Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:56 PM

Default Please help! How do I request a prison transfer for him?

My husband is currently at the shitty Cheyenne mountain facility where they refuse to do anything to help him or keep him safe since he wont snitch. How do I request a prison transfer???
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2019, 07:15 PM
attorney

Thanked 22,290 Times in 7,748 Posts

He requests it. He should talk with his counselor.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKarla View Post
My husband is currently at the shitty Cheyenne mountain facility where they refuse to do anything to help him or keep him safe since he wont snitch. How do I request a prison transfer???
He has to put in a kite to meet with his CM. Don't get your hopes up, it's almost impossible to get transferred on request. Also, be careful what you wish for. Hopefully he doesn't have alot of time left.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:50 PM

You can’t do anything it’s between him and DOC.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:23 PM

lol but seriously, fuck that place

My husband said some guys in the kitchen witnessed staff crying about how they were told that facility would be shutting down in about 6 months. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen an article about how private prisons were going to be a topic of the next legislative session which starts in January with the votes finalizing by the end of May meaning that timeline is actually pretty accurate. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, fuck that place
The Following User Says Thank You to codef18 For This Useful Post:
Meg_fos89 (11-15-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codef18 View Post
lol but seriously, fuck that place

My husband said some guys in the kitchen witnessed staff crying about how they were told that facility would be shutting down in about 6 months. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen an article about how private prisons were going to be a topic of the next legislative session which starts in January with the votes finalizing by the end of May meaning that timeline is actually pretty accurate. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, fuck that place
Where will they put all the inmates that are there though?
Old 11-16-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_fos89 View Post
Where will they put all the inmates that are there though?
They have already started moving guys out of CMRC. From my understanding, they are phasing out private prisons which makes sense as there is no way they can shut them all down at once.

My husband had two cousins there and they both got moved within the last couple of weeks. One was compliant with programming with no write ups. He went to Camp George. The other one hasnt been compliant and he was sent to Bent - another private facility. They also took about 20 offenders to TCF within the last couple of weeks.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
They have already started moving guys out of CMRC. From my understanding, they are phasing out private prisons which makes sense as there is no way they can shut them all down at once.

My husband had two cousins there and they both got moved within the last couple of weeks. One was compliant with programming with no write ups. He went to Camp George. The other one hasnt been compliant and he was sent to Bent - another private facility. They also took about 20 offenders to TCF within the last couple of weeks.
Does he know anything about the criteria for getting moved out of there? Unofficially obviously since they'd never publish anything like that lol
Old 11-16-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Does he know anything about the criteria for getting moved out of there? Unofficially obviously since they'd never publish anything like that lol
I don't think there is actually criteria to get them moved out or transferred to other facility. I know if they get continuous write ups or are non-compliant with programming, they will have a good shot at moving out.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
Meg_fos89 (11-17-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I don't think there is actually criteria to get them moved out or transferred to other facility. I know if they get continuous write ups or are non-compliant with programming, they will have a good shot at moving out.
Mine is on restricted privaliges right now or at least he was at the parole hearing a couple weeks ago for not going to a class and getting kicked out of it. The site says he is still at crmc though so I dont think he has been moved yet.
They told me he would be paroled to the springs on his mrd. But if he gets moved will that change. Cause right now his mrd is not until january of 2021.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:16 AM

Question

Quote:
Mine is on restricted privaliges right now or at least he was at the parole hearing a couple weeks ago for not going to a class and getting kicked out of it. The site says he is still at crmc though so I dont think he has been moved yet.
They told me he would be paroled to the springs on his mrd. But if he gets moved will that change. Cause right now his mrd is not until january of 2021.

What does 'mrd' stand for?

Old 11-20-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For My Baby View Post
What does 'mrd' stand for?
MRD stands for mandatory release date, that's the date where they have reached their full term of incarceration. And will be released to mandatory parole. Colorado is a mandatory parole state meaning offenders have to do parole even if they serve their whole prison sentence.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meg_fos89 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-20-2019), sidewalker (11-25-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
This is seriously the worst fuckin place for parole. When he does get out, unless he has a strong support system here, he needs to transfer to Denver or literally anyone else. If he stays here with iffy support he is likely to find support in the wrong group of parolees. That was a direct quote from my cousin's PO and I didn't believe him til it was too late.
Meg_fos89 (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
This is seriously the worst fuckin place for parole. When he does get out, unless he has a strong support system here, he needs to transfer to Denver or literally anyone else. If he stays here with iffy support he is likely to find support in the wrong group of parolees. That was a direct quote from my cousin's PO and I didn't believe him til it was too late.
You mean in the springs?
He's never even lived in colorado springs, never even been to colorado springs before. We had only lived in denver for 3 months before he got arrested. He has so support in Colorado at all. I moved after everything happened. I guess he trying to get into the oxford house transitional living for parolees. Have you ever heard of it?
Old 11-21-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
You mean in the springs?
He's never even lived in colorado springs, never even been to colorado springs before. We had only lived in denver for 3 months before he got arrested. He has so support in Colorado at all. I moved after everything happened. I guess he trying to get into the oxford house transitional living for parolees. Have you ever heard of it?
Oxford is a national sober house model. Like anything it has its pros and cons, admittedly I know more people who have had negative experiences with it but I understand that has a lot.to do with the effort (or lack thereof) each person puts in. It may or not be good, but if he's MRDing he can request a transfer if he does it in enough of an advance. They deny a lot of those though
Old 11-21-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Oxford is a national sober house model. Like anything it has its pros and cons, admittedly I know more people who have had negative experiences with it but I understand that has a lot.to do with the effort (or lack thereof) each person puts in. It may or not be good, but if he's MRDing he can request a transfer if he does it in enough of an advance. They deny a lot of those though
He's done sober livings before several times and has been ejected from all of them for different reasons. Idk. Makes me stress and we aren't even close to his mrd yet. Shit he cant even stay compliant in prison and literally has nothing else to do
Old 11-21-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
He's done sober livings before several times and has been ejected from all of them for different reasons. Idk. Makes me stress and we aren't even close to his mrd yet. Shit he cant even stay compliant in prison and literally has nothing else to do
CMRC is literally an environment that promotes dysfunctionality and non compliance. Not that he should use that as an excuse but fr fuck that place lol
Meg_fos89 (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
CMRC is literally an environment that promotes dysfunctionality and non compliance. Not that he should use that as an excuse but fr fuck that place lol
I get that... but I'm like shit you've been the 3 months and cant even stay compliant for that long? Idk hopefully once he gets out he'll do well.

Do you know how long privilege restriction last there?
The Following User Says Thank You to Meg_fos89 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
You are correct, if they can't follow the rules inside, there's a high possibility they won't follow them outside.

CMRC is a re-entry facility. I believe they make it tough on the guys on purpose. I've known several offenders that have paroled from there successfully. It's like every other facility, it's what you make it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-22-2019), Meg_fos89 (11-22-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I get that... but I'm like shit you've been the 3 months and cant even stay compliant for that long? Idk hopefully once he gets out he'll do well.

Do you know how long privilege restriction last there?
Check the ARs. There is probably facility-specific variances but I'd assume it resembles the usual 15-30-45-60-90 etc. I can ask my husband whenever I talk to him.

Krdo.co. m/news/2019/11/21/oxford-homes-offers-fresh-start-for-addicts-in-pueblo/

The news just posted this about oxford ironically. You're gonna have to fix the space cuz it told me I haven't posted enough to link
Meg_fos89 (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
You are correct, if they can't follow the rules inside, there's a high possibility they won't follow them outside.

CMRC is a re-entry facility. I believe they make it tough on the guys on purpose. I've known several offenders that have paroled from there successfully. It's like every other facility, it's what you make it.
I agree with this so much, and if they can figure out how to cope with that environment they should be fine. My husband said it's like a circus ran by cracked out toddlers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codef18 For This Useful Post:
Meg_fos89 (11-21-2019), nancyginnm (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I agree with this so much, and if they can figure out how to cope with that environment they should be fine. My husband said it's like a circus ran by cracked out toddlers.
I dont I've never really dealt with prison system before now. And even now sense we aren't able to communicate its rough.

Hopefully he will not get in anymore trouble and he will get out when he is supposed to.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I dont I've never really dealt with prison system before now. And even now sense we aren't able to communicate its rough.

Hopefully he will not get in anymore trouble and he will get out when he is supposed to.
If he's MRDing there are literal laws preventing them from keeping him longer, he could lose some good time but that's it
Meg_fos89 (11-22-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 09:56 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
If he's MRDing there are literal laws preventing them from keeping him longer, he could lose some good time but that's it
I see so no matter what even if he loses good time he will be out by his origanal mrd? Well that's good. Hopefully he starts going back go classes. Does your husband like the classes?
Old 11-22-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I see so no matter what even if he loses good time he will be out by his origanal mrd? Well that's good. Hopefully he starts going back go classes. Does your husband like the classes?
Hes only taking MRT electively, it's a very intense cog skills class. I think he likes it a lot more than he wants to admit.