Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

Default Governor's Review

I'm 9 hours away from boarding onto a Hawaiian vacation and I get an unexpected call, I hear hubby's ring tone and automatically think, OMG he's going to give me his release date, because he can't help himself. Nope, he called to say that the Governor is suggesting that the Parole Directors or whatever title he called them, they oversee the parole panel who found my husband suitable... Governor wants them to re-review, to confirm whether Jr has insight on his prior substance abuse. He was highly over the legal limit at the time of the crime, has a Juvenal record of being intoxicated and a write up in 2008 that I didn't know about with regard to a fight and both involved were suspected of smelling like alcohol - Jr admitted to having partaken in drinking and was written up for it - how in the HELL did I miss that??? Did he lie to me and tell me they were on lock-down, did he even have privileges taken - I didn't get to ask these questions tonight, but best believe that I will be asking soon.

A friend of his who has been out for 2 years now, served 3 decades - says that the Managing Board Members don't want to shit on their colleges who find inmates suitable, but we'll see... I understand, complete reviews must be conducted, this is serious - protocols on all levels must be reviewed and cleared.

Broke my heart to hear him so discouraged. All I can do is assure him that I'll be here for him and to advise not focusing on this as negative but rather just apart of the review process.

I'll find out more in a week or two - for now I'm on vacation! He'll call to speak with our daughter on Friday, while we're hiking or swimming in the tropics, Lawrdy I need this break!

Sponsored Links