Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:24 PM

Thanked 1,110 Times in 615 Posts

There's always ducking into an empty classroom for some quiet time, earplugs are wonderful, and an MP3 player with a white noise track is even better.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor activist View Post
There's always ducking into an empty classroom for some quiet time, earplugs are wonderful, and an MP3 player with a white noise track is even better.
Fortunately, he finally found a semi-quiet place in the library where he was able to read quietly for about 2 hours today.

He didn't buy the MP3 player because he said he doesn't need to listen to music, plus they're like $85 but you know, now that I think about it, that's not a bad idea to have him get one just to block out the other bad noises. I'll send him an email with that suggestion now. I don't know if earplugs are available, but I'll suggest that as well. Thanks for the ideas!
Old 12-09-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I never had a DNA test, but I was required to give the bop some blood so they could add me to the FBI national DNA database.

Google voice was, and I bet still is, considered to be forbidden "call forwarding" by the bop. Some folks never get caught, but those that did received a conduct shot and lost all phone use for 3 to 6 months. It's difficult to get information from the bop about what is or isn't call forwarding, but changing your cellphone number to one that is a local call from his prison is allowed, regardless of where the phone is physically located.
Weird. One would think they would have added you to NCIC when the Marshals booked you into holding after arrest.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:31 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,652 Times in 10,602 Posts

I guess I was early enough in the process that I wasn't given the card (along with the warning that if I didn't volunteer, it would be done forcefully) until during my release preparation.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 12-10-2017 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-11-2017, 08:12 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,867 Times in 13,267 Posts

I wanted to add......I remember when my hub was in prison. Those darn annoying announcements!!!!!!!
I timed it. The phone calls are 15 min plus like 30 seconds. I figured the recordings dont count toward the phone call.
And yes, they will cut out once in awhile. Could be any reason.

Sounds like he's doing ok. My hub said the noise was the hardest to get used to, but he will.
My hub was state so things might be different for feds but you could order things for him, on a quarterly basis. (like head phones, a tv, shoes, clothing etc....socks were a big one for my hub)
I hope the feds allow you to buy him things thru vendors. Its still more expensive than a regular store but ....well, it is what it is.

That's my dog's nose art