Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:55 AM
His wifey

Question Do you have a MWI relationship or a relationship that developed in prison?

Hello my MWI pals....DO U HAVE A PRISON RELATIONSHIP OR A RELATIONSHIP THAT DELEVOPED IN PRISON??..........my lovey bear and I got to thinking about this question at visitation last wkend. we talked about it for a while and we came to a conclusion. we have a relationship that developed while in prison. the difference is a prison relationship is a relationship where u send them money, visit and do watever u feel u need to do for this person but upon release they LEAVE u and never return. in other words they use u while they down and have moved on about their lives wid out a sheer thanks for anything even when ur not able to send money they complain and put u down, say u dont love them, try to make u feel bad for not doing enuff 4 them............ a relationship developed while in prison is a relationship where u have found your soulmate, ur world, life, rock, best friend and you do wat u can for this person b/c u love them deeply. when ur not able to do things he doesnt complain or get upset he understands. he wants u to take care of u b4 u give him anything. he wants u to be with him b/c u love him and he loves u not to use u for money or wat not. Ya'll are planning a family upon his release, He introduces u to his family, he wants u to spend time with his children, he still gets butterflies when u walk into the visitation room. he calls u daily and the first words out of his mouth are hey beautiful.... THIS iS A RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPED WHILE IN PRISON!!! I absolutely love my lovey bear infinity plus 1....idk where i'd be wid out him really...wat kinda relationship do u feel u guys have??

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kellya5107 For This Useful Post:
24jf (06-23-2010), lucille78 (11-04-2014), OnlyInTexas (11-30-2014), tbrizing (06-22-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,103 Times in 706 Posts

Great question Kelly! J and I definitely have a relationship that developed in prison! He's understanding and always puts us first. And when he doesn't and realizes it, he'll apologize for being selfish. We've introduced the other to each of our families and are definitely planning on being a family once he's out Good thread!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:11 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,873 Times in 10,462 Posts

It's a horse of a different color, like comparing apples to oranges as they say. People that have known each other can have a prison relationship and those that met while one was incarcerated can as well, but only MWI's can have a relationship that developed while one party was incarcerated by true definition.

Patty

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patty For This Useful Post:
kellya5107 (06-22-2010), missjohnson (06-23-2010), PTO-110524 (06-25-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
I LOVE MY HUSBAND

I feel that only relationships that were started in prison can only be such!
HisChevyBabe (11-30-2014), Juni's Jeva (06-22-2010), kellya5107 (06-22-2010), missjohnson (06-23-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 PM

Default I agree...

I have a beautiful and healthy relationship:) that developed in prison. And frankly as I've been on this website and talked to others I realized how even a prison relationship can be a non healthy one, an abusive one even! I didn't think it was possible, really?! I thought there are so many restrictions already placed upon the relationship, how could there be any more stress?? or problems...WHY? would anyone endure that? or go there? :confused:
I hear people complaining and stressing about who their man talks to or writes to, AS WELL as inmates who are jealous and try to control their women to the extreme of what they wear to their visitations!:eek: I hear all this, and it saddens me. But hey no one is perfect and everyone's got their issues.
It made me and my man realize how very lucky we are that we are "WE", not anyone else. This and other relationships in my past have made me value what we have now, in the present, no time for the B.S. drama. Ya know?
We feel blessed under such depressing and terrible circumstances, we Love and innerstand deeper than any relationship I've had with men on the outside. The irony of life. To find my twin (soul mate) and not be able to have him to the full extent that we both deserve.
Well, those are my thoughts on that.

Peace & Love,

"Juni's Jeva" :p

4ever
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juni's Jeva For This Useful Post:
kellya5107 (06-22-2010), lou085 (11-05-2014)
Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts
Default Both

I would say BOTH. We are in a prison relationship that developed while he was in prison.
"Our" defintion of a prison relationship is not one where the person always gets jerked upon release because some have no out dates and some break before the end. But indeed a prison relationship is one where one party is locked up and it does not matter *to me* how or when it developed.
As long as you are going without sex, limited contact, taped conversations,dress code of the doc on visits,cavaity searches,jail mail,co's on u like white on rice,handcuffs, glass,barbed wire, and your mail read on a daily basis, you are indeed in a prison relationship.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Account Suspended

Even if someone was in a "prison relationship", no one is gonna admit that or want to admit that they are in one. Well not until its too late.
And many feel like they are in a relationship developed while in prison....but they could have a "prison relationship".

I think the only thing that we can truly agree on is that everyone wants the happy ending.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Reuniting on 11.o2.12

I agree with MichiJC.

However basing my answer on the definition of the OP - we have a "relationship that was developed in prison" everything that was posted by the OP
a relationship developed while in prison is a relationship where u have found your soulmate, ur world, life, rock, best friend and you do wat u can for this person b/c u love them deeply. when ur not able to do things he doesnt complain or get upset he understands. he wants u to take care of u b4 u give him anything. he wants u to be with him b/c u love him and he loves u not to use u for money or wat not. Ya'll are planning a family upon his release, He introduces u to his family, he wants u to spend time with his children, he still gets butterflies when u walk into the visitation room. he calls u daily and the first words out of his mouth are hey beautiful.... THIS iS A RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPED WHILE IN PRISON!!!
J is my soulmate, my world, my life, rock and best friend. I do all that I can for him because I want to not because he asks me to - although there are times that I tend to forget to send something and he reminds me but its because I said I would and just hadn't gotten around to doing it. He understands though he knows I work and go to school full-time so something I'm too tired to make that trip to visit or sometimes funds are low and I can't go and he understands - he would rather be sending me money to help out with my bills than for me to be sending him money for store. I have met his family, and always asks me to be sure to spend time with his kids when I go visit - and of course he still gets butterflies and a little nervous when he sees me in the visitation room; when he calls me his first words are "Baby, I love you and miss you what are you doing my love".
HEz STiLL MY B0O!!

0ur Motto is: "To be SUCCESSFUL, you need to build a LOVING foundation"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedzReyna For This Useful Post:
delilah19 (11-30-2014), kellya5107 (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 PM
grá mo chroí

Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,527 Posts

Ray and I have a relationship that developed in prison. We were friends first, for a long time, the nwe became more. He is my rock, my calm in the storm, my love. He gets a bit upset, not bad tho, if I cut myself short to be able to see him (I don't do it often). He makes me laugh, he keeps me grounded and he keeps me sane. When he gets out we will have been married for 3 years (hopefully getting married in late Aug, or early Sept this year) and I will welcome him home with open arms.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temeron0926 For This Useful Post:
kellya5107 (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 AM

Will im to all this i meet my love through his mom and it is only getting stonger he dose not ask me for nothing , nothing at all only to be true to him he has 3 years to go hope fully he can be out in a year i love him....
The Following User Says Thank You to krazykindoflove For This Useful Post:
kellya5107 (06-23-2010)
Old 06-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobabi View Post
I would say BOTH. We are in a prison relationship that developed while he was in prison.
"Our" defintion of a prison relationship is not one where the person always gets jerked upon release because some have no out dates and some break before the end. But indeed a prison relationship is one where one party is locked up and it does not matter *to me* how or when it developed.
As long as you are going without sex, limited contact, taped conversations,dress code of the doc on visits,cavaity searches,jail mail,co's on u like white on rice,handcuffs, glass,barbed wire, and your mail read on a daily basis, you are indeed in a prison relationship.
If it walks like a duck.....Is there a name for relationships that are going strong successfully after release,like say maybe "post-mwi"??!!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Well honestly you can't say until he's out.
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthernGyrl For This Useful Post:
kellya5107 (07-04-2010)
Old 06-26-2010, 01:20 PM

I Have a Relationship That Developed In Prison My Love and I knew eachother as friends before he went away but found that love now! I know lots of people have said he is just using me but I know they are wrong because fisrt thing he said was I don't want money or packages etc. I just want u in my life! He also said he can't really offer me much just love honesty a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen but above all his Love! That means more to me than anything! I thank God for My Man Everyday and it feels good to have a man to trust and depend on! I Love him and I will be here till the whells fall off! And I have faith that if I hold on and be there for him he will respect and love me till the end and more when he comes home!
The Following User Says Thank You to prittyblueyes1 For This Useful Post:
kellya5107 (07-04-2010)
Old 11-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Heathen

I have met a man while he is in prison and he's pursued me same as he said he would if he met me in the street.( except he could put his hands on me) And I hold him to the same standard as I would anyone I'm involved with. My crystal ball is broken and not sure how the next 3 years will unfold so I can't say for sure what will happen, but I do know what ever it is, its genuine on both sides.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gawgapeach For This Useful Post:
Sunflow (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014, 11:43 PM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,814 Posts

I remember when we met with Tony and how I needed to label and define our relationship and I did a lot of thinking about what, how and why our relationship was, so I understand the need to wonder things like in this thread.

Nowadays I call our relationship marriage or if we weren't married I would call it simply relationship. Not MWI marriage, not a MWI relationship or a relationship that developed in prison. I only use MWI terms when I need to explain something to someone other than myself or people who already know how we met and only when I feel that I for some specific reason has to do any explaining about how we met.

I think it was useful to do some thinking about the nature of our relationship though. It's a good thing to know where you stand.

But yeah, now I have this thing called marriage Oh yes, and my husband is incarcerated, but that's just telling where he lives, it doesn't define our marriage, because it's still just a marriage. Boring, huh?

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflow For This Useful Post:
chosenmemories (11-16-2014)
Old 11-05-2014, 04:09 AM
Spook's Lazy Butt

i dont get it, how can a MWI relationship, not started in a prison/jail/complex/compound what ever we call it, im lost

Old 11-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Missing him

Me and my baby started our relationship while he has been incarcerated it has been a Lind hard path cause we have had a lot of stuff in our way but we are hanging in there doing the best we can and we love each other so much
Old 11-06-2014, 06:28 PM

We have a relationship. He doesn't get mad with me about money because I rarely send him some. We write and talk on the phone and visit. He is my boyfriend plain and simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to Siesie617 For This Useful Post:
HisChevyBabe (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 12:19 AM

That was a great question and our marriage developed in prison and despite that being his temporary situation. Our love journey is just like the rose that grew out of concrete. Despite the restrictions, despite the trials and tribulations, despite the distance, a love took root that will never perish. The household is first then if I can help I do if not it's fine.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:50 AM

My husband and I met during his incarceration. After 2 months of knowing each other he asked me to marry him. going on 3 years strong! I met him for the first time last year! was a very laid back experience because we feel like we have known each other for years! planning my next visit this spring and if everything goes as expected we will be getting married soon! you cant help who you love! He is my soul-mate, my everything, my true love. He never gets mad at me for not sending money. I keep money on the phone, stamps, writing supplies and his clothing properties he takes care of himself on the food tip. I take care of me, house, truck,etc and if there is anything left then I will put a little bread on his books and if not he understands. I love my husband and he loves me
The Following User Says Thank You to HisChevyBabe For This Useful Post:
Valenzuela20 (05-31-2019)