said that my honey is very lucky that he is going to Parole when he is because "they are trying to get a lot of inmates out of here to save money". I knew this was happening, but that is the first time that I have heard anyone official confirm it! I am so excited! I can feel it, he is coming home. I am usually very skeptical but I believe this is going to happen for us.

So we had a kinda icky fight last night about money for the attorney which we worked out rather quickly, but he made a few comments that "that yelling is something I hate more than anything in this world" (I yell when I am pissed) and he said something about me procrastinating and he doesn't like that either. Well, I asked "if you love me so much, how can you hate so much about me" so we end up having another argument about that and after he is really pissed and yelling at me he says "how bout I just get out of here and spend the rest of my life with you, then what you going to do???" Even though he was yelling, all I could do is laugh. I said "did you just threaten to spend the rest of your life with me???" and "are we having an argument about how much you love me???" AWE!!! Argument over! How could I be mad at that??? LOL.

Also on a positive note, I just got a raise. Now all of it is going toward attorney fees for now, but considering I haven't even been here a year and wasn't eligible for a raise yet, I am pretty flattered!

Jeff's- as always I am praying, crossed and dancing for your visiting list.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:19 PM

Greens- LOL at your suddenly ended argument. when jeb and I would fight, and one of us (usually him ) wanted to end the argument quickly, hed stick his face in mine and say "shut up and kiss me!" And it would be over just like that! He says that on the phone now and I can't help smiling like a fool. Congrats on him maybe coming home! I wish mine would be so lucky. Congrats on the raise! Woohoo!

I finally talked to my parents today who up until now have blatantly ignored the pink elephant in the room and prevented to not have a daughter for the past 6 months. Although I was never super close with my mother, my dad and I were always attached at the hip, and Im relieved I got to speak with them. They even acknowledged the baby as their 'grandson' which is cool.
So.... hubby got approved for sanitation and has repeatedly put in a slip to request boots that he should automatically get... but they're screwing him over, like they do with most of the white boys at Toulson. Hes also repeatedly asked for another pair of clothes since he's still wearing the single pair of jeans they gave him at DOC. ( he has to wash them in the shower). And he's requested a washrag since the only one he has has two giant holes in it. All the other guys get whatever they want from the COs and whenever he needs something- they tell him to fill out a slip. Its total BS, especially when he's polite as can be to those stupid COs and they ignore him. I want to smack them all in the face!!Argh! God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...LOL Whats a girl to do!? Glad things are alright with you ladies!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM

Hey ladies!!! Glad to see everyone is alive and kickin' (especially baby Jeb)! : )

Dmiz - Despite how DOC works, maybe you'll get lucky! I'm pulling for you! My man was on two probations and his one dumb act violated both of them...so he ended up getting 15 months on one and 2 years on the other, both in Baltimore County.

NDJ - Both of our guys are at JPRU now! If you need any info, let me know...I'm getting pretty well informed on the place. haha. When my man was transferred, I was able to visit pretty quickly so you may be able to visit him before court on the 18th (unless it's a schedule thing on your end).

Greens - Congrats on the raise! Hope your luck keeps up! : )

Jebs - Hope your appointment went well! Will this be your parents' first grandchild? These cute little babies can normally worm their way into even the coldest heart - who can NOT love a little "bundle of joy"? : ) I'm glad you finally got to reconnect with them, and hopefully things keep moving in a positive direction! I don't know what the deal is with Toulson, but it sounds like Jeb is doing the right things...and some dudes can buy anything in prison(even CO's)!

I guess I need to do some errand type stuff like grocery shopping and laundry and boring stuff like that, so I will catch up with you all later!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Chick- Thanks for your friendly words girl. Haha, Ive never had girlfriends! Yes, this is their first grandbaby- Im the only (spoiled brat) child. Ill definately let you know how the sonogram goes tomorrow!
Have a good night everyone!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 PM

Jebs - I'm so glad you were able to talk with your parents. Like Chick says, babies open hearts, so don't close yours to them.

Chick - I would love to be able to see him. I'm trying to figure out what his visit days are. I can go on Saturday this week, but plan to visit a friend out of town on Sunday and Monday, so that's why I'm thinking I might not be able to see him this week. I know I could do either day next weekend, provided of course, his list was in by then.

I'm about ready for bed for the night. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM

Getting ready for bed myself. We are hoping and praying to get lucky with court. Me and the kids just moved back home with my parents until he comes home- hopefully next month- Got so much to get done whether he comes home or not. I wish I knew for sure when he would be home so I could plan a little better but as he told me earlier- plans are made for departure- but we will see. only 36 more days until we know, seems like forever- well back to work tomorrow to start my work week. Hope everyone is doing well tonight.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:43 AM

Hey ladies! I'm totally not a morning person, so I gotta make this post short or I'll be late for work. haha.

NDJ - Visiting at JPRU depends on the inmates last name. If his last name begins with M-Z, his visiting is Friday from 7-9pm too. If his last name is A-L, his hours are Monday 7-9pm. They both have hours on the weekends. You can look them up online too, to get the details for the weekend. Saturday A-L is 1-3pm and M-Z is 7-9pm, and they switch on Sunday. If you're going to visit though, you should plan on getting there at least 30 minutes early because there's usually a line of like 30 people or so waiting to get in there! Visits are up to two hours long (they all end at the designated time, regardless of when you start your visit) and contact visits...me and my man hold hands the whole time and get to make out a few times. haha. : ) It's not too shabby! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 AM

Thanks for the info Chick! Do you think they would tell me if I called whether his list was in or not? I'd hate to drive an hour to find it not there.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Hey All-
It has been a very long week!!!!! HIS LIST IS IN!!!!!!!~ Thanks for all the dances ladies! It looks like I will be in cumberland this weekend.Woooohooooo! Hope all is well with everyone!

~FOREVER AND ALWAYS I WILL BE HIS~
Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 PM

Hey ladies! The week is almost over! WOOHOO!

NDJ - I definitely think they will let you know if you call up there and ask. Did he tell you that he already submitted his list? My man was moved on like a Tuesday or something and I was already up there by the weekend...it only took them like two days to get that list processed. I called and verified that the list was in before I went up there too. You can visit twice a week, but I heard that some ladies have gotten away with visiting 3 times a week without being denied...so I've been thinking about trying it. JPRU is pretty decent, my guy likes it okay and the CO's seem okay so far. Call the place up and see what they have to say...the number is 410-540-2700. Good luck!

Jeffs - CONGRATS!!! I'm happy for you, I know you need to see that man of yours!

I'm off to take a nice chilly dive in the pool...BRRRR!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Jeffs- Yay happy visiting!!
NDJ- hope you get to visit this weekend!
Had my sonogram today... he's 3lbs 9 ounces already and 18 inches!! Doc says if we continue to grow at this pace I will be induced early because I have super narrow hips and would otherwise very likely need a c section. I say whatever as long as he's healthy. I was a little dissappointed because he's head down already and had his hands covering his face, so they couldn't get a pic of him! Jeb was counting on one.
Anyway, hope you ladies have an easy Fri and for those who are seeing their men this weekend, have a great one!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-06-2009, 05:44 PM

Jeffs- Yay happy visiting!!
NDJ- hope you get to visit this weekend!
Had my sonogram today... he's 3lbs 9 ounces already and 18 inches!! Doc says if we continue to grow at this pace I will be induced early because I have super narrow hips and would otherwise very likely need a c section. I say whatever as long as he's healthy. I was a little dissappointed because he's head down already and had his hands covering his face, so they couldn't get a pic of him! Jeb was counting on one.
Anyway, hope you ladies have an easy Fri and for those who are seeing their men this weekend, have a great one!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-06-2009, 06:29 PM
It's us against the world

Jeffsbaby I'm so happy for you that you get to see him now right in time for your b-day.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 PM

Yay for your visiting list Jeffs! I am so glad you get to see him this weekend!

Jebs - Sorry you didn't get a face shot. I know you're excited to meet your little guy!

Chick - I called there tonight and the CO who answered the phone wouldn't tell me if the list was there or not. I'm gonna take a stab at visiting on Saturday. I won't be disappointed if it's not there. I wasn't planning to take the kids anyway, so if I can't see him, I'll just be on my way on my trip earlier than I had planned.

What is everyone up to this weekend? Besides visiting that is.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:13 PM

I'm starting to thaw out from my swim, but dang it was cold!

NDJ - I called up there when my man was transferred and they just put me on hold for like 2 minutes, came back and told me that his list was in. Of course, I called during the day...maybe you want to give it a try during the day tomorrow and see if someone is more helpful. With my DOC experiences so far, the rules pretty much depend on who is working! If you decide to come up, the standard DOC rules apply. haha. No underwire bra, no shorts(sometimes it's no shorts above the knee...sometimes it's no shorts, period), and the old rule was that you can't bring anything larger than a $10...but now that they've switched to tokens, I don't know if that still applies. Also, don't forget to arrive early! You might see my butt out there waiting in line! haha. I usually don't get there too early though, because I'm not trying to spend an hour standing in line - I do have a life! : )

Sounds like just about everyone is going to be visiting this weekend...and I can't wait! For now, I'm off to Giant to see if they have any corn on the cob left. It's on sale 12 for $1.99! Yum!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM

hey everyone, just checkin in for the night. worked a long 16 hour day today and a little tired. nothing really changed on this end. going to visit tomorrow, was not planning on it but he called and told me that he wanted to see me tomorrow so off I go. another week done and over with, we will know what is going on in 5 weeks, time is dwindling away.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 AM
FOREVER HIS LADY

Thanks so much ladies!!!!!!!!

Yup 7 weeks without a hug from him is killing me. In less then 24 hours I will see that man of mine. If I will be able to sleep tonight it will be amazing.

Jebs- Awww baby comming soon. How are ya feeling girl?

Dmiz- Kick those feet up and have a great visit. 16 hours damn I have not done that in years.

Chick- How was the corn? I love that stuff and swimming I have not been at all this year which is not like me at all.

Daddy- Thanks girl. I know a birthday present early. That is all I wanted to do was get that list in before my birthday. His parents are comming to my party which will be very cool. It will be the first time his family and mine will get to really meet. I see his parents but, they have never met my family. I have warned my crazy but loveable family if they embrass me they are dead.

Well off to work. Will check in later. Have a great one my girls. Hurry up day and get over.

~FOREVER AND ALWAYS I WILL BE HIS~
Closed Thread