Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:10 PM
...and the winds blew!

Default Looking for James L. Headrick in Texas

[Hey All,

My son was in TDCJ from 2001 - 2005 and while there meet a guy and they were best friends, like brothers. His name is James L. Headrick. His nickname was "Red" or "Deacon Red" but Paul (my son) teasing always called him "His Redness".

Anyway, to make my post more to the point, my son was killed in a car wreack 6 months after his release, but I had told him before that tragic event I would stay in touch with "Red" for him. he doesn't really have any body else on te outside. His mom is in poor health and none of the rest of his family seems to really care. So I've been writing to him on a weekly basis for almost 3 years now. We have been through some hard time together. When Paul was killed, Red and I helped each other deal with the grief through our many letters.

Anyway, "Red" has appealed his cases. He "won" the first two case against him in Tarrant County back in April, but had 3 case due for trial in Dallas County. Okay, he was assigned to Dalhart Unit and his last letter to me (dated July 3, 2007) was from there. But he was transferred to Clements on July 6th, and within a few days the Locator had the "Temp Assignment' listing. His other appeals were to be in Dallas County, but he is not being held in the Dallas County Jail and the TDCJ inmate locator line still has him listed as "Temp. Assignment- Bench Warrant- State. So where is "Red". I've called and/or checked all of the County Jails (Dallas, Tarrant and all surounding counites and nobody has him.

I"ve also contacted he TX Court of Criminal Appeals..no records. So I'm really concerned that perhaps he is ill and in a hospital or infirmory some where. he had several health issues..high blood pressure, breathing problems and a really bad stomach that he was on meds for at Dalhart.

I really don't know what else to try at this point so if anybody has any suggestions as to how I can find Red's location, please help me!! I am really concerned about him and mostly importantly, I 'promised' Paul just before he was killed that I would watch "Red's" back as long as he was in prison and I've lost him in the nightmare called "TDCJ"!!

Last edited by whitewolf2751; 08-12-2007 at 03:13 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 PM

call his last known place of incarceration and see who he was released to